PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Sigmarite Themed Army Composition?

Keetoowah
03-02-2010, 12:33
Ok, I want to do a Sigmarite themed empire army. I am also trying to be competitive as none of my armies thus far have been, and I would like to win a game for once on more then my opponents crappy dice rolling. So, my question is simple, what would you put into a 2250pt competitive Sigmarite themed army?

Odin
03-02-2010, 12:59
I think you might need to explain a bit more about what sort of army you;re talking about. Most of the Empire is Sigmarite, with only Middenlanders favouring Ulric as their main deity.

Edit: just seen your other post, with a proposed cavalry army. That's certainly one way to go - there are plenty of templar knightly orders in the Empire. Some armed with lances, but there's also the Hammers of Sigmar if you wanted to go with White Wolf rules (though under the current rules, why would you?!).

Equally though, you could do what I've done and gone for free company, flagellants and witch hunter pistoliers.

Basically, whatever you like.

Keetoowah
03-02-2010, 19:05
I think you might need to explain a bit more about what sort of army you;re talking about. Most of the Empire is Sigmarite, with only Middenlanders favouring Ulric as their main deity.

Edit: just seen your other post, with a proposed cavalry army. That's certainly one way to go - there are plenty of templar knightly orders in the Empire. Some armed with lances, but there's also the Hammers of Sigmar if you wanted to go with White Wolf rules (though under the current rules, why would you?!).

Equally though, you could do what I've done and gone for free company, flagellants and witch hunter pistoliers.

Basically, whatever you like.

I had a new idea today a little while after posting this.

All that I want is a really competitive army. Then, I will be modeling it to be themed like monty python and the holy grail. That way, I'm not limiting which units that I am taking, and I can do alot of conversion work and get a very unique army. So, all that I want now is a competitive empire army. I will do the rest with painting and modeling to theme it and tie it together.

Though, I would still like to keep my arch lector on war altar if it is a viable option.