PDA

View Full Version : rallying characters after their unit is destroyed

WarmbloodedLizard
12-02-2010, 13:36
I already posted this in an earlier thread but we are still debating:

"if a character joins a unit, e.g. a unit of COR and all models except for the hero are killed, does the fleeing hero still count as part of the unit (i.e. he cannot rally) or is he counted as a single character-unit with full US (i.e. can rally)?"

I would go for can rally, he says the hero shouldn't be able to.

Malorian
12-02-2010, 13:42
In our group we always play that he can rally.

The other unit is gone and should no longer count, it's only the character now and he's at 100% starting size ;)

Necromancy Black
12-02-2010, 13:43
He's not part of a unit so should be able to rally. And don't say a single character alone is still part of a unit cause I won't be having VC casting nehek on a dead unit.

What is a bitch is having your hero stuck with one other guy can not being able to rally because of it!

Milgram
12-02-2010, 14:09
he seizes to be part of the destroyed unit at the end of the phase (after the break test), though special rules of the unit are obviously lost. there are situations that this matters.

but anyways, he is able to rally. also if there are two characters as the last remaining models in the unit, they separate at the end of the phase. they do not flee together.

The SkaerKrow
14-02-2010, 13:59
but anyways, he is able to rally. also if there are two characters as the last remaining models in the unit, they separate at the end of the phase. they do not flee together.Wrong, they cannot separate until after they rally, it's in the FAQ. On the other hand, they can attempt to rally as they're no longer a part of the unit that was destroyed.

Milgram
14-02-2010, 15:30
yes, you're right. they remain a unit until their next movement phase according to the faq.

Zilverug
16-02-2010, 13:33
yes, you're right. they remain a unit until their next movement phase according to the faq.

But nowdays it isn't possible for characters to form a unit anymore (without non-characters), is it?

Milgram
16-02-2010, 14:11
yes, but the brb faq 2 tells you to split up two characters that remain as the last two models of a unit in their next movement phase.

warlord hack'a
16-02-2010, 14:13
@zilverrug correct, it is just that they are so busy fleeing that they do not realize they are breaking the lwas of their universe.. ;-). Strangely though, while fleeing they do realize they are no longer accompagnied by any of the 'common folk'..

Da Crusha
17-02-2010, 02:40
what if the unit wasnt completely wiped out and can no longer rally because there arent enough models, but there is a character in the unit? can he rally alone?

Necromancy Black
17-02-2010, 02:56
No, that is the one case where we can agree that the rules say he's boned.