PDA

View Full Version : HE. 2250, Will it hold?

riotknight
07-02-2010, 04:18
2250 Pts - High Elves Roster

Archmage (1#, 360 pts)
. . . . 1 Jewel of the Dusk
. . . . 1 Loremaster's Cloak
. . . . 1 Folariath's Robe

Noble (2#, 185 pts)
. . . . 1 Great Eagle (Flyer)
. . . . 1 Reaver Bow
. . . . 1 Enchanted Shield

Mage (1#, 185 pts)
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . . . 1 Silver Wand

Noble (1#, 184 pts)
. . (Battle Standard Bearer)
. . . . 1 Elven Steed (barding, Shield)
. . . . 1 Star Lance
. . . . 1 The Gem of Courage

Archers (10#, 110 pts)

Spearmen (17#, 168 pts)
FC

Dragon Princes (6#, 270 pts)
. . . . 1 Drakemaster (Hand Weapon; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield)
. . . . . . 1 Dragonhorn
. . . . 1 Banner of Ellyrion

Phoenix Guard (15#, 305 pts)
. . . . 1 Keeper of the Flame
. . . . 1 Banner of Sorcery

Lion Chariot of Chrace (5#, 140 pts)
. . . . 2 Crew
. . . . 2 War Lions (Causes Fear)

Ellyrian Reavers (5#, 92 pts)
. . Mus.
. . . . 5 Elven Steed

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100 pts)
. . . . 2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100 pts)
. . . . 2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Great Eagle (1#, 50 pts)

Total Roster Cost: 2249

Phaedron2
11-02-2010, 17:28
Your archmage is close to what I run for mine, I just switch out the Loremasters cloak for the Talisman of Saphery so my archmage is basically unkillable. I love your first noble, love the build to pieces. Not much to say about your second mage, but would seerstaff and a dispel scroll work better for him? I've never cared for the Star lance simply because a) it requires the charge and b) it would have a -4 save mod so the ignore armour is somewhat overkill but you pay for it. Perhaps you could switch it out for the Helm of Fortune and a regular lance.

I always see so many high elf armies with archers in core, maybe i'm missing something but personally I find them as effective and a threatning as a wiffle bat. I'm getting much more success out of 21 strong spearmen unites deployed 7x3. but hey if archers work for you keep it up.

If it where me I would drop the champion from the dragon princes as well as one model so that they would be 6 wide with the BSB. the phoenix guard units quite good as are the two chariots and the reaver knights

All in all I would try to get two big units of spears for your battle line and shave some points here and there, but overall its good.

Cheers

D'Haran
11-02-2010, 20:14
It can hold. That being said I agree with Phae about the star lance and the archers, you may consider dropping the fast cav for a second eagle as well giving you a few extra points to go after more spearmen.

I like the army, it's very balanced and should do well against most lists.

Jayhutch
13-02-2010, 04:57
using the noble on a great Eagle is a great way to hunt wizards and War machines.. plus good flanker