PDA

View Full Version : Beasts.... 2000pts

daa6
11-02-2010, 06:28
Thought i would try the BSB of Rust..... going for a refused flank... so BSB supported left and right, mino unit outside of that nearer the flank and a Rare monster "likely Cygor" more to the central flank, with Raiders "in the way, and waiting"

The List .... 2k

* Great Bray + Staff of Darkoth / Power Stone / Gouge-Tusk / Cacophonous
Dirge / Lvl4 and Extra Weapon. (main unit with BSB)
* Shanam + Extra Weapon + 2 x Dispel Scrolls (far Flank Gor unit)
* BSB + Rust / Hv Armour / Shield / Gnarld Hide
* Wargor + Extra Weapon / Horn of the First Beast (central Gor unit)

1 x 24 Gor's "extra Weapon" + Full
2 x 18 Gor's "extra Weapon" + Full
4 x 6 Raiders

1 x 3 Mino's + extra Weapons

1 x Rare (Cygor) to help screw up their Magic, and he Chucks Rocks :D

Well thats it, what do you think....?

be... kind... ;)

Thanks all.

Jagosaja
11-02-2010, 06:51
... and he Chucks Rocks :D

God, I loved that game

mightygnoblar
11-02-2010, 11:05
a few things, firstly the great bray shaman, why the combat kit? i realise that it makes him fight reasonably well for a wizard but i would rather keep him doing what he is best at, and thats casting spells. Give him a dispel scroll and be done with it. This would also allow you to drop one scroll on the level 2 to make space for the hag tree fetish which is an awesome item.

The equipment on the bsb is also a bit weird, you,ve given him the totem of rust, then spent points to give him a save which is going to be hurt by the totem, this makes him very fragile. Id find points to stick that bsb onto a minotuar.

Your final wargor, i would go all out protection on this guy, gnarled hide, ramhorn helm etc. and make him the general.

The rest of the list looks okay, although very small, probably too small for my liking, youve not put the points break down so i cant be totally sure, however i think you may have too many points invested in character and shiny stuff.

daa6
12-02-2010, 03:15
I dont like the idea of the General not being able to defend himself.... hence the CC gear... and the Durge helps the unit...

BSB would be a surprise for the enemy... lowering their Sv hut he still has 4+ after the banner's effect, where as its a bit of an problem for them... "ish" could always add Armour Piercing to him as well... after all hes the BSB, and dont want him dead in a challange...

As for the Mino idea.... natural stats would help in defence but then the whole unit would be frenzied.... "some +'s and -'s for that"

Could load the Shamen "both" as you said.... Dispel on both and the Hag Tree on the hero....

Any other ideas...

Thanks

daa6
13-02-2010, 08:31
Anyone else have any ideas???

:o :confused:

:shifty:

Thanks

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
13-02-2010, 15:50
Blocks of Gor are crap-why take them?
Skirmishers are ok but not great
Chariots are where its at, they will keep longer range chargers from getting stuck in to your Minos.
I have seen the Wild deck used and its underwhelming and overpriced casting values make it prone to overcommitment and thus miscasts.

Brother Edwin
13-02-2010, 17:29
I think the cygor with the giant is the weakest of the 4 big guys. A wizard will rarely fail the ld test, and even then he will just make sure to put enough dice in to not fail to cast. Also he is far too expensive for a stone thrower.

The ghorgon or jabberslythe is a mush better choice I think. The ghorgon because of the T6, 6 wounds, better Ld(LD8 fails one in four times, ld 10 like one in 8 or something) and being better in combat, the jabberslythe because he is a flying rank breaker.

LaurentleBete
13-02-2010, 17:33
I think the cygor with the giant is the weakest of the 4 big guys. A wizard will rarely fail the ld test, and even then he will just make sure to put enough dice in to not fail to cast. Also he is far too expensive for a stone thrower.

The ghorgon or jabberslythe is a mush better choice I think. The ghorgon because of the T6 and being better in combat, the jabberslythe because he is a flying rank breaker.

Totally agree, theres not much a Ghorgon can't bring down on it's own, let alone when you combo charge with it. The Jabber can just wreak havoc. It may not have the best statline, but it's a flying terror causing aoe-banshee with US5. Plus you get to make some really cool conversions for it!