PDA

View Full Version : does THE BEAST COWERS affect greater deamons

meanmachine
06-02-2010, 20:08
can the beast cowers stop a bloodthirster or loc moving

Nurgling Chieftain
06-02-2010, 20:11
No. This is addressed in the FAQ; they are characters (albeit monstrous characters), not monsters per se.

Eric.Miller
06-02-2010, 20:28
Even though the rules for Greater Daemons specifically says:

It should be noted that while Greater Daemons and Daemon Princes are characters, THEY ARE ALSO MONSTERS, as defined by the game, and therefore may never join units.

But yeah, other than that, they're totally not monsters. Way to go understanding your own rules GW.

God I hope these FAQs get wiped soon. Roll on 8th edition!

I would allow players to cast Beast Cowers on my Greater Daemons. This FAQ is in the realm of obviously, stupidly, insanely, factually incorrect.

Rules before FAQ.

sulla
07-02-2010, 18:08
No. This is addressed in the FAQ; they are characters (albeit monstrous characters), not monsters per se.The rules in the DoC book are perfectly clear that GDs are in fact monsters (as defined by the game :rolleyes:). If there's no grey area in the rules, why would you ever look to the FAQ for help. The issue can be resolve with the BRB and the DoC books.

Dutch_Digger
07-02-2010, 22:12
If im not mistaken, the rule Nurgling chief refers to, is only stated in dire wolf and not in the actual FAQ's.

That would make Miller's quote the only actual rule. But where did you get the quote Eric?, it doesnt seem to be in the greater daemon section..

Kalandros
07-02-2010, 23:25
Its in a text box that looks more like a fluff text but its actually a rule text. They like making clear things hard to find.

stripsteak
07-02-2010, 23:39
If im not mistaken, the rule Nurgling chief refers to, is only stated in dire wolf and not in the actual FAQ's.

no it's from GW FAQ 2
Q. If a Character is also a Monster (e.g. Greater
Daemons, Treeman Ancients, Shaggoth
Champions), is it affected by magic items (e.g.
Rune of the True Beast) and spells (e.g. The Beast
Cowers) that are stated as working against
‘Monsters’?
A. No, they are characters and not monsters, even
though they share some rules with monsters
(normally this is limited to the way they move and
their inability to join units).