PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts Grand Tournament List for May.

Lordcypress
11-02-2010, 16:20
Vampire Counts 2250pts

Character Choices:

Vampire Lord 730pts
Extra Magic Level, Zombie Dragon, Red Fury, Infinite Hatred, Walking Death, Bale Fire Spike, Flayed Hauberk, Wrist Bands, Book of Arkhan.

Vampire 190pts
Walking Death, Avatar of Death, Bloody Hauberk

Vampire 180pts
Dispel Scroll, Dread Knight, Lord of the Dead, Sword of Might
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Core Units:

18 x Skeletons 207pts (Both Vampires here)
Full Command, Warbanner, Spears

21 x Zombies 92pts
Standard Bearer

20 x Zombies 88pts
Standard Bearer

5 x Dire Wolves 40pts
5 x Dire Wolves 40pts
5 x Dire Wolves 40pts
5 x Dire Wolves 40pts

7 x Dire Wolves 66pts
Upgrade to Doom Wolf

Corpse Cart 100pts
Bale Fire
------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Units:

5 x Fell Bats 100pts
Rare Units:

5 x Blood Knights 330pts
Standard Bearer, Royal Standard of Strigos
Total: 2247pts
Power Dice: 7
Dispel Dice: 6
Bound Spells: 2
Scrolls: 1

blackjack
11-02-2010, 16:35
Looks like a fun fighty list.

If you want it to be competitive get more power dice in there. 7PD will not cut it against most high magic enemies.

Razakel
11-02-2010, 16:37
I'm not totally sure where your going with this topic. Are you showing off? Are you looking for feedback / changes or is this a finalized list?

Lordcypress
11-02-2010, 16:55
@Razakel,

That was the weirdest comment I've ever seen and I'm a Mod at the Blood Keep. I'm not sure how one goes about showing off with an army list? But this list is in now way finalized. I have 3.5 months of playtesting left before the next GT. Just posting the list and feed back and gathering up ideas.

@Blackjack,

I'd like to get more power dice but where do I find the points. I guess I could take off Avatar of the Death and Walking Death from the one Vampire and give him Master of the Black Arts. I was considering trying to fit in the Black Periapt somewhere.

highelfmage
11-02-2010, 17:05
make one of your vamps the abilities to summon creatures raises up bats on turn 1 then let the bets go wild. drop unit of 7 dire wolves and maybe the 5 to get another vampire. drop spear of skeleton and go with hand weapon/shield. 4+ save.

Razakel
11-02-2010, 17:12
@Razakel,

That was the weirdest comment I've ever seen and I'm a Mod at the Blood Keep. I'm not sure how one goes about showing off with an army list? But this list is in now way finalized. I have 3.5 months of playtesting left before the next GT. Just posting the list and feed back and gathering up ideas.

Well since you didn't specify in the OP, I found your post one of the weirdest I've ever seen.

Gaargod
11-02-2010, 19:08
Really? seemed fairly standard to me, although adding a polite C&C wanted would have made things clearer.

Regarding list: I'm not so hot on the hatred banner on black knights. One of their advantages if their reliability over Blood Knights - by giving them hatred, yes they will hit harder, but they're also more likely to chase after stuff (classic 'flank charge with skinks' example). In a tournament, expect people to play with those kind of tricks.
Or at least, that's what i do :D

Lordcypress
11-02-2010, 20:15
Gaargood,

I don't have Black Knights in the list. In fact my army is themed after Blood Dragons. Hence the Lord on Dragon, Blood Knights, fighty Heros in Skeletons, lots of Dire Wolves. But ya agree Hatred is something I have to keep in check as well as Frenzy. But thats why I have 5 Dire Wolf units and Fell Bats. Lots of screens to protect against those kind of tricks.

VC Billy
11-02-2010, 21:35
No one that responded to this post has really said anything helpful so let me take a crack at it...

Seeing some of the unit choices (lots of small units of wolves, etc) it's obvious to me you know what you're doing so I'll limit my suggestions.

1. Knowing you have a themed army around blood knights why not use more of them? Drop the dragon pick up another unit of Blood Knights. Stick your lord in that unit with the 4+ ward from shooting banner. Lose walking death and pick up dread knight. Lose the spike, the armor, and the wristbands then pick up the immune to KB armor, and whatever else you would like to spend 50 points on. maybe gem of blood and the cursed book? You might even consider losing the book for the 4+ ward. If you think about it you will never be able to reliably use the book when you need. My goal when creating a combat VC lord is to maximize his defense in order to keep him alive.

2. Make all of your Vamps mounted and put them in either the blood knight units of maybe one in the bigger dog unit if your don't need it to pit. Fast cav vamp is always nice. I would give them both walking death and dread knight and whatever magic items you want. I would recommend ending up with 2 scrolls in the list though.

3. If you need additional points scrap the corpse cart. It doesn't really do much in your list since you have such little magic. True to Blood Knight tradition. Maybe the bats too....

In my regular GT VC list I run a unit of skeletons with a vamp BSB and I know how good they are, but I think making these few changes really better fits your theme and should be much more competitive.

Have fun play testing.

VC Billy
11-02-2010, 21:37
make one of your vamps the abilities to summon creatures raises up bats on turn 1 then let the bets go wild. drop unit of 7 dire wolves and maybe the 5 to get another vampire. drop spear of skeleton and go with hand weapon/shield. 4+ save.

I take back what I said. Dropping the spears is helpful advice.