PDA

View Full Version : Empire, 2000pts

Mozzamanx
06-02-2010, 15:45
Ello,

after playing a bit too much Medieval: Total War, I have a hankering for an Empire army with lots of Knights and blocks of infantry. I have borrowed a friend's army book and knocked up an initial draft, and would appreciate some comments on it.

Templar Grand Master- Sword of Justice

Warrior Priest- Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Warhorse
Warrior Priest- Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Warhorse
Battle Wizard- Rod of Power, Ring of Volans

Halberdiers- 21, Full Command
Swordsmen- 9
Halberdiers- 21, Full Command
Swordsmen- 9
Crossbowmen- 12, Musician
Handgunners- 6
Handgunners- 6
Crossbowmen- 12, Musician
Handgunners- 6
Handgunners- 6
Knightly Order- 7, Preceptor, Musician
Knightly Order- 7, Preceptor, Musician

Inner Circle Knights- 6, Full Command
Greatswords- 13, Champion, Musician
Greatswords- 13, Champion, Musician
Great Cannon

Helstorm Rocket Battery

1998pts

The basic plan was to form up a combat line with the Halberdiers at each end, and the Inner Circle at the centre. The Greatswords would be between the main blocks, while the Swordsmen would be at the extreme edges. One flank will be held by the 2 Knight units, while all the firepower is concentrated on the other end.

In an ideal situation, the Greatswords will hold an enemy unit in place by being Stubborn, long enough to get the Knights into the flanks.

What do you think for a first draft? There has to be some way to improve it, and any advice is welcome. There are just a couple of points I'd like to keep though:
- I really want either a Grand Master or General to lead it.
- I'd like to stick to the fluff and have more Halberdiers than Swordsmen.

Thanks.

Minigiant
06-02-2010, 19:38
Make the greatswords into 1 unit of 18 with combat detachment with the extra points either give the combat units archer skirmish screens or add more firepower maybe pistoliers

Dark_Knight
07-02-2010, 14:02
Minigiant has the right of it. I like the elements you put into your list though.