PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a new player? Chaos warriors.

Tingebert
04-02-2010, 23:26
I am going to field a Warriors of chaos army devoted to none other than the lord of skulls - Khrone. I am looking for advice/links/anything. Especcially as I am new to Fantasy in the gaming area of things.

-Tingebert.

BigbyWolf
05-02-2010, 19:49
Buy lots of red paint...;)

The best place to start is with a battalion or two (assuming you don't have a good selection of models), and the Juggernaut hero. GW have plenty of non-mounted Khorne hero's as well.

Since they lost the extra DD per mark you may have to succumb and by a caddy, although if you definitely want to go mono-Khorne there are a few options for Magic Resistance- e.g. mounting Exalteds on Juggernauts for MR1,taking the gift that gives MR2 (Fury of the Blood God), and the Collar of Khorne (MR2). Scylla might be a useful addition as he has MR3 and is fairly handy in a fight.

Finally- take lots of Warhounds, there's nothing worse then having an entirely frenzied army being dragged around by eagles/ fast cav etc.

-Epimetheus-
05-02-2010, 20:21
The Spearhead would give you a lot of models for conversions as well. It could be a very useful pickup. And you would get that shiny jugger!

Blueskies
06-02-2010, 01:37
You will probably need a scroll caddy, so don't think you can get away without one. You can get MR on the importatnt units, so that helps a fair bit, especially against people who like to use bound spells. Don't mark everything khorne, firstly its very expensive and secondly you don't want your whole army baitable. Get a hell cannon, you will need it if you are playing khrone, as you will lack dimensionality tactically. You will need screens, hounds are cheap but take non-marked light cav to bait/warmachine hunt aswell.

Mindshred
07-02-2010, 16:54
You will probably need a scroll caddy, so don't think you can get away without one.

I think that's a very reasonable piece of advice.

Our local Khorne player did his scroll caddies as crucified wizards carried into battle by his warriors. It looks neat without being too un-fluffy. :)

Poseidal
07-02-2010, 21:15
Or you could go for the 'Sorcerer of Khorne', by mounting him on a Khorne Chariot.

Dvnjhn
07-02-2010, 21:19
Or you could go for the 'Sorcerer of Khorne', by mounting him on a Khorne Chariot.

That is a very good way of getting a chaos sorcerer in a fluff based army. Congratulations, I have never seen this mentioned before.

Dvnjhn
07-02-2010, 21:29
Also I would take a few units of warhounds. These will be invaluable, screening your chaos warriors and stop them charging at the units your opponent will use to bait them.

I also like Chaos ogres, mok and an additional hand weapon. This will give your ogres five st 4 attacks, ideal for hitting weak armoured infantry in support of your chaos knights or infantry. Model wise, I would use the Ogre kingdom models for this.

Khorne chariots are great for just making your opponent crumble with fear.

Roark
08-02-2010, 04:27
I second what has been said about Khorne Chariots. They are absolutely filthy when they hit home.

BigbyWolf
08-02-2010, 15:21
Khorne chariots are great for just making your opponent crumble with fear.

Or great for baiting into woods, if you're not careful with it.