PDA

View Full Version : O&G 1999 Point All-Comers List

Kalist
12-02-2010, 04:58
Hi guys, I just started into O&G about a couple months ago and only have one game under my belt so far but have acquired a big enough horde to hit 1999 points. This is a magic heavy list designed to take on all-comers. This is a really interesting points bracket because it forces you to put more points into core than you normally would.

TOTAL 1999 Points
8PD
2 Bound
8 Dispel (+1 to dispel)

HEROES 425

Orc Shaman (General)
-Level 2
-Horn of Urgok

Orc Shaman
-Level 2
-Nibbla's Itty ring
-Staff of Sorcery

Night Goblin Shaman
-Level 2
-Dispel Scroll
-Dispel Scroll

CORE 1149

5 Spider Riders
-Musician

5 Spider Riders
-Musician

5 Wolf Riders
-Musician
-Spears

5 Wolf Riders
-Musician
-Spears

30 Orc Bigguns
-Shields
-Magic banner - Mork's Spirit Totem
-Musician

32 Night Goblins
-2 Fanatics
-Musician
-Banner
-Nets

31 Night Goblins
-2 Fanatics
-Musician
-Banner
-Nets

21 Night Goblins
-2 Fanatics
-Musician
-Short bows

SPECIAL 220

4 x Spear Chukkas

1 Orc Boar Chariot

RARE 205

Giant

The plan is to place fast cav first - by the time four units of them are down I would hope the enemy has started to put down important units. I'd then match his important things with my big unit of orcs, flanked by each of the large NG units. The archers would try to hold a flank (try being the operative word), while chukkas are placed to create kill-zones and hopefully have enough view to cover the whole board.

I might have gone overkill on magic but I've been whooped by it before so I'm a bit paranoid. With 8 PD and 2 bound items I should be able to get a few spells off. 8 dispel dice (assuming full ranks for totem), +1 to dispel, and 2 dispel scrolls should hopefully be enough defence to see my guys through.

If you are wondering why I didn't take more orcs it's because I only have 38. The only models I have that aren't already in here are a TON of night goblins (no more fanatics) and a single troll.

Thanks for any feedback!

Gorak
12-02-2010, 05:04
I'd drop the orcs and spam the nightgobbos, keep the shamans if you eant big WAAAAAAGh but I drop the unit of bigun's for more ng with fanatics and shortbows(it's funny when you panic ratorgre with shortbow fire)

Jind_Singh
12-02-2010, 10:19
You have the right idea, but not the approach I'd try - heres some quickies as it's 3.08am and time for bed!

1) Big Uns - drop them! Grab a Orc BSB in their place, black orc preferance, and give him spirt totem - saves you just a ton crap load of points.

2) Orc magic - if your taking 2 level 2 ORC shamans then theres a good chance you pull the waagh spell - which makes useless for TWO turns your spear chuckas - so either switch over to the little waaagh or reduce the spear chuckas down to 2 - this way it wont hurt so much waaaghing.

3) Shamans - orc Lvl 2, give one staff of badum - real nasty castor as he has +1 to cast
Give the Goblin shaman a bound item and magic mushrooms or single scroll

4) Fast cav - no point to them unless they all have bows - belive me, tis the best upgrade ever! My 6 spider riders killed 1 chaos knight in turn 1, another knight in turn 2! OK that was lucky but they also killed warriors, wounded hydras, dragons, killed elves - every game they will kill someting worth more than the 5-6 pts to upgrade to bows! :D

5) Orc boyz - so drop big-uns and get full command - now you have a combat unit that you wont mind taking forwards - as big uns they are useless as they are best in combat but every round reduces their magic defence -and if you lose the defence for magic then why upgrade them? catch 22! So keep them simple, save points!

6) Orc bullies - must be standard issue for mixed army lists on spear chukas (mixed lists as in your using both orcs and gobbos)

7) spear chuckas - 4 is deadly but 2 is also effective - I'd rather get another type of special such as squig hoppers - they are just tooooooooo amazing!

Slayerthane
12-02-2010, 16:54
Sorry to hijack, but why do you recommend taking bullies? I looked in the armybook and the only reason I can see is for a boost in leadership.

Kalist
12-02-2010, 20:07
I think if you have an orc in a unit of goblins they gain the bonus of 'ignore littl'un panic' so a fleeing or dead unit nearby won't make your warmachines run.

The main reason I upgraded the orcs to bigguns was to get the magic totem. If I went with a BSB I'd be going from magic heavy to magic medium which might not get as many things through.

Slayerthane
12-02-2010, 21:33
Instead of the unit of Big Uns, you could always get Black Orcs and give them the totem. I think a unit of 20 with Std and Mus, and the Totem would run you 345pts and these guys wouldn't suffer from animosity. If you wanted to, you could add extra armor bits to your orcs, shoulder pads etc. to make them look like they have heavy armor and then say they're black orcs, rather than going out and buying some.

Kalist
12-02-2010, 22:46
Wow that's not a bad idea Slayerthane. I have a ton of bits (pauldrons, weapons, etc) that I could glue onto their backs/hips to make them look like they really are armed to da teef! I might have to look into that.