PDA

View Full Version : Gorebull + Razorgor Herd

Gormereth, the Fearmonger
10-02-2010, 02:23
So I was looking through the Beastmen Book and I was considering:

"What if someone took a Gorebull BSB with the banner of +1 strength and put him in a unit of Razorgors instead of Minotaurs"

What would benifit more for the frenzy (and other buffs) emparted by the Bull: Minotaurs or Razorgors?

Ultimate Life Form
10-02-2010, 02:30
I'm not sure, but one thing to keep in mind is that, since as I've heard the Razorgor sits on a 50mm base, you may run into serious trouble getting everything into base-to-base contact (and thus possibly waste lots of attacks). However, it sounds devastating.

Coyote81
10-02-2010, 03:06
Actually I was doing the base size math in my head real fast, and if you take one gorebull bsb and 3 razorgores they would lineup to the front of your normall 5 wide 20mm unit just fine. Every gets to attack. the middle razorgore on the left lined up on the corner with one Razorgore sticking over, then the gorebull in the center, and lastly one razorgore on the right side, about 10mm in from the end. This setup would also solve the problem of low LD on Razorgores, who cares, they're frenzied, Although to be honest, +1S banner is probably overkill. I'd take a warbanner if any banner at all. Probably just kit the gorebull out with a +1 as via gnarled hide and ramhorn helm.

scarvet
10-02-2010, 07:07
Why slow down your Razorgor :confused:

warlord hack'a
10-02-2010, 10:19
the gorebull can be shot out of the unit as he cannot benefit from Look out sir, but I guess the same applies when you put him in a unit of mino's.

innerwolf
10-02-2010, 12:04
The worst part of that tactic is losing the movement advantage of Razorgors.

SabaLoth
10-02-2010, 12:08
A coo idea nonetheless. use it against armies with not to much shooting

The SkaerKrow
10-02-2010, 12:52
I'd be more inclined to run a Gorebull with a unit of Minotaurs, and combination charge with a small unit of Razorgors. The Minotaurs do the damage, the Razorgors run down the enemy unit. You could also accomplish this with Hounds, though Hounds are more of an ACR risk than the Razorgor.

medevilmike
10-02-2010, 16:21
beast banner is best in a unit of gor...or ungor with spears.
I ran a gorbull bsb with beast banner this weekend in a unit of gor with ahw, they destroyed anything they charged and most things that charged them via challenge. My improved list has units of 2 razorgors with gorebulls in em. the loss of M isnt to bad as I keep em screened the first 2ish turns anyway and i use skirm ungors to do that as losing 1 of my 5 screenguys keep em from panicing the rest of my low ld army off the board.I would screen em with dogs if they couldnt panic things with 3 left.....stupid 6us

sulla
10-02-2010, 19:28
The worst part of that tactic is losing the movement advantage of Razorgors.

Best thing about it is never having to take a panic test with the razors...