PDA

View Full Version : 2k 7th ed beasts: too boring?

Harwammer
04-02-2010, 18:55
Hey guys, just written a list for the new beasts book, I'm a little worried it will be a bit boring for my opponents to play so would like feedback. I anticipate the majority of games will be against orcs, lizards and the occasional high elves.

Beastlord w/ regen armour on razorgor chariot

Shaman scroll caddy

2x10 gors (1 for ambush, obviously)
2x5 ungor raiders (1 for ambush, obviously)
4x5 hounds
2x tuskgor chariots

4x3 minotaurs (great weapon (maybe 2x3 xhw, 2x3 GW for variation?)

cygor

This comes to 2k points with a couple of points left to spoil the beast lord.

The cygor will be defensive, softening difficult targets and boosting magic defence. The general is tasked with preventing minotaurs and friends from running prematurely.

Hounds control movement, ambushers harass whilst chariots and minotaurs combo charge to victory (bloodgreed helps wins accumulate and chariots pursue 3d6).

So this is a pretty basic 'in your face' army. I'm worried it may boil down to me just rushing forwards in a do or die fashion, resulting in a boring game for my opponent.

Suggestions welcomed :)

Malorian
04-02-2010, 21:56
Looks fun to me :)

A minotaur army supported by a good number of throw-away unit is very dangerous.

Harwammer
05-02-2010, 08:11
Thanks for the reassurance mal, I suppose I just don't want to be playing the offensive equivalent to the great wall of nurgle.

stiltjet
05-02-2010, 15:18
Nice army.
Could be fun to play against, I think, if I managed to put together an army of aproximately the same power level.
You could get some other troops for some variety later, if you or your opponents get tired of this list.
But I think it looks very promising, balanced and fun to play against.