PDA

View Full Version : Need your help to build a 2400pt Kholek list

anuburos
10-02-2010, 23:17
Hi all. So I'm going to join a 2400pt league/ campaigne. The rules are to have 4 core choices, only 1 dispel scroll in the army and it has to be based and painted. I've decided that I want to use Kholek since this is probably the only chance that I'll get to use my converted and painted Kholek model. Asking for help for me to build a semi-competive list that's also enjoyable to play. I'll list what I have because I prefer not having to buy more models for money/time reasons. List doesn't have to be point specfic, just trying to get ideas.

What I have to work with:

Various Sorcerer and Exalted characters
Kholek conversion
Throgg conversion
11 painted Chaos trolls
20 painted hounds
22 painted mauraders w/ flails
Painted chaos warriors- Halberd n shields - enough for 3 units of 15
Hell cannon
Warshrine
Giant
6 Chaos knights- painted Khorne
6 Chaos knights-

Gaargod
11-02-2010, 19:18
Hmmm

Could do with a little bit more info on what you would like. Obviously, having both Kholek and Throgg, with a fair amount of trolls, chaos knights and a giant immediately screams 'MONSTER ARMY' opportunity. But you might well not want to do that.

Using Kholek pretty much rules out 'magic spam' army. Which is fair enough. You could always go with a balanced force, but to be frank... usually doesn't work well for WoC.

Monster army would be something like...
Kholek
Throgg
1 or 2 sorcs (1 dispel scroll max worries me. 3 DD and 1 scroll will not stop any decent magic heavy army for a moment. Its pretty much a blatant 'bring the cheese!' opportunity, but maybe that's just my group).

3 units of trolls (if you had one more, would be 4 lots of 3, which would be great...)
Unit of marauders (or chaos warriors, if you end up with spare points somehow - sorcs sit in here probably)
4 x 5 hounds

2 x chaos knights
Valkia

Giant

Be approaching the sort of points value for talking about, i think. If you have spare points, add warriors i suppose.

BigbyWolf
11-02-2010, 22:52
Monster army would be something like...
Kholek
Throgg
1 or 2 sorcs (1 dispel scroll max worries me. 3 DD and 1 scroll will not stop any decent magic heavy army for a moment. Its pretty much a blatant 'bring the cheese!' opportunity, but maybe that's just my group).

3 units of trolls (if you had one more, would be 4 lots of 3, which would be great...)
Unit of marauders (or chaos warriors, if you end up with spare points somehow - sorcs sit in here probably)
4 x 5 hounds

2 x chaos knights
Valkia

Giant

Isn't Valkia also a lord choice?