PDA

View Full Version : Woe is me...

wazatdingder
10-02-2010, 01:30
At the moment I am on a mission of desperation, I am trying to rebuild my LR Crusader. I originally bought this to loot for my orks when it was first released. At the time, I could use it with my orks, but over the years it has been converted over to a Battle Wagon, retaining the LR body but losing the Crusader bits.

I have recently decided to add a crusader to my Wolves and begun to dig out my bits to put on an unused LR. I have found all the bits except 1 of the frag launchers/armor plate bits. This is one of the old ones that are metal so I thought it would be easy to find, and I know I have seen it around. :mad:

Alas, I cannot find it and am forced to dump ALL my bits boxes on the table and sort through them piece by piece. As I have been playing 10+ years I assure you I am in no short supply of bits.:eek:

Anyway, I was just taking a break for sanity and felt like sharing my story of woe in hopes that you may decide to share some of your own similar misfortunes therefore allowing me to laugh at other and feel better about my own shortcomings. :D

Vepr
10-02-2010, 01:34
I have the metal LR crusader conversion bits sitting in my gaming room. I bought them and then heard what a nightmare they were to put together so they remain in a baggy waiting for me to remember the next swap meet. :p

wazatdingder
10-02-2010, 01:34
Also, feel free to place bets on where I will find my bit.
I'll keep you updated.

megatrons2nd
10-02-2010, 01:39
I bet it will be in the last place you look.

Cromwell Haarlock-Leth
10-02-2010, 01:44
Have you ever heard about Murphy's Law?
Try to ape the law: check at once where there's absolutely no chance for this bit to be.
Normally, you'll find it immediately.
But be careful: normally, "no one apes the Law".

madd0ct0r
10-02-2010, 02:10
Look for something else.

Stops the eye going blind to the bit you really want.

Vepr
10-02-2010, 02:13
You could always say a prayer to the emperor for divine bit guidance. ;)

Reflex
10-02-2010, 02:45
i bought 8000pts of necrons... then 5th edition came out.

wazatdingder
10-02-2010, 03:00
Have you ever heard about Murphy's Law?
Try to ape the law: check at once where there's absolutely no chance for this bit to be.
Normally, you'll find it immediately.
But be careful: normally, "no one apes the Law".

As I went through my boxes the first time I thought, "there is no way it's in my Guard/Necromunda box."
:rolleyes:

MajorWesJanson
10-02-2010, 03:04
My LRC got to the assembly of hurricane bolters stage before I relized it was not worth it. When I got a FW Pre-Heresy Land Raider, It came with extra sponsons, so my old LRC became another Godhammer LR. I still have the partially assembled Hurricane Bolters in my bitz box.

Tourniquet
10-02-2010, 06:35
Those metal bits were terrible.
I still have a old LR lying around my bits box in need of stripping (the hull) and assembling

genestealer_baldric
10-02-2010, 10:20

As lee evan said "of course it is, if you found it you would stop looking"

Deftoneus
10-02-2010, 13:03
i bought 8000pts of necrons... then 5th edition came out.

That one hurts.

Chem-Dog
10-02-2010, 13:10

Well yeah....Who carries on looking for something AFTER they've found it?! :eyebrows:

Lordsaradain
10-02-2010, 14:32
Well yeah....Who carries on looking for something AFTER they've found it?! :eyebrows:

Hehehe, true. :)

This happends to me all the time, I live in a 20 m2 appartment, and I still manage to misplace my keys several times a week. :P

Archangel_Ruined
10-02-2010, 15:04
I've given up on ever trying to find any specific piece from my bitz boxes. If I'm converting with something in mind I tend to order bits these days (it keeps things uniform and easy), or I'll just mooch through one of the boxes for ideas. I feel your pain though, I'm not sure exactly where all of my various boxes of bits are right now, let alone where my graviton/plasma guns from space crusade are (I had an idea about using a graviton gun as a techy alternative to a lash of submission, and yes, I realise it wont make me popular...). I refuse to go looking for them though, I am ill and I need rest. It's also best if I don't cover the house in bits of sprue and toy soldiers, a sick man can't afford to go squandering that kind of sympathy just because he's left spikey plastic shavings everywhere. Another thing, has anyone seen my hole punch?

Urza
10-02-2010, 15:24

genestealer_baldric, Chem-Dog, may I introduce you to subtle sarcasm :)

Lyinar
10-02-2010, 15:29
I bet that it will turn up when you're searching for something else, in a place you've already looked.

Doppleskanger
10-02-2010, 16:12
I once dropped a DA terminator shoulder pad. I mean I was sitting on the table putting them together. I was filling the piece it fell out of my hand, pinged off the lino and was never seen again. Me and my house mate literally pulled the kitchen apart. Must have been claimed by the warp :)

Jayden63
10-02-2010, 18:13
My 4 yr old son, up ended my entire bits box of 8 years of collecting. Ork bits were now mingling happily with Tau and chaos. It was madness I tell you. Madness.

Ambience 327
10-02-2010, 18:58

Guy 1: Hey, what are you doing?

Guy 2: Looking for my watch.

Guy 1: Where's the last place you remember seeing it?

Guy 2: In the back yard.

Guy 1: Then why are you looking here in the front yard?

Guy 2: The lighting is so much better here!