PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Horde (only core units)

Bladelord
04-02-2010, 11:16
Lords & Heroes
lvl.4 Sorcerer Lord, MoN, Enchanted Shield, Power Familiar, Bloodskull Pendant.
375pts.
lvl.2 Sorcerer, MoN, Chaos Steed, Chaos Runesword.
206pts.
lvl.2 Sorcerer, MoT, Disc, Bloodcurling Roar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Warrior Familiar.
225pts.
Exalted Hero, BSB, shield, Chaos Steed, Banner of the Gods.
281pts.
Total: 1087pts.

Core Units
26 Marauders, MoT, FC.
144pts.
26 Marauders, MoT, FC.
144pts.
25 Marauders, MoS, light armour, shields, FC.
180pts.
10 Marauders, MoK, great weapons.
80pts.
10 Marauders, MoK, great weapons.
80pts.
5 Marauder Horsemen, throwing axes, musician.
96pts.
5 Marauder Horsemen, throwing axes, musician.
96pts.
7 Marauder Horsemen, MoK, flails, musician.
141pts.
7 Marauder Horsemen, MoK, flails, musician.
141pts.
5 Warhounds.
30pts.
5 Warhounds.
30pts.
Total: 1162pts.

Total: 2249pts.

BSB form the main centre of the army surrounded by the 3 Marauder blocks, who has 1 Sorcerer in each (Nurgle Marauders with lord).

So what do you think?:)

Jind_Singh
05-02-2010, 03:19
way too heavy on foot sloggers - I'd have personally taken a few more warhound units myself and maybe a little bit more horseman.
Any reason why these warriors from the frozen norths are not taking any monstors like trolls, dragon ogres, war shrines, etc?
I can see the reason for zero chaos warriors, but just curious to see why no other chaos units.
also, weres Wulfrik! Its a marader army and he's amazing looking?!

ChaosVC
05-02-2010, 07:12
Too many characters IMO, drop a wizard, you can have about 10 powerdice even if you take Wiz 4 & 2, without even count blood of Tzeentch or Conjourned.

Personnally I would take a Fighty lord for leadership since you are using a 90% mauarder army. you can also squeezed in a unit of warriors or hellcanno to make it more solid.

Rosstifer
05-02-2010, 07:26
Yeah plus if you drop a Wizard you will have INSANE awesome comp score should you take it to a tourney.

Bladelord
05-02-2010, 08:12
Ok thanks for the replies. The reason why I didn't include the awesome looking Wulfrik: None I play against accept special characters:(. This is all core so no hellcannon/trolls/Ogres:).

So it sounds you want me to drop 1 wizard & maybe replace it with a more combat oriented choise. What of my 3 wizards should I drop? I love the 2xSnipers & my Tzeentchian sorc are the only flying unit in the army.

zanzibar
05-02-2010, 11:54
I both like your idea and appreciate your level of commitment to it=), however i reckon you need more hounds or marauder horsemen (perhaps hounds as they are half the points, so double the numbers) if you have so many M4, you MUST have some M7 or M8, to eliminate or at least distract, warmachines, anything that flanks, other fast cavalry, other regular cavalry. If your flanks get destroyed, your LD7 army will collapse (personal experience).

EDIT: definatley more hounds, as i see you have quite a few horsemen, and try a slaanesh mark blitz instead of command options. Also if u have 20+ marauders in one unit its just as cheap to give them 6+ ward save as light armour or shields which suffer from armour piercing and strength modifiers

Slayerthane
05-02-2010, 16:10
I know you said only core, but what about some chariots? You need some hammer units even if not any knights. You could mount some characters in chariots, and this would solve the issue, unless of course you don't think this is an issue. Just my thoughts.

Awilla the Hun
05-02-2010, 16:25
Hooray! Someone else who likes playing with the army's weakest infantry units possible!

I agree with the others. Take a Lord for leadership purposes. Marauder basic leadership may not be quite as bad as Red Guard leadership, but human infantry still has an alarming habit of running. And the incredible killiness that Chaos Lords are known to have will also be doubtless helpful.