PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pts - Dwarfs Roster - King Lowbar Stone-Eye's Throng

Gorak
11-02-2010, 01:05
OK, so I've posted a bunch of list and it come down to this,I want to play a good army and well I have a******** of dwarves so lets rock!

King Lowbar Stone-Eye
1 Dwarf Lord @ 273 pts
1 Oath Stone;shield
1 Runic Weapon (Rune of Cleaving x1; Rune of Fury x1)
1 Runic Armor (Rune of Stone)
1 Runic Talisman (Master Rune of Spite)

HEROS

Lowgrim Stone-Eye
1 Thane @ 155 pts
1 Oath Stone;great weapon
1 Runic Weapon (Master Rune of Kragg the Grim; Rune of Fury x1)
1 Runic Armor (Master Rune of Gromril)

Dublin Blackstone
1 Runesmith @ 127 pts
(Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield)
1 Runic Talisman (Rune of Spellbreaking x2)

CORE

Clan Blackstone
19 Longbeards @ 303 pts (Full command)
1 Runic Standard (Master Rune of Grungni)

Clan Brightstone
10 Thunderers @ 150 pts (Shield)

Clan Flintlock

SPECIAL

The Stoneguard
19 Hammerers @ 277 pts (Shield;Fullcommand)

The Ironguard
19 Ironbreakers @ 277 pts (Shield;Fullcommand)

1 Cannon @ 105 pts(Engineer)

1 Bolt Thrower @ 85 pts (Rune of Penetrating x1; Engineer)

1 Bolt Thrower @ 90 pts (Rune of Penetrating x1;rune of burningx1; Engineer)

Total Roster Cost: 1992

So lord goes with hammerers,thane goes with iron breakers,runesmith goes with longbeards. basic tactic is to shoot the crap out of the bigger/scarier stuff with bolth throwers and make em come to my wall o dwarves and watch'em break like a wave on them. rune of grungi is there to provide me with some ranged protection from magic/other shooters. For warmachine I though I'd just blow em up with my cannon as I hate gyrocopters(dumbest unit in game) and minners are in the valuable special slot so any idea/fine tuning I do have ALOT of dwarves so I am open to different unit ideas(except gyrocopters)

phoenixcrh
11-02-2010, 11:13
Drop the cannon and 1 unit of thunderers for an organ gun, a unit of quarrellers and EITHER BSB your thane OR the rune of stoicism for the iron breakers.

Other than that its a good list :)

Razakel
11-02-2010, 14:29
King Lowbar Stone-Eye
1 Dwarf Lord @ 273 pts
1 Oath Stone;shield
1 Runic Weapon (Rune of Cleaving x1; Rune of Fury x1)
1 Runic Talisman (Master Rune of Spite)

I'd swap the Runic weapon for a Great Weapon, you'll be striking last anyway and personally I find the extra attack to be redundant 90% of the time. If you do take Runes on it, make it the Master Rune of Kragg the Grim & Rune of Might. This will allow you to always wound on a 2+ regardless of your opponents Toughness. That is, if you drop it on your Thane.

HEROS

Lowgrim Stone-Eye
1 Thane @ 155 pts
1 Oath Stone;great weapon
1 Runic Weapon (Master Rune of Kragg the Grim; Rune of Fury x1)
1 Runic Armor (Master Rune of Gromril)

I quite like this one, especially the Oath Stone, very useful things they are, again I find the Rune of Fury to be quite pointless but to each their own. A great weapon on its own with the Master Rune of Gromril, usually does my Thane, you may consider making him a Battle Standard.

Dublin Blackstone
1 Runesmith @ 127 pts
(Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Shield)
1 Runic Talisman (Rune of Spellbreaking x2)

I like it, the Master Rune of Balance is an excellent rune, but the Rune of Spellbreaking is brilliant for breaking up the first few Magic phases before combat.

CORE

Clan Blackstone
19 Longbeards @ 303 pts (Full command)
1 Runic Standard (Master Rune of Grungni)

Clan Brightstone

Clan Flintlock

I love it, good strong blocks of Dwarf soldiers and Thunderers with shields, reminds me of my army.

SPECIAL

The Stoneguard
19 Hammerers @ 277 pts (Shield;Fullcommand)

The Ironguard
19 Ironbreakers @ 277 pts (Shield;Fullcommand)

1 Cannon @ 105 pts(Engineer)

1 Bolt Thrower @ 85 pts (Rune of Penetrating x1; Engineer)

1 Bolt Thrower @ 90 pts (Rune of Penetrating x1;rune of burningx1; Engineer)

Personally I prefer only having a single unit of Hammerers, I find Ironbreakers to be superior at holding flanks if the unit has an Oath Stone. Stubborn is great and all, but with a 2+ armour save in combat, you will rarely be taking break tests anyway.

Also your hatred of Gyrocopters is unwarranted, they can easily be the best unit in the Dwarf army if well used, you don't need LoS to march block and the ability to fly with such a slow army should not be underestimated.

Edit: Sorry about the Ironbreakers, I could've sworn you had two units of Hammerers in there, I must be going blind!

Ethos
11-02-2010, 15:13
This list is very similar to my own. Really, only a few differences in runes and such.

I personally play 2 Bolt Throwers and an Organ Gun. My Throwers have Burning, Penetrating, and one has a +1 to hit for flyers (dragons, brightly colored "dead things" (Daemons)). Very nice for having Engineers on both.

I prefer to have my runic banners be maxed out, but at 2,000 points it maybe be difficult. For me, I'd sacrifice a rank to keep my runic banners - especially because once you lose one guy out of 20, you're down to 3 ranks.

Now, what I felt was your biggest "faux pas" was having your Lord be weaker than your Thane. Your Thane has a higher strength, and your Lord only has strength 5. My Lords in any army never get below strength 6 (except for auto wound, no armor attacks). Kragg + Might is good - even keep Fury. I personally prefer Snorri - or, whichever is the +1 to hit rune - because then I liked saying "I hit you on anything but [1], and I kill you on anything but [1]". Having 2's to hit, and to kill (especially if taking Might) really makes your opponent think twice about who he brings.

Just some thoughts. Otherwise it's a very solid army and it's very ideal for having fewer, but beefed up units.

I like it.

Gorak
12-02-2010, 00:23
Thanks for the feedback! Ok here goes slight changes on Lord and Thane

Lowbarstone-Eye
oathstone
Runic Greatweapon(Master Rune of Kragg the Grim;Rune of Might)
Runic Armour(Master Rune of Gromril)
Ruinc Tailsmen(Master rune of spite)

Lowgrim Stone-Eye
oathstone
bsb
Runic Standard(Rune of Battle)

Now the only thing that worries me is I lose some hitty power on than and he's easier to kill. Mind you +2 to guarnted to combat res is nice...

Ethos
12-02-2010, 11:09
Give the Thane the 5+ ward save rune for the banner, and at least a Cleaving. I've never liked a combat BSB - rather, a survivable one. If not Cleaving, then something to protect himself more (Stone?).

Having a LD10 re-rollable is crucial. Very crucial.