PDA

View Full Version : Red Scorpions?

Bathawk
09-02-2010, 00:30
Didn't know if they were updated during the siege of vraks at all. A lot of the things I saw in IA: 4 didn't make sense to my fifth edition eyes (terminator apothecary? nothing like that on forge worlds's site, and what are terminator honours anyway?)

Mannimarco
09-02-2010, 00:39
I dont think they were updated in the vraks books, Ill look it up when I get my books back, your going to have to convert your termy apothecary (get a dark angel vets hood clip a chainfist down and convert an old style demo charge as your apothecarys gear)

the red scorpions allow you to turn your vetran sargeants into apothecaries, its not as broken as it sounds but it does open up a new style of marine army (marines need more variety anyway IMHO)

Bathawk
09-02-2010, 02:33
What about "Terminator Honors"?

MadHatter
09-02-2010, 03:45
i would love to face off against a red scorpion force on the table.

pies
09-02-2010, 03:52
"terminator honors" was a old codex upgrade which gave the sergeant and extra attack and access to the armory.

I think that's what it did anyway.

TheWarSmith
09-02-2010, 06:04
"terminator honors" was a old codex upgrade which gave the sergeant and extra attack and access to the armory.

I think that's what it did anyway.

That's correct.

Col. Dash
09-02-2010, 12:59
Currently the only thing that applies to the new rules of the codex is the upgrade of veteran sgts to apothecaries. I believe its only in tactical squads. Vraks 2 has the latest rules info and its only like a quarter page box. I dont recall anything about termy apoths.
They also have two of the old traits from the trait system which obviously dont apply anymore. One was the one against scouts and I think you could only have one scout squad in your force and they could not infiltrate. The other does not allow you to take any allies at all.
Not too bad over all.

Petay1985
09-02-2010, 14:15
Col. Dash is almost correct, the traits stated for the Red Scorpions army in the forgeworld Imperial Armour 6, The Seige of Vraks Part 2 do still apply in 5th edition even whe in use with the space marines codex.

Rules wise for Red Scorpions, the apothecaries have only been upgrades for tactical squads, not termiantors or any others above adn beyond the standard codex. However it should be noted that there are termaintor Apothecaries in the background/fluff. hope that helps.

Bathawk
09-02-2010, 23:44
actualy the first scenario in Amphelion Project has a terminator squad stating "Apothecary Rael in terminator armour with storm bolter, power sword, narthecium, redcuctor, and auspex"

Petay1985
01-03-2010, 10:01
actualy the first scenario in Amphelion Project has a terminator squad stating "Apothecary Rael in terminator armour with storm bolter, power sword, narthecium, redcuctor, and auspex"

It should also be noted that the pre-scribed force scenarios in the Imperial Armour books do not balance on points, nad to be honest within them Points are an irrelevance, they are more about re-living the story and seeing how well you can do. Warick Kindrad says this in the intro to one of the books (possibly Imperial Armour 2) and has certainly re-itterated this at open-days / games days.

With regard to tha actual game of Games Workshop 40k, a Red Scorpions army does not have any rules that allow for the taking of a termiantor apothecary.
A possible way around this would be to use the Dark Angels codex and run a deathwind squad with belial, thus giving you access to an apothecay in termiantor armour. However you would then forefit the ability to take them in tactical squads!

hope that helps :)

Baragash
01-03-2010, 11:10
The Red Scorpions entry in IA6 is a 5th Edition entry.

Petay1985
01-03-2010, 13:43
The Red Scorpions entry in IA6 is a 5th Edition entry.

Completely correct, and it still carries with it the 4th edition traits, thus making them applicable to the Red Scorpions (and by extension the space marines codex) in 5th edition.

So if one chooses to have apothecaries as their tactical squad sergeants, as per the IA6 rules, they are also forced to only take 0-1 scout squad, etc.... and the scout and infiltrate rules will not apply in their armym, as per the IA6 rules.

Baragash
01-03-2010, 19:02
Scout squads aren't limited, but the rest is as you say.