PDA

View Full Version : Monolith Power Matrix

The Ginger Ninja
05-02-2010, 11:37
Anyone else notice that the power matrix crystal on the monolith is weedier and not as cool looking as the one in the necron codex? :confused:

Spiney Norman
05-02-2010, 13:37
How so? I don't see a great deal of difference between the model and the codex pictures, which isn't that surprising since one is a photograph of the other.

bigcheese76
05-02-2010, 18:58
So far as I can tell they are exactly the same, arent they?
GW wouldnt bother making the actual kit you buy different to the one in the codex.

vampiricus
05-02-2010, 19:02
i gave mine a power matrix, kinda :) (yes their glowing) no im not trying to hijack. I personally dont see anything much different from the book to model either

The Ginger Ninja
05-02-2010, 20:58
Well here is the one in the necron codex
(Mr mods, please delete this if I am breaching forum rules)
And then my one
vampiricus's one is the same size as mine by the look of it, Compared to the Games workshop one, our ones look no where large. Maybe its a trick of the light, but their one also looks like its made of a different plastic and is not hollow

Geep
06-02-2010, 00:04
The story I heard was that the codex photos were taken before the models currently available to the public were released.

You can find a fair few minor differences between the models currently sold and what's shown in the codex- there's some kind of difference in the arms of the necron warriors and the way they hold their guns, if I remember correctly.

All of the green rods and the power matrix stone etc. shown in the codex were not GW made, or were at least not made in the same style as what is released (look at the translucence of the weapon rods compared to what's in the book).

You can find equivalent parts yourself by a quick search- there are lots of companies that sell rods of varying translucence and colour which can be used with necron weapons, and I'm sure you can find an appropriate crystal by asking around too.

vampiricus
06-02-2010, 01:22
i used an abrasive spray paint to give the stone look.

lowmanjason
01-03-2010, 18:29
i used an abrasive spray paint to give the stone look.

looks pretty cool!