PDA

View Full Version : The Rotting Rats (2250)

metalz05
07-02-2010, 17:51
My aim was to create a all pestilence list that is competitive in tourneys. I am new to warhammer as i have come from 40k. i would love all feedback. thank for your time.

1 Lord Skrolk @ 470 pts

1 Plague Priest @ 149 pts (Plague Censer)
. . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . 1 Tail Weapon

1 Plague Priest @ 151 pts (Plague Censer)
. . 1 Staff of Sorcery

1 Plague Priest @ 316 pts (Plague Censer)
. . 1 Plague Furnace
. . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . 1 Dispel Scroll

29 Plague Monks @ 243 pts (Full Command)
. . 1 Banner of the Under-Empire

29 Plague Monks @ 218 pts (Full Command)

29 Plague Monks @ 218 pts (Full Command)

30 Plague Monks @ 225 pts (Full Command)

10 Plague Censer Bearers @ 160 pts

1 Plagueclaw Catapult @ 100 pts

Total Roster Cost: 2250

Feefait
07-02-2010, 18:41
I would cut your PCB's either to 2 5 man squads or down to 7 or 8 max. I generally don't go any higher. You also dont have much that is hitting hard. I would drop a unit of monks for clanrats with a weapon team. Poisoned Wind Mortar would fit best and hit hard. The catapult is really, really cool. BUT you are going with massed infantry incombat which means by turn 2 or 3 you won't be firing it. And if you do you'll be hitting yourself a lot, and it will hurt.

I love the Catapult, but find more often than not it ends up being a bit useless. It's not a bad 100 pts though.

The one thing you don't want to forget is Skaven are designed around clanrats. So taking a unit or two will not necessarily make your army un-themed. All clans are made primarily of them.

With all yolur frenzy and hatred too you are going to be baited and led around the table, losing your oh so necessary ranks when you are flanked. Then you lose combat, and if you don't run you lose the frenzy. I a unit of clanrats could help to control that.

Just my thoughts though. I love Pestilence and my army has always been themed around them. Just be careful - your army only does one thing right now and if you lose that you're toast.