PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen BSBs

The SkaerKrow
06-02-2010, 17:31
Characters that can be Beastmen Battle Standard Bearers (Wargor and Gorebull) both have access to up to 50 points of Magic Items and Chaos Gifts. Making the character a Battle Standard Bearer and giving them a Magic Standard prevents them from taking any other Magic Items. However, the Chaos Gifts section of the book explicitly states that Chaos Gifts are not Magic Items. Therefore, would a Beastmen BSB still be allowed to take Chaos Gifts if carrying a Magic Standard? Would the cost of the Magic Standard still cut into their Magic Item/Chaos Gift limit?

This came up in our group last week, and I was hoping to get some outside opinions on it.

sulla
06-02-2010, 17:48
Pg85 Wargor entry; "Magic items anf Gifts or Chaos - Any up to a total of... 50pts"
Pg84 BSB entry; "A model who carries a magic banner cannot have any other magic items."
Pg91; "Note that Gifts of Chaos are not magic items,"

...seems pretty obvious. Of course they can have gifts and a magic banner.:)

Redvampire7
06-02-2010, 17:50
I don't have the book with me but I guess it would be like VC bloodlines and Chaos gifts. You can take your 50 points of gifts and a magic standard IMO.

The SkaerKrow
06-02-2010, 17:57
That's how we played it, but it wasn't a universal decision in our group.

narrativium
06-02-2010, 18:16
What was the reasoning of those who disagreed with that ruling? (Which seems, to me, to be pretty unambiguous.)

Bac5665
06-02-2010, 18:28
Seems pretty clear that magic banners don't affect gift taking. Has this come up with WoC characters? Can't remember this question coming up...

Shamutanti
06-02-2010, 20:09
It's the same as Sprites + BSB for Welfs.

stripsteak
06-02-2010, 22:19
yeah same with a lot of stuff...skaven skavenge pile, wood elves sprites, vampire and vampiric powers, bretonnian virtues... it's not like it's something unprecedented.

Elazar The Glorified
07-02-2010, 07:48
Seems pretty clear that magic banners don't affect gift taking. Has this come up with WoC characters? Can't remember this question coming up...

I can't see why they wouldn't be allowed to the wording certainly doesn't imply they can't. It didn't come up with WoC because their gifts came from a separate allowance that wasn't affected by the magic items you took.

EldarBishop
07-02-2010, 16:19
... and Brets BSB with a magic std and a virtue...