PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Beginners Beastherd [1000pt]

Gadicitus
07-02-2006, 18:07
Thought I'd throw this out here because I've just bought the WHFB rulebook and have access to most army books. I'm looking to start WHFB, as you may be away if you've read my thread in the main forum. I'm thinking that Beasts of Chaos would be a nice army to play, this is what I'm thinking:

Doombull, Axes of Khorgor
3 Minotaurs, xCCW, Standard

15 Bestigor w/ CSM + Mark of Slaanesh

20 Beastherd (8 Ungor) w/ CSM
20 Beastherd (8 Ungor) w/ CSM

5 Chaos Hounds
5 Chaos Hounds

For expansion I'd consider 3 Dragon Ogres, a Chariot and another Beastherd to bring it to 1500pts.

I'm well aware that this will be trial and error as I play - but I'd like someone to just say 'Yes this is viable' or 'No you will get your ass kicked every time' :)

Gadicitus
07-02-2006, 20:53
Please? :(

Azazel
08-02-2006, 13:46
Doombulls are Lord choices right? Your army has to be 2000 points before you can take a Lord.

szlachcic
08-02-2006, 15:13
A Doombull is a Lord choice so is infact illegal. You would be better off with a Wargor (or 2) instead. The great thing about Beasts of Chaos is that you can make relatively cheap characters to bolster your normal units (at least compared to what I normally play).

You might want to try taking less gors and more ungors as you will save points and still have the same amount of models, plus ungors can use their spears when in the second rank. Here is a list similar to yours just to give you an idea.

Wargor - General, Great Weapon, Armour of Damnation (94)

Bray-Shaman - Level 2, Mark of Slaanesh, Staff of Darkoth (155)

Beast Herd - 8 Gors, 12 Ungors, Musician, Standard (119)

Beast Herd - 8 Gors, 12 Ungors, Musician, Standard (119)

5 Warhounds - (30)

5 Warhounds - (30)

15 Bestigors - Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh (230)

3 Minotaurs - Xtra Hand Weapons (132)

Fiend of Slaanesh (75)

So, basically the same thing minus the DoomBull, but it gained the Fiend and two characters. Like I said it is a rough list that I threw together (I believe it is only 984 pts) just to give you an idea. The Marks of Slaanesh were thrown in there b/c you had a mark in your army and I happen to really like anything Slaanesh, so it just worked out, lol. I hope that helps a little bit.