PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ogre Theme List. 1999 pts. Is it cheesey?

TroyJPerez
12-02-2010, 05:38
1 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Power Familiar
1 Book of Secrets

17 Chaos Marauders (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)
1 Chieftan (Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)

5 Marauder Horsemen X2 (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Flail; Fast Cavalry)

5 Marauder Horsemen X2 (Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Throwing Spear; Fast Cavalry

5 Chaos Warhounds X3

4 Dragon Ogres X3 (Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Causes Fear)

1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth (Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Causes Terror; Immune to Psychology; Large Target; Scaly Skin)

This comes out to exacally 1999 for an upcoming tourney. So what are your thoughts?

danny-d-b
12-02-2010, 08:22
why have you given the Drogers Great weapons and ADH

not a good idea, take GW on all but one and AHW on the last one, which will prob save you like 30 point, which is enough to give your sorcerer a steed, and so you can get him a better armour save, I'd also drop the book and give him a scroll, as at this level you will stuggle to get anything off on the offence , so the defence is probibly better

I'd also look at giving your horsemen the MOS or maybe droppin one of the flail carrying pair, give the other the MOK and then get more dogs? or maybe try and save some points for a 2nd wizzard?

TroyJPerez
12-02-2010, 08:30
My main reason for giving both weapons sets its cause I'm making them from black orcs and cold ones. So I only have a limited ammount of each type model. I could use the larger black or axe and make a few carrying their two hander in 1 hand. I also like the idea of delivering a ton of strength 5 attacks in the event that I'm facing a lot of static combat resolution from the front of a rank and file block. 3 ranks, outnumber, banner, warbanner is static 6. If half of my strength 7 attacks miss, the best I can hope for is a draw that I lose from by musician. 16 strength 5 attacks feels safer and better for crushing unbreakable stuff like undead and deamons. But I will mess around with the list and see what I can squeeze in.

danny-d-b
12-02-2010, 08:48
well if you go up against SCR then you need to charge in the flank then- I'd never charge DO in to the front of an fully ranked infantry unit, even if it was zombies- as you just can't build up the ACR, flank them and you get rid of the ranks and get a +1 to flank

TroyJPerez
12-02-2010, 08:59
I'm forseeing a lot of skaven players at the Quake City rumble this year so getting around lots of blocks might be hard. I'll still see if I can bunch of some of the greatweapons and maybe have a few units of 5 DO's. Would be cool to have more of them.

Gorak
12-02-2010, 12:58
Gota find a wasy to get some anti magic, you will be a push over in the magic phase