PDA

View Full Version : WoC BSB build

Demrog
04-02-2010, 16:42
How would you equip a BSB for WoC?

I know the standard builds for Dwarfs but the WoC are new to me and I haven't had chance to playtest anything just yet.

The only caveat is that he must be mounted as he will be with an all mounted list at 2250.

Witchblade
04-02-2010, 17:09
There are many good builds, but nearly all are along the lines of:

MoT BSB, Disc, Armour of Morrslieb, Flail, [other goody like bloodcurdling roar]

MoK BSB, Jugger, Enchanted shield, sword of might

Jack of Blades
04-02-2010, 17:27
For sheer hittyness, I like this. It's most optimal against loads of low toughness stuff that may or may not have good armour saves.

Exalted Hero - 284 points
Flail
Shield
Battle Standard Bearer
Festering Shroud
Mark of Khorne
Chariot

On the charge, this puts out 4 S7 attacks, 4 S4 attacks and 3 S5 attacks along with D6+1 impact hits. That's a total average of 15-16 attacks on the charge plus every model in base contact with you before combat even starts has to pass a toughness test or lose a wound with no armour saves allowed. If you want to you can give him Soporific Musk so that stuff pretty much hold or die when charged by him.

tarrym
04-02-2010, 18:20
I've only just started using a BSB, but personally I've found this to be a useful combination:

Exalted Hero
BSB
Mark of Slaanesh (themed army)
Shield
Berzerker Sword (+1 Attack for every model in B2B)

Mount this guy on a barded steed and you'll be dishing out around 6-7 S5 attacks per turn. Although admitedly you don't want many high S things attacking back.

Malorian
04-02-2010, 18:54
MoK BSB, Jugger, Enchanted shield, sword of might

Blackjack uses one like this (I think he saved points by dropping the magical gear for a flail) and it works very well.

nzdarkelf
04-02-2010, 22:23
Blackjack uses one like this (I think he saved points by dropping the magical gear for a flail) and it works very well.

Yes still a very good combo, and as he has no magic items its a good time to take Fury of the Blood God for MR(2) and 4+ ward vs spells.

-Epimetheus-
04-02-2010, 23:09
What do you think of putting him on a Barded Steed, with a Shield, Mark of Nurgle, and the Rod of Torment?

I'm asking because that's my plan.....

Havock
05-02-2010, 02:04
Exalted BSB
Mark of Tzeentch
Shield, flail, barded chaos steed.
Gift: Fury of the blood god or item: collar of Khorne

Budget BSB that I still want to try out someday.

Roark
05-02-2010, 02:38
This guy can kill units by himself, or provide +2 SCR to another unit:

Exalted Hero
- Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, BSB, Warbanner, flail, shield, Soporific Musk

He needs a bit of babysitting with Hounds, though, to make sure he doesn't charge off after the wrong unit. Sometimes I'll put the Rapturous Standard on him, and then he can do what he likes and he'll be pretty hard to rout. Lots of fun. Remember, Soporific Musk works against all fleeing units, not just those that break after combat.

This guy is a more reliable option. He's not frenzied, but still ITP. He's also very well protected and buffs any unit he joins with his magic resistance:

Exalted Hero
- BSB, Mark of Tzeentch, Collar of Khorne, Barded Steed, flail, shield, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Favour of the Gods, Soporific Musk

Maltor
05-02-2010, 04:56
Exalted, Tzeentch, Disc, Banner of the Gods, Flail.

Of course, I tend to play a marauder based army so I enjoy the stubborn flying terror causer.

Rosstifer
05-02-2010, 05:06
I've only just started using a BSB, but personally I've found this to be a useful combination:

Exalted Hero
BSB
Mark of Slaanesh (themed army)
Shield
Berzerker Sword (+1 Attack for every model in B2B)

Mount this guy on a barded steed and you'll be dishing out around 6-7 S5 attacks per turn. Although admitedly you don't want many high S things attacking back.

Bezerker Sword is only for models on foot.

sulla
05-02-2010, 05:33
Mok

Jugger, flail, shield. (chariot/steam tank smashing or 0+ save).

Anything. Bronze armour is good on this guy, but so is the -1Ld banner, especially in a magic/hellcannon army. He's just about tough enout to be able to risk no ward/regen etc.

Azethel
05-02-2010, 06:13
MOT, disc, Sword of might, Tali prot, ench shield. Goes fine on a daemon steed too, or on a steed and drop the ench shield for a regular one and give him bronze armour.

I also like bsb, warbanner, shield, flail/halberd. Mount him and mark him however you like.

AMWOOD co
05-02-2010, 06:15
On foot, great weapon, shield, Mark of Tzeentch, Banner of the Gods, accompanying 25 Marauders of Slaanesh with light armour and shield and near another such unit and a unit of Warriors of Slaanesh. He makes the Anvil for my Hammer and can kill great things. Also, I don't have a mounted model for a battle standard, but I doubt I'd use one anyway.

Remember, even in Chaos the characters can't do all the work on their own.

ginneskrik
05-02-2010, 06:42
I always bring the khorne, jugger, shield, runsword, BSB and stick it in a unit of khorne knights of 5 with std and mus.

Is a gamewinner most of the time.

Deroga
05-02-2010, 07:51
What do you think of putting him on a Barded Steed, with a Shield, Mark of Nurgle, and the Rod of Torment?

This depends if you intend to get him in combat or not. If you do, and i assume you would, then Rod of Torment isnt a good choice since it is a magic missle and cant be cast unless you keep your fighting bsb out :(

Harwammer
05-02-2010, 08:09
Chaos steed, flail, shield, fury of the blood god. Given any mark if points are spare.

Avian
05-02-2010, 09:37
I have two setups I like, both for Tzeentch guys on Disc:

- Sword of Might (great to have mobile magical attacks against quite a few armies and being S6 every round with a 2+ armour save)
- Shield (always get a shield on anything with chaos armour)
- Bronze Armour (great against Assassins, Skinks and for charging Terror-causers)
- Talisman of Protection (nice enough when it stacks with your Mark)

alternatively

- Halberd (I prefer being S6 in every round to being S7 in the first and S5 in later ones)
- Shield (see above)
- Armour of Morrslieb (useless against Daemons and most Dwarf war machines, but nice over all, shame it limits your other items)
- Necrotic Phylactery (nice against Skaven Censer Bearers, Skinks and other Chaos guys with Buboes)

I don't bother with ranged gifts for my BSB, he tends to rarely get a chance to use them.

EndlessBug
05-02-2010, 10:44

I do this, but with MoS and a steed of Slaanesh. Bloodcurdling roar works well as well due to fast cav from the steed.

Only used it a few times, but works well.

Althwen
05-02-2010, 10:54
My two favorite setups:

BSB
MoT
Disc
flail + shield
armour of Morsslieb / eye of tzeentch (armour does well vs normal shooting, but you need the eye vs Skaven)

The above is cheap, and still well-equipped. I'll use him for threatening other characters and chariots or black coaches.

BSB
MoK
Juggernaut
Shield
Runesword

This guy can charge a medium sized unit and come out victorious in 1 to 2 combat phases. He's been known to take a charge from a unit of 6 Dragon Princes and see them off in 1 turn as well as charging a unit of zombies + vampire and chewing through them in 3 combat phases all by himself.

selone
05-02-2010, 11:20
Thanks for all the posts folks, thinking about doing a BSB myself :)

I'm tempted by the cheapo BSB, MoT disc, chaos armour, shield, flail (I like S7 + shield then S5 + shield) fury of the blood god. Hitty, provides BSB benefit and has the MR I need to stop them pesky magic missiles !

Avian
05-02-2010, 11:35
(I like S7 + shield then S5 + shield)
Eh? You can't use a flail and a shield at the same time.

GenerationTerrorist
05-02-2010, 17:24
MoT, Disc, Halberd, Enchanted Shield, Collar of Khorne

Poseidal
05-02-2010, 18:20
The disc one is pretty good I hear.

However, I run mine on a Chaos steed, Tzentch marked with the Collar of Khorne, Sword of Might and shield (sometimes Favour if I have he points spare). He gets a 1+ save used with his S6 and the MR2 helps any unit he joins.

selone
05-02-2010, 19:10
Eh? You can't use a flail and a shield at the same time.

You can't? Ooooooooops There is no blushing emote here so you will just have to imagine it.