PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Warrior List. Which one you think is better?

ChaosVC
04-02-2010, 07:54
Which one do you think is better? And what is your opinnions on them?

LIST A

Chaos Lord
Mark of Tzeetch
Talisman of Protection
Amour of Damnation
Father of swords
Acid Ichor
Shield
Chaos Steed
Soporific musk

Exalted Hero
BSB
Mark of tzeentch
Collar of Khorn
Bronze amour of whatever
Favour of Gods
Great Weapon
Shield

Chaos Sorcerer
2 x dispell scoll

Core>

5 x Horseman with spears, shields, javelin, champ and Music slannesh

5 x Horseman with flails, light armour, throwing axe, champ and Music slannesh

5 x Horseman with flails, light armour, throwing axe, champ and Music slannesh

15 Nurgle warriors full command with banner of fury

5 hounds

5 hounds

Special>

6 Nurgle Knights full command and war banner

3 Dragon Orge with extra hand weapon

Rare>

Hell cannon.

LIST B

Sorcerer Lord lvl 4
Chaos Steed
Book of secrets
Spell Familiar
Third eye of Tzeentch
Crown of everlasting conquest
Sword of might

Tzeentch Sorcerer lvl 2
Power familiar
Dispell scroll
conjourned homoculas

Exalted champ
BSB
Mark of Tzeentch
Collar of Khorn
shield
Great weapons
Acid blood
Bronze armour

Core>

5 x Horseman with spears, shields, javelin and Music slannesh

5 x Horseman with flails, light armour, throwing axe and Music slannesh

5 x Horseman with flails, light armour, throwing axe and Music slannesh

5 hounds

5 hounds

15 Warriors of tzeentch shield and exra hand weapon, full command and blasted banner

Special>

15 Chosen shield, halberd, Full command, banner of fury and favour of gods

6 Khorn Knights banner and musician.

What do you think?

Narcissus
04-02-2010, 08:46
I think that sorcerer lords are probably best not in combat. Especially Tzeentch. Why put sword of might and acid ichor and other close combat items on a lord that should be out casting. Disc and Golden Eye and the sense to keep him out of shooting should keep him safe from most things.

I think GW is more useful on Dragon Ogres. They can even wound T5 baddies on a 2+.

Discs are pretty great. Combine with bloodcurdling roar. Fantastic.

I voted list A as your lord choice makes more sense to me.

ChaosVC
04-02-2010, 08:57
The Tzeentch lord in list A is a fighting Lord,

The Wizard Lord in list B has no mark. He can potentially take sword of ruin with Lore of Fire.

Riocard
04-02-2010, 14:07
I voted for List A because its a bit more versatile and has good defensive boosts. But still i would rather drop a unit of Marauder Horseman and the throwing Weapons to include a lvl 1 Wizard with Infernal Puppet. Gives you a bit more magic Defense and in case of a Hellcannon Misfire forcing all Mages to roll on Miscast Table would give you a very nice advantage to save your Wizards and harm your opponents.

In List B i would rather make the Warriors Khorne and the Chosen Tzeentch with Blasted Standard so they are more controllable and even tougher. And with the Extra roll on the EotG table they don't really need that extra Attack from beeing Frenzy. And think about dropping the Sword of Might for an enchanted Shield on your Mage. With Sword of Rhuin he couldn't use his Sword of Might either and having an 0+ Armour Save plus Regeneration would rock i think.

limkopi
04-02-2010, 23:31
Both good, though list B should have a puppet somewhere.

ChaosVC
05-02-2010, 00:51
I voted for List A because its a bit more versatile and has good defensive boosts. But still i would rather drop a unit of Marauder Horseman and the throwing Weapons to include a lvl 1 Wizard with Infernal Puppet. Gives you a bit more magic Defense and in case of a Hellcannon Misfire forcing all Mages to roll on Miscast Table would give you a very nice advantage to save your Wizards and harm your opponents.

In List B i would rather make the Warriors Khorne and the Chosen Tzeentch with Blasted Standard so they are more controllable and even tougher. And with the Extra roll on the EotG table they don't really need that extra Attack from beeing Frenzy. And think about dropping the Sword of Might for an enchanted Shield on your Mage. With Sword of Rhuin he couldn't use his Sword of Might either and having an 0+ Armour Save plus Regeneration would rock i think.

Very valid points, I suppose it is better to protect the chosens with the blasted banner and make them Tzeentch for control. You are right about the sword of might, but one thing about it is that you don't always dominate magic phase and the sword of Ruin may not get casted in time or got dispelled in the oponents magic phase by their power dice.

Yeah I think I should get infernal puppet, the problem is what should I drop? The dispell scrolls are a little too precious to lose.

Deroga
05-02-2010, 01:08
I voted for list A because of overall synergy as well. As far as an unmarked sorcerer lord, ive found that the basic lores are generally in no comparison vs pretty much any lore that WoC offers, especially tzeentch and slaanesh.

Combat sorcerer lords can be decent, but for points you might just be better off going with a fighter lord instead. Sure you can get flaming sword of ruin, but if your opponent aticipates it (easy to do with a fire caster lord), he can just wait for it to be cast and make sure to dispel it, leaving you with a 400 point chaos knight. You might know this, but spell familiar + book of secrets + lvl 4 doesnt mean youll know all spells in the lore of fire as pwer FAQ. For some reason they ruled that you can double up on spells through book of secrets, meaning most of the time youll still only know 5/6 spells in fire.

Chosen are good, but are awefully expensive with command. I have made several very, very successful lists with chosen, but almost always have to have 2 warshrines to make it worth it.

Artemis360
05-02-2010, 01:20
The magic setup in B is bad. You've taken spell familiar on the lord, I assume, in order to make sure you get gateway but then youve also taken the book of secrets which will make your miscasts horrible, plus you've got no infernal puppet. Your wizard lord could well be dead by turn 2.

The lord in list A is not bad at all, though acid ichor sucks, word of pain would probably help you a lot more. But why mark of nurgle on the knights? Its pitiful, any of the other three would serve you better and will probably be cheaper.

Deroga
05-02-2010, 01:40
The magic setup in B is bad. You've taken spell familiar on the lord, I assume, in order to make sure you get gateway but then youve also taken the book of secrets which will make your miscasts horrible, plus you've got no infernal puppet. Your wizard lord could well be dead by turn 2.

The lord in list A is not bad at all, though acid ichor sucks, word of pain would probably help you a lot more. But why mark of nurgle on the knights? Its pitiful, any of the other three would serve you better and will probably be cheaper.

i beleive he is not taking any mark on the sorcerer lord.

ChaosVC
05-02-2010, 01:43
So book of secrets doesn't allow you to know all 6 spells? Need some confirmation on that.

Yep I am aware of the risk with book of secrets, perhaps I should drop it but the extra spell and power dice at 25pts is a bit tempting. I guess making a combat sorcerer is a bit too high risk. 400pts chaos knights is quite a funny description too, kinda what it will be when the oponent dispell his sword of ruin.

Acid Ichor is an experiment, I am aware of the much better word of pain but I never use acid Ichor before, we shall see what happen in my next game.

Deroga
05-02-2010, 01:46
If a Sorcerer or Sorcerer Lord purchases the
Book of Secrets and chooses the same lore for
both the Book and their own spells, would this
allow them to have a duplicate of a spell? If so
could the Sorcerer cast the spell twice in one
phase?
A. Yes, that seems acceptable.

warriors of chaos FAQ on GW site.

Deroga
05-02-2010, 01:55
So book of secrets doesn't allow you to know all 6 spells? Need some confirmation on that.

Yep I am aware of the risk with book of secrets, perhaps I should drop it but the extra spell and power dice at 25pts is a bit tempting. I guess making a combat sorcerer is a bit too high risk. 400pts chaos knights is quite a funny description too, kinda what it will be when the oponent dispell his sword of ruin.

Acid Ichor is an experiment, I am aware of the much better word of pain but I never use acid Ichor before, we shall see what happen in my next game.

i take book of secrets on my lvl 4 sorc, and it generally isnt a problem...With Infernal Puppet. At least with puppet youll never auto pop him ><. w/o puppet it is a big risk, though i agree the extra power dice is huge.

ChaosVC
05-02-2010, 02:55
Probably going to redo my lvl 4 wizard, droping spell familiar for puppet. Thanks guys.

Narcissus
05-02-2010, 04:18
I think if you spend so many points on a powerful casting lord that it makes sense to try and keep him out of combat and casting the whole game. A souped up level 4 can kill lots in a turn with magic. In combat you can kill 5 goblins if you are lucky...

It is tempting as the sorcerers have decent stats. A level 3 fighting sorcerer might make sense for the 2 dispel dice.

In list B for the price of the fighty items and not-so-useful items you could buy and exalted and pop him onto a chaos steed. Give him a flail. 4 S7 attacks plus his horse. Better than your fighty sorcerer lord, less points, but easier to kill.

ChaosVC
05-02-2010, 04:39
One of the reason of my design for List B was mostly because I was inspired by the success of my tourny High elve list where my prince have gem and hoeth and staff of saphery to give him sword of Ruin.

So I am testing out the chaos version, have to agree with you all, the caster price is a little steep but unlike my High elf list, the chaos sorcerer can generate enough powerdice to get the sword for himself while blasting the crap out of the "badies".

I do agree that a Exalted would be better and the Sorcerer is too expensive to risk combat, but it would be fun to pull it off. I am still thinking how I should reconfigure the lvl wizard for that purpose.

Good advice guys, keep it coming.

Deroga
05-02-2010, 04:56
I think if you spend so many points on a powerful casting lord that it makes sense to try and keep him out of combat and casting the whole game. A souped up level 4 can kill lots in a turn with magic. In combat you can kill 5 goblins if you are lucky...

It is tempting as the sorcerers have decent stats. A level 3 fighting sorcerer might make sense for the 2 dispel dice.

In list B for the price of the fighty items and not-so-useful items you could buy and exalted and pop him onto a chaos steed. Give him a flail. 4 S7 attacks plus his horse. Better than your fighty sorcerer lord, less points, but easier to kill.

I havnt tried it, but have heard others say that a lvl 4 nurgle lord souped up as a fighter can work very well, since almost all his strong spells can be cast into combat (give himself regen, curse the enemy as a leper, or rot glorious rot.

Lvl 4 Sorcerer of Nurgle
Chaos Demon Sword
Enchant Shield
Barded Steed.

Get an average of 6 str 6 attacks and can cast regen on himself to help shield against 1's to hit, giving him a 0+ and regen if successfully cast. Other wise rot all enemies in 18" and/or leper who he is fighting. Again, not sure if it will work out right, but has potential. If you're feeling feisty you can mount him on a dragon too, as regen will significantly help the dragons survivability and give you another 6 str 6 attacks along with flame breaths.

ChaosVC
05-02-2010, 06:16
Sounds fun.

More ideas will be appreicated.