PDA

View Full Version : 'lizzymen' army 2000pts

angelusmortis1384
06-02-2010, 16:02
right been looking for a new army recently and after discarding the new beasts book i settled on lizards. here's my 2k list any pointers here would be great. it's southland themed as well so the less saurus the better.

Heroes:

Skink priest: Lv2, stegadon ancient w/engine of the gods, wardrum of xahutec, plaque of tepoc.

Skink Priest: Lv2, cloak of feathers, dispel scroll.

Skink Priest: Lv2, Diadem of power, dispel scroll.

Core:

Skink skirmishers: 10 strong

Special:

Stegadon x2

Kroxigor: 3 Strong
Kroxigor: 4 Strong

Rare:

Razordon hunting pack: 2xpacks, +2 handlers.

Army total: 2000pts. any hints people?

Minigiant
06-02-2010, 19:28
In an all skink army i do like the sotek skink on an engine, the Level 3 Equivalent lore of beasts is very strong

A skink chief will be nice just for some added punch

Id put the kroxigors in units of skinks only way they are anygood

angelusmortis1384
06-02-2010, 20:38
thanks for that, twas something i was considering :)

Slayerthane
07-02-2010, 01:16
Probably the most powerful build for a skink character strangely enough is Tehenhauin, who if mounted in a stegadon will have a 1+ Armor Save, 5+ Ward Save, and 3str5 attacks. Add to that the fact that he becomes a level 3 caster with an Engine of the Gods, and he becomes a must have for any skink army in my opinion. He also has leadership 8, which is the max that a Skink Chieftain with Steg Helm will have. With an engine he's not cheap at 540pts but still I think well worth the added punch in both magic and combat phases.

Shazarn
07-02-2010, 07:03
The only thing I think thats missing is something mounted on a terradon to hassle war machines, but looks really good otherwise.
Tehenhauin I think is a little expensive here, hes an extra 100 pts which would need to be found too

angelusmortis1384
07-02-2010, 12:50
from experience with skinks in the last edition, i found that they could deal with war machines enough on their own. but that might have just been the players 'jinxy' dice rolling lol ;)

angelusmortis1384
07-02-2010, 22:36
as a side note, which is more effective:

the two units of kroxigor i have.

one unit of kroxigor and one unit of terradons.

or two unites of terradons and no kroxigor?

Shazarn
08-02-2010, 03:26
I suppose the best way to look at that is to think how you will deploy and subsequently move the army. Lets say theres 1 piece of bigish terrain in each quarter. We have 3 Stagadons, 4 Skirmishers, 2 Kroxigors and 2 Razordons

Your probably looking at a solid line of Kroxigors, supported by the skirms and stegs from the flanks and rear respectively with the Razordons and priests dispersed where needed. This leads me to think that the 2 of Kroxigors is probably the better option as it gives your a solid line.

However, 2 units of skirms could be dropped to give you the terradons and make the 2nd unit of Kroxigors 4 strong (with a bit of meddling) if you want that option

angelusmortis1384
08-02-2010, 13:36
thanks, i think i'll stick with what ive got then. i was having moments of doubt again, as i do with every list.

i felt the kroxigors would be strong enough as line breakers with 3x S6 attacks, especially on the charge.

and the stegs can wittle down lines of troops as the skinks harass everything, with magic being a backup.