PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Glory and Shame

Cold_Blooded
12-02-2010, 18:13
This shall be my thread for recording battles not fought with my beloved Lizardmen. So it shall mainly be fights between other members of our gaming group that I've made reports for as I don't like just sitting back when there's a good game on and making notes stops me being a back seat general. Also it'll give me somewhere to record my new dwarfs until they're worthy of their own thread.

So to begin with a fight between Tom's Warriors of Chaos and Andi's Orcs and Goblins

Warriors of Chaos Army

Chaos Lord Mark of Nurgle Riding a Chaos Dragon
Diabolic Splendour, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Sword of Striking, Enchanted Shield

Sorcerer level 2 MoN
Exalted Hero MoN Chaos Steed Shield

10 Chaos Marauders
10 Chaos Marauders
10 Chaos Warriors with Shields

5 Chaos Knights
5 Chaos Knights

Hell cannon
Spawn MoS
Spawn MoS

Orcs & Goblins

Warboss on Boar
BSB in Chariot
Orc Shaman on Boar
Gobbo Shaman

20 Night Gobs wiv Bows (Fanatic)
20 Night gobs wiv Bows (2 Fanatics)
30 Night gobs wiv hand weapons & Shields (Fanatic)
20 Savage Orcs
5 Wolfs
5 Spiders
2 Spear throwerz
1 rock lobba
7 Hoppers
1 Doom D
1 giant

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
Army races forwards, Dragon in the lead. Magic is shut down by the staff of sneaky stealing.

Orcs & Goblins Turn 1
Warboss fails terror from the Dragon and flees. Unit of night goblins rolls a 6 for animosity and surges forwards towards the left most Chaos Knights, the fanatic is set loose, rolls 5 hits but fails to wound any Knights. Giant charges the Dragon. Magic is a bust. Giant yells and bawls and sends the dragon packing.

Warriors of Chaos turn 2
Dragon fails to rally and continues to run. The Knights on the left charge the night gobs. Right knights charge the savage Orcs spawn each charge a fast cavalry unit who flee.
Hellcannon misfires and is destroyed. Both knight units beat the green skins Night Gobboz leave the table. Savage Orcs are ran down.

Orcs & Goblins Turn 2
Squig Hoppers animosity into the centre knights. Warboss and Wolf riders rally, spider riders continue to run. Gaze of Gork kills a spawn. Waaagh! Spell is cast – Rock lobba crew charge the left knights, spear chucka crew and BSB on chariot charge knights fighting Squig hoppers, hand weapon Gobboz charge a marauder block. No shooting as all the crew have wandered off.
Rock Lobba crew are killed, Knights overrun into Warboss. The Night Gobboz break the Marauders The huge melee is a tie.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
In a shocking display of bad luck the Dragon fails to rally again and leaves the table. The broken Marauders rally. Spawn charges right side bow gobs who stand and shoot and kill it. The knights fail to wound the Warboss who kills 2 of them and wins the combat driving them off. The big brawl sees the Squig hoppers killed and the Orcs losing, Knights run down the BSB while the crew escape.
Orcs & Goblins turn 3
Warboss & Doom Diver crew charge fleeing knights. Warboss fails fear so can't, Doom Diver Crew pass and chase them from the table. A wild fanatic puts 2 wounds on the giant. Spider riders rally, wolf riders squabble and can't charge the Marauders Bolt thrower crew on the far right also fail fear so can't charge the knights – they'd have lost but hopefully would have saved the right side night goblins.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Chaos Warriors charge giant. Chaos Knights charge Gobbo archers, Marauders charge goblins with shields. Chaos warriors put a wound onto the giant, who picks up the sorcerer and eats him. The knights slaughter the goblins but the marauders lose and are ran down.

Orcs and Goblins turn 4
Wolf riders charge the back of the Chaos Warriors who are fighting the giant. Fanatic doesn't like this and ploughs through the giant putting 6 wounds onto it and kills him. The giant gets his revenge and falls on top of the fanatic and the goblin shaman squashing both of them. Gork'll fix it is cast on the Chaos Warriors who are beaten by the wolf riders but pass the break test.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
The remaining Marauders head for a safe table quarter as the knights turn back towards the main battle but won't reach. The Chaos warriors kill the wolf riders.

Orcs & Goblins Turn 5
Waaagh! is called. Goblins charge into the side of the Chaos Warriors, Warboss falls an inch short. Another stray fanatic wounds the Orc shaman. Goblins beat the chaos warriors and run them down.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
The marauders happily grab a quarter. The Knights do likewise.

Orcs & Goblins Turn 6
Shooting and magic kills the knights leaving just the Hero holding onto his collection of banners.

Survivors
Exalted Hero (with 2 banners)
6 Marauders (holding table quarter)

Warboss
Orc Shaman (½ wounds)
30 Night Goblins (holding table quarter)
5 Spider Riders
1 Spear Thrower
1 Doom Diver

Warriors of Chaos 1547 vs Orcs & Goblins 2010 – difference 463
Result – Minor Victory to the Orcs & Goblins.

A fun and bloody game. The warriors suffered from losing their 2 key units (the dragon and the Hellcannon) without either making any real impact on the game however the Chaos Knights with Hero did superb to try and save the day killing 20 Savage Orcs, 7 Hoppers, 20 Night Gobs and the Battle Standard.
I'm not sure if the Orc player using the Waaagh! Spell was a great idea, however it did make for a very dramatic couple of turns with war machine crews getting stuck in. The doom diver crew in particular chasing the other knights away when the Warboss couldn't was a good moment as was the block of killer goblins. And a special shout out the the fanatics who brought down their own giant.

Malorian
12-02-2010, 18:16
Go Orcs! :D

When I saw the dragon list, and not that many warmachines in the orc list, I thought the greenskins were in trouble.

Glad to see that things went their way :)

Cold_Blooded
14-02-2010, 21:39
Skaven Vs Beastmen

Seer – 1 Warpstone Token. Skitterleap, Vermintide, Plague, 13th.
Plague Priest – Wither, Vermintide
Engineer, Warp Lightnigh Scorch

Shaman I – Oxen Stands, Crows Feast
Shaman II – Bear's Anger, Oxen Stands

Skaven Left Flank
Doomwheel
Clanrats

Skaven Centre
Bell & Clanrats
StormVermin
Census Bearers

Skaven Right Flank
Plague Monks & Furnace
Poison Wind Globes
Abomination

Beastmen Left Flank
Ungors 1
Ungors 4
Ungors 6

Beastmen Centre
Ungors 2
Gors (with shaman 2)
Ungors 3
Minotaur 1
Jabberslythe

Beastmen Right Flank
Minotaur 2 (with Gorebull)
Gorghon
Ungors 5 (with shaman 1)
Razorgors
Lord on Chariot

Beastmen turn 1
Beast army moves up. Magic fails. Shooting all out of range.

Skaven turn 1
Doomwheel moves 12” Abomb moves 13” rest of the army moves up in a big mob mainly towards the right flank. Vermintide fails. Scorch dispelled. Plague kills 2 raiders, Wither weakens Shaman's raiders. Mortar hits shaman's raiders but no damage, Doomwheel goes out of control ad crashes through the woods taking no damage.

Beastmen turn 2
Ambush unit come on to their own board edge. Ungor raiders,shaman, Gorghon & lord charge Abomb. This all seems rather unsporting. Raiders all gang up around the Doomwheel. Centre units move up, Razorgors sneak around the side. Jabberslythe also goes onto the far side. Jabberslythe kills 3 Globes who panic away, Mortar dies, Abomb takes 1. Shooting misses. Combat sees the poor Abomb take 4 wounds but lives on - wounding shaman, killing a Gor and putting 2 wounds on the chariot of the lord. Abomb breaks and escapes. Lord and raiders hit the furnace.

Skaven turn 2
PCB charge Gorghon, StormVermin charge Minotaur 1. Abomb rallies, globes don't. Doomwheel charges Ungor 1. Magic stopped although Gorghon is withered. Chalice of Dark Rain activates, but 3 Ungors are killed by the Doomwheel. Rattling gun shoots Minotaur 2 and wounds 1. Assassin jumps out of the StormVermin. Doomwheel kills Ungors Census bearers put 4 wounds onto Gorghon who kills 3 but holds. Assassin challenges bloodkine, puts 2 wounds on but is killed. StormVermin wound a Minotaur, minos kill 34 back. Minos break and are ran down. Lord takes a wound from toughness, impact hits put a wound on the furnace, Lord puts another 3 wounds on it. Plague Priest wounds the lord, Bringer of the word kills the shaman, crew and monks slay the Ungors Lord breaks and is run down.

Beastmen turn 3
Razorgor charge monks in the flank, Ungors charge ratling gun. Gors flee from Doomwheel 1 set of Ungors flee also. Minos 2 charge into PCB. Rattling gun kills 2 but Ungors charge. Razorgor fails as they charge into jabberslythe. Ungors kill ratling gun Minotaur kill PCBs who overrun into Gorghon.

Skaven turn 3.
Doomflayer charges and runs down some Gors. Furnace charges Minotaur, Abomb stalls in front of Jabberslythe (I said, I hope you don't roll a triple here mate) Doomwheel crashes into some more Ungors Clanrats with engineer make a bold move exposing their flank to the Gors. StormVermin tun about. Plague kills 5 Gors and panics them but then hits the Doomflayer killing it and 6 StormVermin. Warp storm scroll fails to wound Jabberslythe Doomwheel runs down more Ungors Monks wipe out minotaurs, Priest wounds Gorebull. Gorebull wounds Priest and Furnace. Gorebull escapes, Furnace only chases 4” leaving it open to the Gorghon.

Beastmen turn 4
Gors rally, GoreBull doesn't. Gorghon and Razorgors charge Furnace in rear and flank. Jabberslythe hits Abomb. Jabberslythe kills Abomb. Razorgor and Gorghon kill 7 monks, Priest kills a Razorgor. Monks are unbreakable. Rats emerge from the Abomb.

Skaven turn 4
Swarm charges Jabberslythe. Doomwheel charges Gors. Bell unit turns toward the Jabberslythe and the brawl between the monks and the Gorghon and Razorgors. StormVermin head towards the Gors.
3 Clanrats die to the bells noise. Magic fails to do any damage, but last scroll is used up.
Doomwheel runs the Gors down. Jabberslythe kills rat swarm. Priest kills Gorghon, Razorgors lose 2, the furnace is destroyed, Razorgors break and Monks overrun into Jabberslythe.

Beastmen turn 5
Razorgors and Gorebull continue to flee.
Ungors move to shoot the StormVermin but miss. Jabberslythe is wounded twice. Priest is killed but Jabberslythe breaks and is run down.

Skaven turn 5
Doomwheel rolls back onto the battlefield. Skaven magic now unopposed. However a rude miscast saves the day for now. Shooting kills an Ungor

Beastmen turn 6
Razorgor leave. Gorebull rally. Ungors shoot the Doomwheel but miss.

Skaven turn 6
Not much left to do with but 8 Ungors and the Gorebull on the field. Skitterleap puts the Engineer into a prime spot to fire his Doom Rocket at the Gorebull, its a direct hit but it doesn't wound and that's the end of the game.

Final Score – Skaven 2630 vs Beastmen 1087. Difference 1543
Result – Massacre Victory for the Skaven

Man of the Match
Gorebull – For being pretty much the last man standing.
Plague Furnace – Survived for ages and helped its unit kill a huge amount of Beastmen

w3rm
14-02-2010, 23:05
Great reports man. Keep up the good work!

Cold_Blooded
10-03-2010, 01:01
Warriors of Chaos vs Warriors of Chaos

For fun I decided to put together a WoC army with no marks at all, a pure undivided force. Tom agreed to take me on with his very much marked force.

Chaos Undivided
Zargon Hopeslayer - Chaos Lord
Chaos Steed. Chaos Runesword. Favour of the Gods. Collar of Khorne. Enchanted Shield.

Chaos Sorcerer - Level 2. Book of Shadows. Power Fam (Doom and Darkness, Creeping Death, Dark Hand of Death)
Chaos Sorcerer - Level 2. Rod of Torment. (Fireball, Conflagration of Doom)

Exalted Hero. BSB. Chaos Steed. Fury of the Blood God.

5 Dogs
5 Dogs
5 Dogs
25 Marauders
24 Marauders
12 Chaos Warriors. Halberds Champion

14 Chaos Chosen. Champion.
6 Chaos Knight. Champion.
3 Dragon Ogres. Champion

Chaos War shrine

Now obviously the plan would be to use the War shrine to buff my main units and hope my champions in the Knights and Dragon Ogres could rack up some good kills. It's worth noting we've House Ruled that killing a unit Champion nets you an Eye of the Gods roll – our logic being you have to challenge him due to the rule so you should be able to reap the rewards... or roll the eye is closed again.

Tom took his usual army

Sorcerer Lord Level 4 MoT
Esheild Crown of Conquest. Homunculus Disk. Power Fam
(Flickering Fire, Pandemonium, Treason of Tzeentch, Gateway)

Sorc Lv 2 MoT, Blood of Tzeentch
(Flickering Fire, Gateway)

Sorc LV 2 MoS, Puppet
(Lash of Slaanesh, Hell Shriek)

Sorc LV 2 MoN, Spell Fam Dispel Scroll
(Buboes, Plague Squall, Rot, Glorious Rot)

5 Mhorse Flails Music
5 Mhorse Flails music
10 Chaos Warriors MoN additional hand weapons, full command
5 Chaos Knights, champion Musician
5 Chaos Knights, champion
3 Dragon Ogres

Hellcannon
Spawn MoS
Spawn MoS

I mainly needed to watch out for the Knights and the Sorcerers, Gateway and Rot could cause me some real problems with only 4 dispel dice I would need to kill some casters quickly and hope his casting rolls were of their usual dreadful standard.

Terrain was largely irrelevant, there was a hill for Tom's Hellcannon and a wood on the far right.
His forces lined up with the Hellcannon on the left along with the Dragon Ogres and Warriors. All the Cavalry units took the the centre with the spawn on the right hand side. My forces put a unit of dogs and Marauders with Shadow Sorcerer on the left, more dogs, Warriors, Chosen and Dragon Ogres in the middle and my knights, more Marauders dogs, war shrine Fire wizard and Lord on the right flank. I won the roll and chose to go first. Chosen got +1 Attack – nice :)

Chaos Undivided Turn 1
Army runs up, Lord detaches so as to get better sight of things to kill. War shrine gives my Knights +1 Attack fun times :)

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
His army also runs forward, there's no tactics here I feel other than charge for the glory of the Gods. Flickering fire kills a few Marauders, Buboes wounds my Shadows sorcerer. Flickering Fire from the other caster rolls S2 and doesn't harm the Knights. Hellcannon kills a single Marauder, failing their panic test and the re roll they retreat to within 2” of the board edge.

Chaos Undivided Turn 2
Knights Charge one of his blocks of Knights, Lord charges their flank. Doom and Darkness is cast onto his Dragon Ogres. Marauders rally. War shrine rolls the Eye is Closed onto my Dragon Ogres. In the combat phase Zargon fluffs his attacks but his Horse stamps down the Knight Champion. Despite the fact that between us we roll 77 dice not a single knight from either side falls thanks to their armour saving throws being of the epic level. The Knights hold.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2.
His second block of Knights flank charge my Knights. Spawn 1 flank charges my Lord. Both sets of Marauder Horse charge my Chaos Warriors. Chaos Warriors charge a unit of my hounds who fail to run far enough and are caught. Doom and Darkness is resisted. Flickering Fire accounts for 2 Chosen, Treason of Tzeentch is cast on them too but none fall thanks to their armour. Hellcannon really hates the Marauders and blasts 5 more of them to death. Marauder Horse kill a single Chaos Warrior, I throw all of my attacks at one unit of them wiping them out with 4 wasted wounds. Their friends decided 'bugger this' and head for the hills. In the Knight battle we both lose a Knight each, my Lord has still left his fighting sword at home and manages a single wound to the Spawn. I lose but pass both break tests thanks to the nearby BSB.

Chaos Undivided Turn 3
My Chaos Warriors flank charge his (doggies didn't die in vain) My magic is again stopped. The Mark of Nurgle on his Warriors proves the decider as I mess my attacks up, he slays 2 of my Warriors despite my flank charge I've lost and my warriors flee through my Dragon Ogres who thankfully don't panic. Lord finally gets his act together and kills the Spawn. I lose another 3 knights but again hold firm. I've now got 2 knights vs 3 knights to the front and 5 to the side. My Lord is also on the flank of the front knights.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Chaos Warriors charge Dragon Ogres. Poor dice rolls see just 1 Chosen die to Flickering Fire. Hellcannon keeps pounding the Marauders killing another 6. The Chaos Warrior champion wounds the Dragon Ogre champion who smashes him into a bloody pulp in return. One Dragon Ogre is killed by the Warriors but the remaining one smashes the Nurgle Wizard with his great hammer. The Dragon Ogres lose and break but get away. (the eye was shockingly closed) in the Knight fight my Lord kills the 3 Knights next to him taking him out of the combat. This leaves one of my knights still flanked by 4 of his but fighting bravely on.

Chaos Undivided Turn 4
War hounds charge the Slaanesh Sorcerer. Chosen charge the Knights flank. All my fleeing friends rally. I manage to cast fireball onto the Sorcerer Lord but fail to wound him. The hounds and Sorcerer fail to score a single hit and the hounds are left looking exposed. The Chosen kill 2 knights BSB kills the champion (he now causes fear) but insane courage holds the last one in place.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Dragon Ogres charge the War hounds Spawn Charges Lord. Chaos Warriors again charge the Dragon Ogres. Gateway is cast – at S2 (lol) a single Marauder dies. The Sorcerer Lord also gets Gateway off at S4 (lol) killing the last unit of dogs. Hellcannon is bored of shooting Marauders and eats 2 of his crew instead. War hounds are unsurprisingly hacked to ribbons by the Dragon Ogres. The Chaos Warriors can't wound my Dragon Ogres who kill 2 back to draw the combat, the musician means I lose, but hold. The last Chaos Knight is killed. Lord again manages a single wound to the Spawn.

Chaos Undivided Turn 5
Chosen charge the rear of the Chaos Warriors fighting the Dragon Ogres. There's not much chance I can get across the board to the Dragon Ogres or Hellcannon, and I'll never catch the Disk Lord and will have to try magic. But not a single spell gets through. Lord finally kills the Spawn and the Chaos Warriors are trapped between a rock and a hard place and are beaten, chased down and caught.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Likewise, there's no chance he's going to get anywhere, he's got the Hellcannon left along with the Dragon Ogres and 2 Sorcerers. The Sorcerers run around to get better shots off. Gateway is cast again at S2 against my Lord and I'm laughing my socks off. Hellcannon blasts 3 more Chosen to below half strength.

Chaos Undivided Turn 6
Can't catch him, can't cast anything.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
Gateway fires at the Chosen at S3. Hellcannon scatters away from the Dragon Ogres harmlessly.

Final Scores – Chaos Undivided 1248 Warriors of Chaos 466 difference 866 a Solid Victory to the forces of Chaos Undivided

Post Game Thoughts
Gateway S2,4,3,2,4. That could have been VERY different had those numbers been better. The sheer amount of bad luck Tom had throwing those probably was the difference.
That being said I didn't lose very much, my Warriors, a unit of Marauders the Chosen and Knights were at half strength and I'd lost all my dogs, whereas he had 3 of his heroes, the HC and Dogres left.
The Knight fight was epic and again a deciding factor, had he killed the last Knight and moved so the Chosen couldn't roll up the line the Warriors wouldn't have gotten sandwiched and I wouldn't have managed to preserve half Vps for the last Knight
My killy combat Lord was slightly disappointing with how long he got held by the Spawn for

Malorian
11-03-2010, 16:52
Gateway is very random like that. Glad to see it didn't take over the game by making units explode.

Cold_Blooded
12-03-2010, 17:42
Wood Elves vs Beastmen
2500 points

The past two armies in the tale have been easy to get hold of, Dwarfs and Lizardmen being my two armies. When Wood Elves were revealed to be March's army my initial thoughts were, 'oh bugger skirmishy shooters' but then I had an idea! I shall not only take part in the Tale, I shall play the army of the month myself each time, we have all the army books between our group anyway and the models we don't have can be proxies Not only would this be fun for writing the reports it would let me learn a new army each month too even if just for one game.
Although an all forest spirit army appealed to me at first I thought I'd try and play a more balanced force and try and get as much of everything in as I could

Wood Elf Army

Treeman Ancient. Annoyance of Netlings. Cluster of Radiants
Noble. Hail of Doom Arrow. Briarsheath. Scout.
Spell Slinger. L2. Calaingors Staff. Dispel Scroll (Tree Singing, Twilight Host)
Branchwraith. L1 (Tree Singing)

12 Glade Guard. Champion
12 Glade Guard
11 Dryads & Nymph
6 Scouting Glade Guard. Champion
6 Glade Riders - Music
6 Scouting Glade Guard. Champion

4 Treekin
8 Wardancers Bladesinger & Musician
4 Warhawk Riders
6 Wild Riders

6 Waywatchers. Shadow Sentinel

I ended up taking on Jack's Beastmen, a classic match up.

Beastman Army

Ashmorrag the Prince of Beasts, Beastlord
The Steel Claws, Ramhorn Helm, Gnarled Hide, Heavy Armour, Shield
Razorgor Chariot

Kavvir Bird-Speak, Bray Shaman (Oxen Stand, Hunters Spear)
Level 2 Upgrade, Staff of Darkoth

Kavagor Beast-Tongue , Bray Shaman (Wolf Hunts, Beast Cowers)
Level 2 Upgrade, Hagtree Fetish

The Fury of Grimmenhagen, Gorbull
Axes of Khorgor, Heavy Armour

5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders
10 Gors, musician additional hand weapons
10 Gors, musician additional hand weapons

Tuskgor Chariot
Tuskgor Chariot
Tuskgor Chariot

5 Centigors, Musician, Throwing Axes
3 Minotaurs, Bloodkine, Great Weapons
3 Minotaurs, Bloodkine, Additional Hand Weapons
2 Razorgors

Cygor
Gribblekin, Spawn
Gibberchild, Spawn

The battlefield was set up be a third party who went rather overboard on the woods. Placing a horseshoe shaped ring on one side of the field and a hill with a ruin on the other side. I took the side without the woods, figuring I could move them around to annoy the Beastmen I put my bonus woods in my deployment zone to shield my troops.

Jack didn't want much to do with the heavily wooded centre so put his Gorbull with Razorgors, Lord, Minos with additional weapons, Cygor, Chariot 1 and some Ungors on the left side. Gors and a spawn in the middle and the other Minos, Gors, Centigors and spawn on the right with the now trademark line of Ungors in front of the battle line.

I tired to counter this with my Dryads, Treekin and Wardancers with the Waywatchers and Glade guard Scouts advanced on the left. Ranked Glade Guard both on the hill in the centre. Cavalry, hawks, Treeman and noble on the right with more glade scouts further advanced.

Pre game thoughts
I'm either going to love or hate this army, no middle ground.
It's probably not a GREAT wood elf army, but it looked good to me
Technically there's not much difference than playing a skink heavy lizard army right?
Bait, flee, Combo charge. Got it ...
I discovered Battle Chronicler too late to use it on the report but have at least put together a shot of the start and the end of the battle to show rough places of deployment and survivors.

The Beastmen won the first turn and took it with a bellow – the fight was on!

Ashmorrag, Prince of Beasts surveyed his war host, the elves of the woods would feel his wrath by the end of the day, forests would burn and there would be good eating for his loyal minions. Stood astride his mighty chariot he sounded the bray horn and with cheers, growls and woops his forces surged forward. On the other side of the wooded grove the defenders by contrast took positions in silence, there were no words needed between them, elf and spirit alike new what needed to be done, the forest would be protected at all costs.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/VSWEstart.jpg

Beastmen Turn 1
Centigors are Sober. The whole army runs forward trying to stay clear of the woods. Magic is ineffective, but a lucky glade guard is unharmed by a hunters spear and the Wild Riders are stalled by the Beast Cowers.

Wood Elf Turn 1
There's no way I want to get too close to the oncoming left flank so do my best to redeploy, hoping to use the Waywatchers to bait the frenzied Gorbull, flee then counter charge with my Dryads and Treekin. Magic sees me move the left hand wood and my deployment zone wood around. The left side wood is to narrow the area the Beasts can fit through, the one in my deployment zone is largely for fun.
Shooting is very effective, 5 Gors, 2 Centigors, and 6 Ungors are killed. Both sets of Ungors and the Gors fail their panic tests and run for cover.

Beastmen turn 2
I've made a mistake here – the Frenzied Gorbull can charge the Waywatchers or the Dryads and he elects to charge the Dryads who can't flee. Bugger. The Gors rally, the Ungors don't. The Wolf Hunts is scrolled to stop the Cygor charging my left side scouts. A lobbed rock kills a Wardancer. The Gorbull rips the Nymph apart but the ward saves keep most of the dryads safe from the Razorgors, Branchwraith wounds a Razorgor but I lose and flee, escaping as the Mino is bloodgreedy and can't chase far.

Wood Elf Turn 2
Glade Scouts fail terror due to the Cygor and leg it. My left flank looks vulnerable now my plan has failed and I've got a spawn and Beastlord bearing down on me too. Waywatchers realise they're in mortal danger but hold firm to fire shots. My magic fails to do very much at all. Shooting sees a wound put on a chariot and 2 onto the Cygor. The Waywatchers aim for the Lord, hoping for a sneaky killing blow, but they fail to wound. It was only later I realised the plan wouldn't have worked anyway – S3 against T5 means I'd have needed 6's to wound so couldn't have scored a KB even had I rolled higher than a 2

Beastmen Turn 3
Gorbull and Razorgors charge the Wardancers, Ungors charge the fleeing Glade Guard who run, panicking the Spellslinger. Beastlord charges Waywatchers who try to flee but are ran down. On the right more Ungors charge the glade scouts. Beast Cowers is cast on my Glade Riders who are now trapped in charge range of Minotaurs. The Ungors lose to the Glade Guard scouts but hold. The Wardancers are beaten despite me trying to hold with the Ward Save dance, they too escape but they're rampaging across my left flank as is the Lord.

Wood Elf Turn 3
I'd love to charge the Beastlord with my Treekin, but the Spawn is in the way, if I beat it I can overrun, but if I don't he'll counter charge me, I go for it anyway. Dryads flank the Razorgors. Treeman Ancient charges the Centigors who flee. Fleeing troops rally. Spellslinger puts the Twilight Host onto the Treekin so they now cause Terror. Tree singing moves some more trees which makes me smile. Shooting drops the Cygor. Noble picks his moment and shoots the Hail of Doom Arrow into the Gors with Kavagor, I roll an epic 17 shots, the unit is destroyed and Kavagor is wounded but passes panic. Glade guard finish off the Ungors Dryads are only fighting a Razorgor on the flank and win, wounding it twice more, but they hold. Treekin disgrace themselves and wound the Spawn but once.

Beastmen Turn 4
Centigors fail to rally and leave. Lord charges the Treekin. The trapped Glade Riders are charged by the great weapon Minotaurs and are caught. The Gorbull moves to the flank of his unit... Uh oh. Gorbull slays the Branchwraith, Dryads break but get away again. Impact hits and the Lord manage 2 wounds on the Treekin, Treekin do 2 to the Spawn and 1 to the Chariot so I've won the combat, he causes fear, I cause terror ... He rolls insane courage. Damn

Wood Elf Turn 4
Wardancers jump the Razorgors in the flank. Wild Riders charge the remaining Gors. Tree singing kills 4 foolish Ungors who'd wandered into a wood. Twilight Host back onto the Treekin – I have a plan. A chariot is destroyed by massed bow fire. Wild Riders and Gors play out a draw. Treekin beat the Lord who breaks but gets away. Wardancers kill a Razorgor, the blasted things still hold.

Beastmen Turn 5
Lord Rallies. Minotaurs move to threaten the Treekin should they charge the Lord. Other Minotaurs move close to the Treeman but don't want to charge as I might have the Netlings as they have a champion. I do. Gorbull rips the last 3 Wardancers limb from limb. Wild Riders break the Gors and run them down.

Wood Elf Turn 5
Treekin charge Lord who fails fear and runs, Treekin crash into the Minotaurs instead. Warhawks charge the Ungors who Kavagor has joined. I don't want to charge the Razorgors again, the only thing I could use is the Dryads, but they lost to the flank so would get mushed in the front. Instead I focus my shooting on the unit, wounding both the Gorbull and the last Razorgor twice each. Treeman Ancient strangle root kills a Mino and wounds another.
Warhawks utterly fail me, losing 2 of their number for no wounds, they fall back which is a nice rule. The Treekin and Minotaurs play out a draw losing a man each. There's now 2 on 2.

Beastmen Turn 6
Beastlord fails to rally. Both Chariots charge a block of Glade guard, one flees, one stands and takes it. Spawn charges the Wild Riders. Gorbull and Razorgor charge the Dryads. Minos want nothing to do with the Treeman and dodge his charge arc.
Chariot manages to fluff its rolls and draw with the Glade guard, spawn rolls 7 attacks and mauls the Wild Riders. Razorgor and Gorbull again mush the Dryads, the one survivor flees the table. Treekin go wild killing one Mino and leaving the champion fleeing on 1 wound left.

Wood Elf turn 6
Treekin chase the last Mino off. Fleeing ranked glade guard don't rally and leave. Strangle root rips the cowardly Minos up panicking the last man. Spawn again rolls 7 attacks and eats the Wild Riders. Chariot loses to Glade guard and holds.

Game Over

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/VSWEend.jpg

Wood Elves 2106 vs Beastmen 1095 – difference – 1011 – A Solid Victory to the Wood Elves

Post Game Thoughts
Seriously bad luck for Jack's Beastlord to fail the two leadership tests in a row, that probably made things worse than they should have been for him.
Treekin are seriously badass. The T5 rather than 4 was the difference between them and the Minos and let them take the charge from the Lord.
Losing the Waywatchers was my own inexperience with the army showing and a shame as they'd have been fun to use more.
I really enjoyed my shooting phase a lot, and Tree Singing was fun, however I think my friends would get sick of me being the Wood Elves too often. I can see them being a very strong army in the right hands, but they're not for me.
I felt very bad for Jack, his beasts have been on a bit of a losing streak lately and taking a heavy loss to someone who'd only picked up the army book that day seems to have stung him into wanting to go back to his Dark Elves. I do hope he doesn't I hate Dark Elves.

The blood of the beasts covered the ground, although the Beastlord had escaped the field his forces lay in ruins, the few survivors would flee into the woods and the the woods would claim them. Perhaps they would learn this time that this was not the place for them. But if they came back, the same fate would await them, death at the hands of the forest.

Malorian
12-03-2010, 20:34
I really like the look of that beastmen list. All those throw away units gives him a lot of options.

Had those LD tests not been failed he would have done better but you still would have won.

Thanks for the report.

Seabo
13-03-2010, 02:19
very interesting Beastman list. I really like the weapon loadout of the lord. Too bad his dice failed him...
Dang you fickle dice gods!:p

Cold_Blooded
18-03-2010, 19:35
Warriors of Chaos vs Beastmen. 2500 points

Warriors of Chaos army
Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch Rune sword, Barded Steed.
Sorcerer of Tzeentch Level 2 (starts with Dragon Ogres)
Sorcerer of Tzeentch Level 2 (starts with Warriors)
Sorcerer of Tzeentch Level 2 (starts with Hellcannon)

5 Marauder Horsemen
5 Marauder Horsemen
10 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle

5 Chaos Knights with Banner of Wrath
5 Chaos Knights
4 Dragon Ogres

2 Spawn of Slaanesh
Hellcannon

Beastmen Army

Beast lord in Chariot
Gorebull (starts with Gors)
Wargor BSB
Bray Shaman (2 scrolls)

25 Gors
14 Gors (ambushers)
3 units of 5 Ungors (1 unit as ambushers)
5 Warhounds
2 Chariots

5 Centigors
2 units of 3 Minotaurs
5 Harpies

Giant
Cygor

As ever played on our realms of battle game board. The battlefield was set with the two flat spaces in the the centre and the hills on either side. However we used the flat sides that are usually on the outside edge of the board as impassable steep cliffs. This had the effect of putting a pass between the two hills which couldn't be climbed from the valley below. We'd not tried this set up yet but it looked tricky as it would funnel the troops into a very bloody clash in the middle, which is just how the forces of Chaos like it.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map01.jpg

The Beastmen won the first turn.

Beastmen Turn 1
Not much to do but race forwards. Shaman tries to cast Bears Anger on himself and fails. Everyone has marched so no shooting.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map02.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
The inevitable charge didn't come with the warriors content to stand back for now with just the Dragon Ogres on the far left and the Spawns on the right moving. The Cygor's gaze spooked the lord and the sorcerer with the warriors. Flickering Fire kills 3 Gors, the Cygor is wounded by the same spell from the Hellcannon sorcerer. Gateway from the lord is scrolled, he then miscasts on an attempt at flickering fire giving the Beastmen a free Bears Anger to the Bray Shaman.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map03.jpg

Beastmen turn 2
Ambushers don't turn up. Everyone else heads into the jaws of death. Shots from the Ungors on the ridge in the woods kill a Marauder Horseman. Bears Anger is dispelled.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map04.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
Marauder Horse charge the hounds who flee, the Horsemen crash into the Minotaurs instead. The other Horsemen charge Ungors who flee panicking a chariot and the Horsemen go into the Cygor. The Lord joins the Knights near to him. Twin Flickering Fire and Gateway account for 16 Gors leaving the unit in ruins. The Cygor is wounded twice by flails but kills all but one of the Horsemen who break, the Cygor chases them landing just in front of the Knights and Warriors. The other horsemen fail to harm the Minotaurs who again slay all but one, but blood greed means they only go an inch.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map05.jpg

Beastmen Turn 3
Ambushers arrive on the right. Cygor charges the Warriors figuring the Knights are too much. Gorebull frenzy charges them too. Lord fails fear to charge a spawn. Chariot fails fear to charge a spawn. Centigors fail fear to charge the Dragon Ogres, Giant hits them anyway. Fleeing chariot rallies as do Ungors Hounds do not.
Giant smashes a Dragon Ogre with his club turning it to goo. He takes 3 wounds back however. Gorebull slaughters unit champion, Cygor kills 2 warriors, but the fight is a draw, the warriors have a musician but both Beasts hold.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map06.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Here come the Knights. Wrath knights slam the Cygor. Lords knights hit the Minotaurs. Hellcannon charges the other Minotaurs. Spawn charges the Lord. Magic is stopped but at the cost of the last scroll. Knights wound the Cygor, a bold horse finishes him off, Gorebull kills the Sorcerer but flees and escapes. Spawn takes 2 wounds but the Beast lord can't finish him off. Lord and Bloodkin fail to wound each other, knights kill the other two Minotaurs and break the unit and run them down. Hellcannon does 3 wounds killing a Minotaur his sorcerer is killed in the challenge with the Bloodkin, Minotaurs lose and are ran down by the Hellcannon. Giant tries his thump with club attack again but the Dragon Ogre dodges, Giant is killed.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map07.jpg

Beastmen Turn 4
Chariot charges Hellcannon. Centigors flank charge Dragon Ogres. Wargor, Gors and Harpies charge the Chaos Warriors. Last chariot charges the Lords knights. Hounds flee for their lives. Gorebull flees into Warriors and is destroyed.
Hellcannon takes 7 impact hits from the chariot which cause it 3 wounds. Hellcannon is annoyed by this and wound it back twice. Chariot ramming the knights rolls a 1 for impact hits followed by another 1 to wound. This goes badly for the chariot which is destroyed by the chaos knights. Centigors do 2 wounds to a Dragon Ogre, it kills 1 back so they're no longer US5 and the combat is a draw. The fight in the middle goes very badly. The Wargor kills a chaos warrior, his friends fail. The harpies lose 4 of their number, the Gors 2 and the BSB is wounded. The Harpies and Gors flee The BSB insanely fights on. Lord kills the spawn.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map08.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Both knight units turn about to get better lines of sight to what's left. Spawn charges the Ungors Magic destroys the fleeing Gors. Chaos Warriors kill the Wargor and claim the Battle Standard.
Hellcannon finishes off the chariot attacking it. Dragon Ogres do the same to the Centigors. Spawn eats the Ungors and chases the last 2 off the board.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map09.jpg

Beastmen Turn 5
Lord charges the Hellcannon. Ambush Gors sneak around the back.
Ungors ready their bows but the knights are having non of it. Impact hits destroy the Hellcannon and the Beast lords attacks slay the Chaos Dwarfs.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map10.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Sorcerer leaves the Dragon Ogres to go hunting the Bray Shaman in the woods. Lord leaves his Knights to do some magic. Knights move towards the last few targets. Spawn shuffles away from the Beast lord
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map11.jpg

Beastmen Turn 6
Bray Shaman charges the Sorcerer. Gors try and charge the Chaos Knights, but are just out, now they're in trouble. Bray Shaman tries to cast Bear's Anger, but 5 Dispel Dice are too much for him. Ungors open fire on the Chaos Lord, who againts the odds takes a wound. Shaman is wounded by Sorcerer.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map12.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
Knight charge Ungors who fail fear and flee. Wrath Knights charge Gors. Lord magic's the last unit of Ungors to death. Sorcerer kills Shaman. Knights break and run down Gors.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WoCvBeast_map13.jpg

Game End
Beastmen Survivors
Beast lord
2 fleeing Ungors – VP's earned 793

Warriors of Chaos
Sorcerer Lord
Sorcerer
7/10 Chaos Warriors
5/5 Knights
5/5 Knights
3/4 Dragon Ogres
1 Spawn
3 Table Quarters & BSB captured. VP's Earned – 2531

Difference – 1738 – A Massacre to the Warriors of Chaos

Thoughts
Ouch that was a harsh result for the Beastmen. The terrain didn't help as it gave the Knights a very wide killing field but after the turn of failed charges it was all pretty much over. From turn 4 onwards it was just mopping up.
For a change Tom's magic behaved itself with his spells chipping away at the Centigors and Minotaurs so they were less dangerous when they charged and ripping the Gors apart.

Jack of Blades
18-03-2010, 20:52
There's nothing quite like a battle between two armies that are bent on doing the same thing - getting close and beating the living nuts out of eachother :)

Cold_Blooded
19-03-2010, 19:29
Warriors of Chaos vs Bretonnia

Bretonnia Army

Duc Toni Du Tigre
Lance of Artois, virtue of stoicism

BSB Franc le Ver
Virtue of Duty

Paladin Eddie l'Aigle
Rides Royal Pegasus

Marcel the Morse
Virtue of Empathy

Nabalie le Papillon
Damsel.

8 Knights of the Realm (with Lord)
10 Knights of the Realm War banner (with BSB)
2 units of 10 Bowmen
10 Skirmish Bowmen
30 Men at Arms (with foot hero)
4 Pegasus Knights
8 Grail Knights (with damsel)

Warriors of Chaos Army
Zlupadupa Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch
Underling Sorcerer of Tzeentch (with Dragon Ogres)
Flue Sorcerer of Nurgle (with Hellcannon)
Pox Sorcerer of Nurgle (with Warriors)

2 Units of 5 Horsemen with Flails
12 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle with additional hand weapons
2 units of Chaos Knights, one has the Banner of Wrath
4 Dragon Ogres
Hellcannon
2 Spawn of Slaanesh

Simple battlefield set up, a wood on the right hand side, an area of ruins in the Bretonnia deployment zone and a stone circle (provides cover) in the Warriors deployment zone.
The Bretonnian forces prayed, the Warriors were content to sit back and let them take the first turn anyway.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map01.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 1
Knights move up slightly, hoping to stay out of Chaos Cavalry charge range while letting themselves have the option to charge in next turn if they advance too far. Nabalie manages to wound a Dragon Ogre with a spell. The bowmen on the left shoot like crazy, scoring 5 wound (needing 5's to hit then 6's to wound) on a spawn killing it before it has a chance to move.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map02.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
Chaos forces advance, Horsemen go in two lines to try and force the Errants to charge one and overrun into the next and get stuck. Magic sees some lucky dispel attempts stop Buboes and the blessing of the Lady saves the Knights of the Realm from a blast of S7 Flickering Fire.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map03.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 2
Knights Errant decided to ignore the danger and impetuously charge the Horsemen. Everyone else takes positions to try a counter attack. Knights Errant kill 3 of the Horsemen who break away, Errants pursue into the Horsemen behind.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map04.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
Wrath Knights flank charge Knights Errant. Lord and his Knights charge the Knights of the Realm with Battle Standard. Magic sees Cloying Quagmire suck 6 Men at Arms to their deaths. Lord slays the Knight of the Realm champion, but the effect of the Battle Standard, ranks, virtue of duty and War banner means the Bretonnians win, but the Chaos Knights hold. Knights Errant do much worse, losing all but 3 of their number they need a re roll from the Battle Standard to get insane courage and hold.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map05.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 3
Lord and his Knights charge the Dragon Ogre, Pegasus Knights go in the flank. Grail Knights charge the flank of the Chaos Lord's Knights. Men at Arms charge the Spawn. Pegasus Hero tries to charge the fleeing Horsemen but falls short. Combat sees the Dragon Ogres lose 2 of their number for no loss, they flee away. Pegasus Knights hold, but the Lord feels the need to pursue into the Hellcannon. Spawn is chopped down by the Men at Arms who don't overrun so as not to give the Chaos Warriors the charge. Knights Errant are slain to a man. Battle Standard is wounded by the Chaos Lord, Grail Knights kill 3 of his knights and break and run down the unit.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map06.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Horsemen flank Charge Knights of the Realm with Battle Standard, there's only 3 vs 5 but its a flank charge and if their flails can kill one of the two knights they'll be touching it'll be worth it. Wrath Knights charge the Grail Knights head on. Combat sees the Bretonnian Lord and his horse roll all ones to hit the Sorcerer in the challenge. The Sorcerer feels this is the way to fight and copies the trick. Horses kick two Chaos Dwarfs to death, but the Knights lances only wound the Hellcannon once. Horsemen fail their bold bid, do no wounds and are killed. Grail Knights and Chaos Knights begin to duel.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map07.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 4
Pegasus Hero charges Dragon Ogres flank – The Sorcerer is exposed so I figured I'd try a sneak assassination flight. Men at Arms charge Chaos Warriors. In the combat phase the incompetence of my heroes knows no bounds. The Lord can't wound the Hellcannon sorcerer, despite throwing all our attacks even the last Chaos Dwarf lives on. Foot Knight can't even hit the Nurgle unit champion and is wounded for his efforts, 5 of his Men die but he passes break. The Pegasus Hero misses utterly, loses to a fear causing foe and flees with the Dragon Ogres hot on his hoofs. Grail Knights at least do me proud breaking and running down the Chaos Knights.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map08.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Dragon Ogres charge fleeing Pegasus Hero driving him off the board. Lord Finally kills the Sorcerer and his Knights kill the last Chaos Dwarf. More Men at Arms die but the nearby Battle Standard keeps me safe, foot Knight and Champion still fight on.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map09.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 5
Skirmish Archers flank charge Chaos Warriors. Knights try and get ready to charge something. Pegasus Knights try to charge Hellcannon, fail Terror and flee the board. Lord puts 2 more wounds on the Hellcannon, it wounds him once. Archers and Men at Arms alike are killed, at least the Hero dispatched the unit champ but both units break, Men are run down and archers leg it toward the edges.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map10.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Underling detaches as he heads one way and the Dragon Ogres head another to avoid the Grail Knights. Chaos Warriors turn around, Pox gets Buboes through to kill the wounded Battle Standard. Lord and Knights ping off the Hellcannon who can't get past the ladies blessing. Both the Lord and the Hellcannon have two wounds left.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map11.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 6
Grail Knights charge the lone Sorcerer Bowmen flee the field. Lord wounds the Hellcannon which still can't harm him.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map12.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
Tzeentch sorcerer doesn't rally and flees. Pox wounds the Damsel with Buboes. Lord lands 3 hits onto the Hellcannon, 2 of them wound, it saves them all. It hits him 3 times in return, wounds twice, I make one armour save, blessing of the Lady to save him ... no its a 3 and the Lord falls.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WOCVBret_map13.jpg

Game End
Bretonnia Survivors
Nabalie (wounded)
4/10 Knights of the Realm
5/8 Knights of the Realm
Both units of Bowmen
4/8 Grail Knights (captured the Chaos Knight Banner)
2 Table Quarters & General Slain bonus
VP Earned - 2198

Warriors of Chaos Survivors
Pox
7/12 Chaos Warriors
2/4 Dragon Ogres
Hellcannon
General Slain bonus.
VP Earned 1610

Difference – 588 a Minor Victory to the Bretonnians!

Thoughts
First time I've played with the Bretonnians in ages, I can remember why I got fed up of them, win on the charge or don't win at all.
Oh and the Heroes – for me Bret heroes should always be in the thick of it, fighting enemy heroes and monsters. Sadly mine can only roll 1's in those situations.
Poor Men at Arms, died in droves against the Chaos Warriors
Still love Grail Knights. Tom is thinking of marking his Knights Tzeentch as he loved the added survivability the ward gave them

Cold_Blooded
25-03-2010, 01:04
Orcs & Goblins vs. Skaven. 2500 points

The Orcs and Goblins were my first ever army when I started playing Warhammer. I had a few models from Hero Quest and Battle Masters very old games by GW, added to these were the goblins (and cardboard cut outs) from the 5th edition boxed set. I soon grabbed Grom and a Wyvern and my Goblins were my first army. Coming back to them now the Greenskins don’t seem to have changed, although I miss the Crown of Command and would have loved to be able to take a Goblin horde and have a prayer. Ceejay and his Skaven were to be my opponent and this would be a very tough game.

Zugbug the Black Orc addressed his Greenskin hordes, ”Dem Rats finks dey’s so smart wiv der stupid gunz an’ bell fink, but dey ain’t so tough, we’ll bash ‘em gud ladz … WAAAAAAGH!” Across the valley from him the Grey Seer known only as ‘The Goudafather’ addressed his Skaven horde with just two words “Kill Kill!”

Orcs and Goblins Army - Waaaagh! Zugbug
Zugbug - Black Orc Warboss. Riding Boar, Iron Gnashers, Alright Axe, Best Boss Hat
Kram - Black Orc BSB. Riding Boar, Best Basha. Enchanted Shield
Sleeked - Goblin Boss. Riding Wolf, One Hit Wonder
Mognor - Goblin Shaman. Riding Wolf Chariot, Dispel Scroll, Hitty Ring

25 Orc Boyz (with Kram)
25 Orc Big Un’s with Spirit Totem (with Zugbug)
30 Goblin Spears (with fanatic)
25 Goblin Arrer Boyz (with fanatic)
20 Goblin Arrer Boyz
5 Wolf Riders with short bows
5 Spider Riders
15 Black Orcs (with Sleekid)
7 Squig Hoppers
Rock Lobba
2 Spear Chukkas
Doom Diver
‘Ed the Giant

Skaven Army - The Edamned Horde
The Goudafather’ Grey Seer ‘Screaming Bell, Portents of Verminous Doom
Harmesam - Plague Priest. Level 2. Flail
Stilton - Engineer. Level 2 Condenser
Brie - Chieftain. BSB. Sacred Standard of the Horned Rat

25 Clanrats with Spears (pushing the bell, doom flayer)
25 Clanrats (with Stilton and warpfire thrower)
25 Storm vermin (with Brie and Poison Wind Mortar)
18 Giant Rats with 2 Packmasters and Skweel Gnaw tooth (Regenerate)
25 Slaves
7 Poisoned Wind Globadiers
3 Rat Ogres, 2 Pack Masters
Plague Claw Catapult
Hellpit A-bomb

Battlefield has a tower on the left side and a large wood on the right.
Grey Seer knows Wither, Vermintide, Death Frenzy and the 13th Spell
Plague Priest knows Pestilent Breath and Wither
Engineer knows Warp Lightning and Death Frenzy
Goblin Shaman knows Gork’ll Fix It and Foot of Gork
Orcs won the roll and opted to take the first turn
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map01.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 1
I’m pleased to see no Doomwheel, but the A-bomb is going to be a major threat. I hope I can wear it down with some long range fire and then let the Giant or Warboss finish it off. The woods means the far flank of Clanrats and Giant Rats will be hard pushed to get into the main battle. I’ll also need to keep Mork’s Spirit Totem and Mognor safe otherwise twin Withers will turn my ladz into squishy paste.
I ran the whole army up, Wolf Riders and Spider Riders went further thanks to ‘We’ll Show ‘Em’
Foot of Gork is dispelled and I hold off revealing the ring for now.
A great rock lobba shot smashes into the Stormvermin killing 8 of them. A Spear Chukka kills another 3 but the nearby Seer keeps them in check.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map02.jpg

Skaven Turn 1
A-bomb heads 10” forward, Globadiers take the tower. Slaves trigger the Spear Goblins fanatic but I send it spinning towards the A-bomb but it doesn’t reach but will hopefully give the Rat Ogres something to think about. Magic is largely stopped, but Vermintide wounds the Giant and kills a Black Orc. The Plague Claw Catapult misfires and can’t shoot. Globadiers shower the Wolf Riders with shots, but there’s a lot of 1’s in the to hit rolls, when the gas clears a Wolf Rider is dead, but so are 2 Globadiers who panic and run.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map03.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 2
I’m wondering if the Giant can kill the A-bomb, it’s probably my best chance at the moment, so he and the Goblin Hero charge the A-bomb. The Spear Goblins charge the Slaves in a fight of the dross. Magic still can’t happen. Wolf Riders shoot the Mortar team down. One Hit Wonder sends 3 S10 hits onto the A-bomb, it Regenerates them all. Giant Tries to smack it with his club, A-bomb dodges the clumsy strike. Retaliating with Flailing Fists Sleekid is killed. Giant passes break. Spear Gobs totally miss the Slaves, Slaves kill 1. The combat is a tie.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map04.jpg

Skaven Turn 2
Screaming Bell charges the Orc Boyz who flee. Doomflayer passes Terror to charge the Giant. Rat Ogres charge the Black Orcs. Globadiers don’t rally and leave the fray. The Bell Chimes Deafening Peals with damages the war machines and destroys the Doom Diver Catapult. Plague Priest Withers the Black Orcs.
Plague Claw Catapult kills 2 of the Doom Divers crew with a scattered shot, Warpfire Thrower overshoots and kills a Squig. The Doomflayer wounds the Giant twice and the A-bomb finishes him off with another barrage of Flailing Fists. Black Orcs are mauled by the Rat Ogres, Priest slays the unit champion in a challenge, Black Orcs break but get away but panic Mognor on the way. Goblins and Slaves tie again.

Orc and Goblin Turn 3
Big Un’s Squabble. Big Un’s are 3” in front of the Rat Ogres, so this is a major blow and having lost the Giant is the very last thing I wanted to happen. All fleeing troops rally. Squig Hoppers bounce into the flank of the Engineers clanrats. Magic can’t get through, but the Hitty Ring wounds the A-bomb. Shooting slams a rock and spear into him, it Regenerates them both. Wolf Riders shoot the Doomflayer. All the arrrer boyz fire at the bell, however it is far too tough and the Seer is watched over by the Horned Rat so 30 shots turn into zero wounds. Squigs kill 9 clanrats but somehow the Clanrats pass their break test. We’re not surprised that the Slaves and Goblins draw again.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map06.jpg

Skaven Turn 3
Screaming Bell charges the Orcs again, this time I’m far too close to the edge to flee so have to hold. Giant Rats charge my Spider Riders. A-bomb rolls a 17 for movement and charges the Big Uns. The Rat Ogres charge them too. The Bell cast Scorch and kills 12 of the smaller Arrer Boyz. I opt to not try and dispel it figuring he’ll have worse spells. Ceejay promptly fails to cast a single spell successfully.
Plague Claw Catapult kills a Goblin Archer, they pass panic on LD5. Goblin Spears finally break the Slaves who are destroyed. The rest of the combat goes badly for the Orcs however. The Spiders are utterly wiped out by the Giant Rats. The Squig Hoppers lose 3 of their number to the Clanrats and are broken. The Bell Unit only beat the Orcs by 2 points, that’s a rerollable LD6 break - Ceejay announces the Seer has the Portents of Verminous Doom dropping my Leadership by 1. It’s pretty obvious that I roll 6 for both break tests, the Boyz break and are run down. The Warboss and Priest meet in a challenge, Priest can’t wound Zugbug who puts 3 wounds on the priest in return, but between the Rat Ogres and A-bomb I lose, the Orcs flee and escape, but I’ve lost the standard with Mork’s Spirit Totem. Things are looking very, very bleak.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map07.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 4
Desperate times call for Desperate Measures. The lone Doom Diver Crewman charges the Bell unit in the flank. He won’t win, but there’s the off chance that 2 clanrats won’t kill him and he might roll Insane Courage, but what I’d really like is for him to run and the Bell to chase him getting it away from my war machines and exposing it’s flanks to the Warboss. Black Orcs flank charge the Rat Ogres.
Zugbug and his Boyz rally the Squig Hoppers flee. Shooting makes me wonder how smart my plan was as I can’t shoot the bell now it’s in combat. Rock Lobba aims at the A-bomb, the shot is scattered slightly and hits the Rat Ogres too, A-bomb Regenerates but one Rat Ogre is turned into a pancake. The Black Orcs break the Rat Ogres and overrun into the Flank of the A-bomb.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map08.jpg

Skaven Turn 4
Bell Unit Charge the Black Orcs. Rat Ogres rally. Giant Rats and Clanrats move to trap the Goblin Spears. Stormvermin are held off the Arrer boyz by a fanatic in the area. The Bell Chimes Deafening Peals again, destroying both Spear Chukkas. Engineer casts Warp Lightning but singes himself. Seer wounds himself with a bad chunk of Warpstone. Plague Claw Catapult scores a perfect hit on the Goblin Arrer boyz, killing 8 and panicking them. Black Orcs are wiped to an Orc. Bell continues to overrun toward Mognor.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map09.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 5
Warboss and Big Uns charge the A-bomb. Wolf Riders try to rear charge the Bell but fail fear. Everyone rallies. A rock lobba shot kills 8 Rats and Skweel is saved by a heroic rat. Shooting drops the Rat Ogres to 1 Ogre and 1 Packmaster. Warboss puts 3 wounds on the A-bomb, it fails its break test but just gets away from the ladz.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map10.jpg

Skaven Turn 5
A-bomb Rallies. Bell unit charge the Doom Diver crewman who flaps his wings to safety. I’d explained to Ceejay he’d already got full victory points, but by this point he hated the model. Rat Ogres charge the Bolt Thrower crew. Warp Lightning kills 3 goblins and Mognor is Withered. Plague Claw Catapult aims for Mognor, but it’s a misfire and I can replace the template - I hit the Bell unit, but the Horned Rat is watching them and of the 12 I hit none are wounded. Rat Ogre mauls 2 crewmen, the last one strikes the pack master down before being ran down.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map11.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 6
Nothing else for it, Warboss and mates charge the A-bomb. Goblins fear being sandwiched so try and break out by charging the clanrats, we’ve both got full ranks, he’s a standard, I’ve outnumber, so it’s a better chance than they’d have if the giant rats flank them. Rock Lobba scores a direct hit on the Bell Unit - but it’s a misfire and I roll a 1 and the Rock Lobba is destroyed. Goblins fluff their attacks, Clanrats kill 2 back and the Goblins break and are ran down. Warboss strikes the A-bomb 4 times, Ladz and Boars put another wound on it, it’s got 2 wounds left - Ceejay passes all his Regenerate rolls. Flailing Fists wounds Zugbug and kills 2 boyz, now I’m outnumbered, auto break and destroyed
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map12.jpg

Skaven Turn 6
Ceejay moves to claim some table quarters. Stormvermin charge the Wolf Riders who roll triple 1 to run and are caught. Bell tries to ring with 1 dice to move into Mognor but fails. A quick Wither and a blast of Warp Lightning (8 hits!) later sees him slain and his chariot wrecked. An earlier attempt to Vermintide was scrolled. Plague Claw Catapult has the final say killing 5 Arrer Gobs and panicking them off the table.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/SkvOr_map13.jpg

Orc and Goblin Survivors
7/20 Arrer Goblins
Doom Diver Crew (machine gone but he survived the heroic little bugger)
VP’s Earned 760

Skaven Survivors
Grey Seer
Chieftain
Engineer (wounded)
19/25 Clanrats
Warpfire Thrower
18/25 Clanrats
9/18 Giant Rats & Skweel (wounded)
11/25 Stormvermin
1/3 Rat Ogres
Plague Claw Catapult
Hellpit A-bomb (wounded)
1 Banner, 1 Battle Standard. General Slain Bonus, 2 Table Quarters
VP’s Earned - 2904

Difference - 2144 a Massacre Victory to the Skaven!

Post Game Thoughts
* Where did it all go wrong? It’s hard to look past the A-bomb really, it ate the Giant, The Black Orcs (twice) and the Big Uns (three times) It shrugged off magic, one hit wonders, choppas and my artillery barrage thanks to Ceejay’s insane luck with Regeneration rolls. This single handed won him the game.
* Honourable mentions to the Plague Claw Catapult and the Rock Lobba who both wracked up impressive body counts on the big blocks of troops that were on offer.
* I was worried about being torn apart in the magic phase but Mork’s Spirit Totem did me proud. Mognor didn’t have to use his scroll until Turn 6
* Wolf Riders also had a good run dealing with two of the weapon teams and threatening flank charges to keep Ceejay on his toes (maybe he over estimated them somewhat) Sad that they met the end they did.
* Failing Animosity on Turn 3 pretty much cost me the game. Warboss would have broke the Rat Ogres and overran into the A-bomb which might have helped.
* Lone Doom Diver crewman was a much better distraction than I’d have ever dreamed, he even rallied twice on LD5 after baiting and fleeing
* Ceejay was very disappointed in his Globadiers, I fear they may not get a run for a very long time.
* 2144 is the biggest margin of victory ever recording in our game group

“Orc things all dead-dead. Glory to Horned Rat!” It had been a total rout, the 235 Warpstone tokens the Abomination had cost had been well worth it, the beast had mauled its way through the Giant and the Leader of the Greenskins and his bodyguard. And with the amount of blows to the head it had taken there might even be some of the newly acquired Goblin slaves left alive when they got back to Skavenblight

Cold_Blooded
19-04-2010, 10:58
With a typical Orcy roll of 6 on the animosity chart I put my first Orc report in too early. Still the Greenskins are fun enough to play with so I set up another game. A bargain basement battle which in football terms would be called a relegation dogfight.

Goblins vs Beastmen 1500 pts

Goblin List
Sleekid – Night Goblin Big Boss on Wolf. Amulet of Protectyness Lucky Dirk
Wa-Kurran – Night Goblin Big Boss on Wolf with Battle Standard Bad Moon on a Stick
Mognor – Night Goblin Shaman with Scroll & 2 Mushrooms (spells 1+3)
30 Night Goblin Spears w Nets, FC and 2 Fanatics
30 Night Goblin Spears w Nets, FC and 1 Fanatic
20 Night Goblin Archers w Musician and 1 Fanatic
5 Wolf Riders
5 Spider Riders
2 Spear Chukkas
7 Squig Hoppers
25 Strong Squig Herd (10 Herders & 15 Squigs)
'Ed -Giant

Beastmen List
Wargor riding Chariot
Bray Shaman (lore of Death 1+5)
Gorbull
15 Gors
15 Gors (ambush)
3 units of 5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders (ambush)
5 Warhounds
3 Minotaurs
2 Razorgors
1 Jabberslythe

Sleekid da Awesome was a goblin blessed with an unshakable courage for a goblin. Despite what many had said he felt sure his goblins needed no Orcs for muscle, he knew in his gobliney heart that his mighty brain, tactics and a wall of other green bodies in the way would carry his forces to victory for Mork, or maybe Gork, he didn't really mind. He'd used his cunning to plot the best place to battle what he hoped would be an easy target. “Let's bash dem cow things lads, Waaaagh!”
Little did Sleekid know his less that stealthy approach had been noticed and his enthusiastic band was surrounded....

The Beastmen won the roll off and elected to go first.
I knew there would have been one nasty monster and it came as no surprise that it was the flying terror bomb known as the Jabberslythe. This would have to be target number 1 if the Goblins were to stand any sort of a chance in the battle.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map1.jpg

Beastmen Turn 1
Ambushing Gors roll a 6 and appear right behind my spear blocks. This triggers the Fanatics from both blocks. 5 Gors are smashed but the unit passes Panic and one of the Fanatics spins off the board. The Ambushing Ungors roll a 5 and come on the very bottom right corner behind 'Ed.
The rest of the army advances, the Jabberslythe making sure to fly what looks to me 14” away from the giant to taunt it.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map2.jpg

Goblins turn 1
No animosity ruins my plans, but those Gors might well do. Not wanting to get rear charged I turn both Spear blocks and the Wolf riders to face them. 'Ed moves to scare the Ungors as he can't reach the Jabberslythe and I won't be able to catch it. The Squig Hoppers roll a mighty 15” movement and bounce well ahead of the lines into the path of the Razorgors and their Gorbull friend. Bugger. A few shots from the archer unit kill 2 Ungors but both Spear Chukkas miss.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map3.jpg

Beastmen Turn 2
Ungors fail terror and flee. Razorgors frenzy charge the Squig Hoppers. Minotaurs move to behind Goblin Spears faster than I thought. Ambush Gors hold their position. Jabberslythe flies behind the archers and I forget their fanatic. Aura of Madness kills all but one of the Spider Riders who panic and can't rally. Razorgors and Gorbull bring the pain wiping the Squig Hoppers. At this point Jack notices he's forgotten his Warhounds who are judged to have gotten eaten by hungry Minotaurs on the way. Bonus 30vps for me :)
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map4.jpg

Goblins Turn 2
Arrer boys fail Terror and flee, panicking the Spear Chukka crew who annoyingly passed the Terror Test. All units try and charge the Gors who throw me by fleeing leaving the spear units exposed. Gork'll Fix It is cast on the Razorgors to try and help save some lads. And the remaining Spear Chukka hits the Razorgor unit but deals only a single wound.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map5.jpg

Beastmen Turn 3
Minotaurs charge 1 unit of spears in the backside, Razorgors charge the other in the side Jabberslythe charges the Squig Herd in the back. To be honest that's game over here and now, but I think it's only right to keep playing and let my opponent have the glory of finishing us off rather than packing my toys up and going home. Doom and Darkness is cast on the Generals unit. BSB holds his men in place with Stubborn but Sleekid and his boyz are broken and flee the battlefield as are the Squig Herd. The wild Squigs wipe the fleeing Spear Chukka crew and wound the Jabberslythe twice.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map6.jpg

Goblins Turn 3
'Ed runs as fast as his legs can carry him but can't quite reach the battle. Spear Chukka aims a hopeful shot at the Wargor and his chariot but it misses. More Night Goblins die but again the Bad Moon on a Stick keeps them fighting.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map7.jpg

Beastmen Turn 4
Minotaurs forced to Charge into the Night Goblins. Jabberslythe flies away from 'Ed to annoy the Spear Chukka. Combat sees everyone killed apart from Wa-Kurran, It's all too much for him and he flees the battle.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map8.jpg

Goblins Turn 4
Spear Chukka and Wolf Riders fail Terror and flee. Still I have 'Ed left and hope to spend the next few turns finally hitting something and move him up to get options for next turn
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map9.jpg

Beastmen Turn 5
Not wanting to play with the Giant the Bray Shaman casts Dark Hand of Death and the stupid level 1 Magic Missile puts 5 wounds onto him (6 hits, 5 rolls of 6 to wound!) the Ungor Skirmishers ruin my day by picking him off with bowfire.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map10.jpg

Game Over
Well there's no point counting Victory Points up as the only Goblins left on the Table are the captured standard bearers, Massacre Victory for the Beastmen

If you go down to the woods today you'd better not go alone. If you go down to the woods today you might see a Goblin bone. For every lad that ever there wuz was eaten there for certain because. Today's the day the Ungors have their picnic. Goblin Nursery Rhyme Written in Memory of the ladz

Thoughts:
* Terror did me in. I just didn't have chance to use my Spear Chukkas or Archers as the Beastmen won the first turn and stayed out of LOS
* Forgetting the Fanatic in the Archers probably wouldn't have saved them but it might have helped.
* My main tactical mistake was on my very first turn. I shouldn't have turned everything to face the Gors as by not getting into a fight and just waiting for me to go charging at them I fell played right into the Beastmen's hands (hoofs). In Hindsight just turning 1 unit of Spears and the Wolf Riders would have been enough.
* Stubborn LD6 will only get you so far
* The main disapointment tho was my Giant getting shot to bits, I expected it of the Goblins
* The plus point - Hopefully Jack might get some love back for his Beastmen now as He'd been rather down on them recently.

Things hadn't gone well Sleekid reflected. He and his Faithful Standard Bearer had escaped, of the other lads there was no sign. Still he reflected, it could be worse, he still had his Lucky Dirk and what more could a Goblin ask for. Apart from not being lost in Beastmen infested woods

Dungeon_Lawyer
19-04-2010, 12:33
With a typical Orcy roll of 6 on the animosity chart I put my first Orc report in too early. Still the Greenskins are fun enough to play with so I set up another game. A bargain basement battle which in football terms would be called a relegation dogfight.

Goblins vs Beastmen 1500 pts

Goblin List
Sleekid – Night Goblin Big Boss on Wolf. Amulet of Protectyness Lucky Dirk
Wa-Kurran – Night Goblin Big Boss on Wolf with Battle Standard Bad Moon on a Stick
Mognor – Night Goblin Shaman with Scroll & 2 Mushrooms (spells 1+3)
30 Night Goblin Spears w Nets, FC and 2 Fanatics
30 Night Goblin Spears w Nets, FC and 1 Fanatic
20 Night Goblin Archers w Musician and 1 Fanatic
5 Wolf Riders
5 Spider Riders
2 Spear Chukkas
7 Squig Hoppers
25 Strong Squig Herd (10 Herders & 15 Squigs)
'Ed -Giant

Beastmen List
Wargor riding Chariot
Bray Shaman (lore of Death 1+5)
Gorbull
15 Gors
15 Gors (ambush)
3 units of 5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders (ambush)
5 Warhounds
3 Minotaurs
2 Razorgors
1 Jabberslythe

Sleekid da Awesome was a goblin blessed with an unshakable courage for a goblin. Despite what many had said he felt sure his goblins needed no Orcs for muscle, he knew in his gobliney heart that his mighty brain, tactics and a wall of other green bodies in the way would carry his forces to victory for Mork, or maybe Gork, he didn't really mind. He'd used his cunning to plot the best place to battle what he hoped would be an easy target. “Let's bash dem cow things lads, Waaaagh!”
Little did Sleekid know his less that stealthy approach had been noticed and his enthusiastic band was surrounded....

The Beastmen won the roll off and elected to go first.
I knew there would have been one nasty monster and it came as no surprise that it was the flying terror bomb known as the Jabberslythe. This would have to be target number 1 if the Goblins were to stand any sort of a chance in the battle.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map1.jpg

Beastmen Turn 1
Ambushing Gors roll a 6 and appear right behind my spear blocks. This triggers the Fanatics from both blocks. 5 Gors are smashed but the unit passes Panic and one of the Fanatics spins off the board. The Ambushing Ungors roll a 5 and come on the very bottom right corner behind 'Ed.
The rest of the army advances, the Jabberslythe making sure to fly what looks to me 14” away from the giant to taunt it.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map2.jpg

Goblins turn 1
No animosity ruins my plans, but those Gors might well do. Not wanting to get rear charged I turn both Spear blocks and the Wolf riders to face them. 'Ed moves to scare the Ungors as he can't reach the Jabberslythe and I won't be able to catch it. The Squig Hoppers roll a mighty 15” movement and bounce well ahead of the lines into the path of the Razorgors and their Gorbull friend. Bugger. A few shots from the archer unit kill 2 Ungors but both Spear Chukkas miss.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map3.jpg

Beastmen Turn 2
Ungors fail terror and flee. Razorgors frenzy charge the Squig Hoppers. Minotaurs move to behind Goblin Spears faster than I thought. Ambush Gors hold their position. Jabberslythe flies behind the archers and I forget their fanatic. Aura of Madness kills all but one of the Spider Riders who panic and can't rally. Razorgors and Gorbull bring the pain wiping the Squig Hoppers. At this point Jack notices he's forgotten his Warhounds who are judged to have gotten eaten by hungry Minotaurs on the way. Bonus 30vps for me :)
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map4.jpg

Goblins Turn 2
Arrer boys fail Terror and flee, panicking the Spear Chukka crew who annoyingly passed the Terror Test. All units try and charge the Gors who throw me by fleeing leaving the spear units exposed. Gork'll Fix It is cast on the Razorgors to try and help save some lads. And the remaining Spear Chukka hits the Razorgor unit but deals only a single wound.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map5.jpg

Beastmen Turn 3
Minotaurs charge 1 unit of spears in the backside, Razorgors charge the other in the side Jabberslythe charges the Squig Herd in the back. To be honest that's game over here and now, but I think it's only right to keep playing and let my opponent have the glory of finishing us off rather than packing my toys up and going home. Doom and Darkness is cast on the Generals unit. BSB holds his men in place with Stubborn but Sleekid and his boyz are broken and flee the battlefield as are the Squig Herd. The wild Squigs wipe the fleeing Spear Chukka crew and wound the Jabberslythe twice.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map6.jpg

Goblins Turn 3
'Ed runs as fast as his legs can carry him but can't quite reach the battle. Spear Chukka aims a hopeful shot at the Wargor and his chariot but it misses. More Night Goblins die but again the Bad Moon on a Stick keeps them fighting.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map7.jpg

Beastmen Turn 4
Minotaurs forced to Charge into the Night Goblins. Jabberslythe flies away from 'Ed to annoy the Spear Chukka. Combat sees everyone killed apart from Wa-Kurran, It's all too much for him and he flees the battle.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map8.jpg

Goblins Turn 4
Spear Chukka and Wolf Riders fail Terror and flee. Still I have 'Ed left and hope to spend the next few turns finally hitting something and move him up to get options for next turn
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map9.jpg

Beastmen Turn 5
Not wanting to play with the Giant the Bray Shaman casts Dark Hand of Death and the stupid level 1 Magic Missile puts 5 wounds onto him (6 hits, 5 rolls of 6 to wound!) the Ungor Skirmishers ruin my day by picking him off with bowfire.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/GvB_map10.jpg

Game Over
Well there's no point counting Victory Points up as the only Goblins left on the Table are the captured standard bearers, Massacre Victory for the Beastmen

Thoughts:
* Terror did me in. I just didn't have chance to use my Spear Chukkas or Archers as the Beastmen won the first turn and stayed out of LOS
* Forgetting the Fanatic in the Archers probably wouldn't have saved them but it might have helped.
* My main tactical mistake was on my very first turn. I shouldn't have turned everything to face the Gors as by not getting into a fight and just waiting for me to go charging at them I fell played right into the Beastmen's hands (hoofs). In Hindsight just turning 1 unit of Spears and the Wolf Riders would have been enough.
* Stubborn LD6 will only get you so far
* The main disapointment tho was my Giant getting shot to bits, I expected it of the Goblins
* The plus point - Hopefully Jack might get some love back for his Beastmen now as He'd been rather down on them recently.

Things hadn't gone well Sleekid reflected. He and his Faithful Standard Bearer had escaped, of the other lads there was no sign. Still he reflected, it could be worse, he still had his Lucky Dirk and what more could a Goblin ask for. Apart from not being lost in Beastmen infested woods

Thats too bad, at least you are a good sport--A jABBER AGAINST gOBLINS Just isent right man....

Cold_Blooded
26-04-2010, 20:38
A Series of Unfortunate Events
A Set of Bretonnia vs Warriors of Chaos linked campaign games
Battle 1
“Breakthrough”

This battle was played using the Breakthrough Scenario from the Warhammer Rule book. The Attacker (Warriors of Chaos) would need to get a third of their points (500) into the Bretonnian deployment zone to claim victory. A Unit Strength of 5 or more is needed for this.

Yeomen riders had seen the Chaos Army coming, a small handful of Knights had been mustered along with a hastily formed Peasant militia No matter what the cost the invaders would not be allowed to take the town of Chapeau de Hérisson. Keeping them out would keep the supply routes open and allow a larger force to be raised as a counter attack

Warriors of Chaos Army
Exalted Hero Sword of Battle. Shield
Soc Lv 2 Mark of Tzeentch. Disk. Armour of Morsleeb. Flickering Fire. Pandemonium
Soc Lv 2 Mark of Tzeentch. Disk. Golden Eye. Flickering Fire. Call to Glory.
10 Chaos Warriors. Shields
10 Chaos Warriors. Additional Hand Weapons
3 Dragon Ogres
5 Chaos Knights
5 Chaos Knights

Bretonnia Army
Paladin. Pegasus Virtue of the Joust. Lance of Artois, Armour of Fortune
Paladin. BSB. Warhorse Virtue of Empathy
Damsel on Horse. Burning Gaze, Cleansing Flare.
Damsel Bear's Anger. Beast Cowers.

8 Knights of the Realm (FC)
25 Men at Arms (FC)
25 Men at Arms (FC)
12 Bowmen
12 Bowmen
10 Bowmen Skirmishers
5 Yeomen with Music
5 Yeomen with Music
Trebuchet

I'd deliberately taken a peasant heavy army here to represent the defenders of the Bretonnian town, so I was going to struggle to out-fight the Warriors, however as they are a points heavy set of chaps all I really needed to do was to stall the Warrior blocks as much as I could and pick off one of the faster units to claim victory.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map01.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 1
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map02.jpg
Knights of the Realm ride forward, Mounted Yeomen and Skirmisher Bowmen take the flanks. Men at Arms and Archers stand firm behind their wall/stakes. Magic sees a Burning Gaze kill 2 Chaos Warriors but Beast Cowers is dispelled. Hearing the description of Beast Cowers made Tom very worried about it ruining his fun with his precious Knights later on.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map03.jpg
Dragon Ogres and one block of Knights run up. Warriors move forward to try and take the Knights charge, the other Knights move to set up a counter charge for the Warriors should I charge them. Disk Riders zip forwards Magic sees me utterly fail to dispel anything and 4 of my Knights fall to twin flickering fire. To add humiliation, 2 of them fell to a S2 blast as I utterly fail my armour saves.

Bretonnia Turn 2
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map04.jpg
Not wanting to fall into a trap I hold with the Knights. The BSB leaves them and joins the close by Men at Arms for some protection. Yeomen ride around to threaten the disk riders on one flank and bait the Dragon Ogres on the other. Beast Cowers stalls the forward Knights and bow fire wounds a Dragon Ogre. Yeomen can't get past the 3+ Ward save on the Disk Riders.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
Bored of waiting both units of Warriors head forward. The un-cowed Knights attempt a long range charge on my mounted Damsel who turns her pony around and legs it. Dragon Ogres take the bait and charge the Yeomen who fail fear and flee, but not far enough and are cut down by the Dragon Ogres. BUT they are now out of position and facing the wrong way to get in the deployment zone for a while so it seems to be a good trade.

Bretonnia Turn 3
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map05.jpg
Knights of the Realm charge the Chaos Warriors. Pegasus Paladin joins them making a beeline for the Exalted Hero leading them. Mounted Damsel continues to flee. Yeomen are forgotten, hidden behind trees. A well aimed rock from the Trebuchet kills 2 of the Chaos Knights, 1 more stops them scoring points. Paladin strikes true, Killing Blow from the Lance of Artois piercing the heart of the Chaos Hero, the Knights slam lances into the Warriors killing 2 more. The Chaos warriors break, but with pursuit rolls of 5 and 6 they get away.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map07.jpg
Chaos Knights charge the remaining 4 Knights of the Realm. The damaged Knights move toward the scoring zone and the Dragon Ogres turn to get back in it. The fleeing Chaos Warriors keep running while the unbroken ones start to trek across the board. Disk Riders scoot around to get some good lines of fire for spells, however poor luck and good dispels keep the causalities to 2 Men at Arms and Pandemonium going up. The Chaos Knights crush the Bretonnian Knights and run down the last survivor.

Bretonnia Turn 4
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map08.jpg
Hoping to buy time both Men at Arms charge at the Chaos Knights, however having to use their own leadership the left side ones fail fear and stay put. The Pegasus Hero charges the oncoming Chaos Warriors in the front and the Yeomen barrel into the flank. The Trebuchet crew charge a Disk Rider, hoping high ground and Outnumber will win the day. Magic stops the damaged Knights again but massed bow fire can't harm the tough Dragon Ogres. The Trebuchet crew's heroism is in vain as the Chaos Sorcerer kills 2 of them and his Disk chomps another and the last man is ran down. The Men at Arms lose 7 of their number to the Chaos Knights but fully ranked, outnumber, standard and BSB means I only lose by 1 and hold. The combo charge is leathal, the Paladin killing 3 Chaos Warriors and the Yeomen's spears dropping another two. The warriors break and are mown down by the Yeomen.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map09.jpg
The broken warriors still won't rally. This means to win Tom needs to get both units of Knights and the Dragon Ogres into the deployment zone.
Dragon Ogres charge the Skirmisher Bowmen and rip them asunder. A Disk Rider charges the foot Damsel who flees just getting away. The Dragon Ogres overrun would put them into the back of the engaged Men at Arms who instead flee, landing an inch in front of the Chaos Knights! The other Chaos Knights focus most of their efforts on the BSB killing him. However because only 2 knights could attack the unit casualties aren't too heavy and they hold on again.

Bretonnia Turn 5
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map10.jpg
I just need to redirect those Dragon Ogres or kill one of those Knights ...
Men at Arms keep fleeing. Mounted Damsel rallies. Foot Damsel leaves the board. Pegasus Hero flies around, Mounted Yeomen sprint across the field baiting the smaller Knights. Men at Arms fighting Knights are finally broken and flee, Knights chase them down, killing them and running into the scoring area to boot.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map11.jpg
Knights take the bait and charge the Yeomen who flee, hopefully putting the Knights out of reach of the scoring area. Dragon Ogres go stomping into it. One of the units of Archers is toasted by twin Flickering Fires and panics.

Bretonnia Turn 6
Yeomen rally and move to try and drag the Dragon Ogres away. Mounted Damsel tries the same with the Chaos Knights. Pegasus Hero slams into the smaller Knights in a last attempt to stop them. Men at Arms rally but bowmen flee. The last unit of Bowmen and the Yeomen open fire but can only do a wound to the Dragon Ogres. Hero slays one Knight and Killing Blow's another, but the last Knight holds on. But he can't go anywhere now.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp1_map12.jpg
Sensing he can't win now Tom charges the Dragon Ogres at the Yeomen and both Disk Riders at the Mounted Damsel. The Yeomen escape but the Damsel is flown down. The last Chaos Knight kills the Pegasus Rider but the Pegasus fights on.

Game End
Scoring Units – Chaos Knights. Dragon Ogres.
Score 419/500
Victory for Bretonnia!

It had been a hard fought victory, all of the Knights who had rode to battle were slain but a handful of peasants remained. Too few of the Chaos forces had reached the township to destroy it and they would have to fall back. Yeomen riders had been sent requesting aid, the Forces of Chaos would have a hard time gaining a foothold into Bretonnia now

Next Up – Flank Attack

Thoughts - Or How To Lose a Breakthough
I think Tom's army selection screwed him before we began. His heroes set him back nearly a third of his points and strong as Chaos Heroes are in this scenario they were not going to help him win. Perhaps a Giant or Shaggoth would have been better and just bringing the one hero along. The Core choices - Chaos Warriors are good no doubt but having to run 24" would take 3 turns in a straight line run with no-one in the way, even deploying an inch back meant that I only had to stall them for 2 turns to stop them causing trouble. Not to mention March blocking them with my Yeomen which would have stopped them ever getting there. Perhaps Horsemen or Dogs would have been better. The Special choices were all fine, as it turned out with the rest of the set up all I needed to do was stop one of them and there was no way back.

Malorian
26-04-2010, 21:28
Why to go bretonnian peasants :)

I agree that he had too many points in characters and that warriors marching across the board was a bad idea due to the mission.

Just as I thought, the knights gave you some trouble, but I think you handled them well even if one unit made it through.

Cold_Blooded
28-04-2010, 14:18
Battle 2
“Flank Attack”

This battle was played using the Flank Attack Scenario from the Warhammer rulebook. After winning the first game I would be the attacker. The defender would have a defensible location in their deployment zone (The Temple of Skulls counting as an Arcane Monolith special feature) and the attacker would be able to use a third of their army as a flanking force to appear around turn 3.

Bretonnian Army

Main Force
Paladin. BSB. Virtue Duty. War Banner
Paladin. Pegasus. Questing Vow. Virtue of Ideal. Sword of Quest. Shield.
Damsel on foot. Staff of Sorcery
Damsel on foot. Chalice. Scroll
6 Knights Errant
9 KotR. Banner.
11 Bowmen. Music
9 KotR.
3 Pegasus Knights

Flanking Force (to come on from the right)
Lord. Grail Vow. Steed. Shield. Virtue of Joust. Lance of Artois. Gromil Helm
8 Grail Knights. (FC) Valorous Standard.

Warriors of Chaos Army

Exalted Hero. MoK. Enchanted Shield. Sword of Battle. Juggernaut
Soc Lv 2 MoN
Soc Lv 2 MOT. Disk. Golden Eye
Soc Lv 2 MOT. Puppet. Spell Familer
12 Chaos Warriors. Halberds Shields. FC. Rapturous Standard
14 Marauder. Music
5 Marauder Horsemen with flails
15 Marauders. Music
5 Dogs.
3 Dragon Ogres Additional Hand Weapons
5 Chaos Knights MoK
5 Chaos Knights
Hellcannon

after the failed raid on the town of Chapeau de Hérisson the Chaos forced had withdrew to regather their strength. Nearby was a dark and evil place that had long worried the Bretonnian peasantry However reinforcements led by Duc Tomas du Tigre himself were riding to the fray even as the forces of Darkness wheeled out their secret weapon, a chaos Hellcannon claiming the dark temple. As the Bretonnians fell to their knees in prayer the Warriors began advancing towards them...
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map01.jpg
Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
The Chaos army advances, magic is mainly stopped, however Chalice Damsel takes a wound. A direct blast from the Hellcannon kills 6 Bowmen and the survivors panic and flee the board. Not a great start.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map02.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 1
All I can do for now is move around a little and try and angle some good charges for next turn. With two level 1 Damsels magic isn't going to happen apart from a sneaky IF. Also with my few bowmen fled I have no shooting phase.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map03.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
Things pick up with a massive bang. Hellcannon rampages 16” forward leaving the Temple unclaimed. The War hounds flank charge my centre Knights and the Khornite Knights with Hero charge my Pegasus. Disk rider sneaks around the back of my forces. Magic is largely shut down. In what is likely the turning point Tom resolves the War hounds battle first, no damage is caused to my Knights who slay 3 dogs, the survivors flee away though the Khorne Knights, my Knights pursue and end up in the combat, which has not been fought yet.
The Exalted and Paladin duel, the Juggernaut throws his attacks onto the Pegasus, killing it but the ladies blessing keeps the Paladin safe. Striking with the Sword of the Quest which ignores armour he wounds the Hero. The Charging Knights of the Realm slay 2 Chaos Knights. The Knights fail their break test and are ran down.
Now it's only typing this up now that I realise that the Knights of the Realm should NOT have been able to chase down the Chaos Knights as they had already done so in the War hounds battle. Now I'm pretty sure that the Pegasus Hero would have caught them as well as they only rolled a 7 for their flee, and with only 3 men left wouldn't have been a massive threat, and I could have recharged them on my turn next, but even so. Now hindsight makes us all perfect generals and Tom should have resolved the Hero/Knights battle first, winning and Auto breaking due to fear and then overrunning into the unresolved hounds fight and the battle would have been very different.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map04.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 2
Knights Errant charge a Marauder block. Pegasus Knights charge the other. Left side Knights move to avoid being combo charged by Knights and Dragon Ogres. Centre Knights move to threaten Warriors. Pegasusless Hero fails to charge Marauder Horse.
Knights Errant roll poorly and only slay 3 Marauders 2 ranks, outnumber and a musician means I lose but the Knights hold. The same thing happens with the Pegasus Knights who break and fly away. Darn poor rolling.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map05.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Disk Rider charged the fleeing Pegasus Knights forcing them away again. Marauder Horse charge the Paladin. Dragon Ogres and Knights keep playing follow the Realm Knights. Warriors turn to face Centre Knights. Magic slays 2 Pegasus Knights from Flickering Fire and another 1 kills the Chalice Damsel Hellcannon overshoots the Realm Knights. Did you know a 4pt Marauder has better I and WS than a Knight Errant? I certainly didn't. Although no causalities are caused with the loss of my charge bonus the Knights Errant can't cause any damage either, break and are ran down. Marauder Horse can't harm Paladin who kills 3 of them. They hold annoyingly.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map06.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 3
Here come the Grail Knights and I need them. Left Knights are still in trouble. Pegasus Knights flee the table. Centre Knights charge the Chaos Warriors. Hero finishes off the Marauder Horsemen. Going Sword and Board The Warriors absorb the charge for just a single loss and their Sorcerer slays the unit champion for good measure.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map07.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Dragon Ogres finally get a chance and rear charge Realm Knights, I have no choice but to flee. Every single spell Tom has is aimed at the Grail Knights, 2 die to the Magic phase and the Hellcannon kills another one. Chaos Warriors now having initiative win the combat against the Knights and run them down. This is the second infantry block that has caught my knights.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map08.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 4
Forgetting Tom's guess of 19” with the Hellcannon was right on my Lord, I charge with the Grail Knights, failing and falling short. Knights Rally and Hero runs after the Marauders
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map09.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Warriors, Knights and Dragon Ogres move to surround the remaining Knights. Marauders head for table quarters. A further round of magic kills 2 more Grail Knights.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map10.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 5
I'm not sure if the Knights of the Realm can charge the Dragon Ogres, so don't declare one. This turns out to be wrong so I move up in their face hoping to stay clear of the rest of the forces. Grail Knights and Paladin combo charge the Hellcannon. The two Heros destroy the infernal machine and the Grail Knights make Chaos Dwarf kebabs.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map11.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
Marauders charge Paladin. Dragon Ogres charge Realm Knights. Chaos Knights also charge Realm Knights. I don't think so says I, they can't see. Tom disagrees that they can see, we measure the angle and its 50/50 so we dice off for it. I lose the roll. Pretty sure I'll be mashed I flee again but the lady dislikes my cowardice and the Dragon Ogres catch the Knights.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map12.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 6
Grail Knights charge Chaos Warriors who flee. Marauders break Hero who also escapes them.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/camp2_map13.jpg

Game End
Bretonnia Casualties
Paladin BSB
Pegasus. Hero is wounded and fleeing
Damsel with Chalice
Both KotR units
KE
Bowmen
Pegasus Knights
1 Table Quarter

Warriors
Khorne Hero
Khorne Knights
War hounds
Marauder Horsemen
Chaos Warriors (fleeing)
Hellcannon
General Slain Bonus

Bretonnia VP's - 987
Warriors of Chaos VP's – 1296
Difference = 309 A Minor Victory (by 9 points) to the Warriors of Chaos!

Despite the arrival of the Grail Knights the Warriors of Chaos had won the day. Duc Tomas and his Grail Knights stood alone on the field while the Warriors numbers seemed to still be strong. He would have to withdraw for now and seek assistance. The next battle would be the decider

Thoughts
Well – as I said in the report. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It could have all been over for my by turn 2 had Tom done the combats in a different order. Equally I made mistakes too. On my 3rd Turn I should have turned the Knights of the Realm around to face the Dragon Ogres, and again on my 5th I should have charged with them. Equally the failed charge with the Grail Knights left them open to another round of magic and fire which could have gone nasty. I was a failed look out sir roll away from losing my Lord.
Still a good close game and it means the final battle will be Tom's choice of Pitched Battle or Desperation Defence.

selone
28-04-2010, 16:01
thanks for the reports I thought the WOC army was alright actually, shaggoths are dire imo :-) Nice one on doing linked campaigns- they're great :)

Malorian
28-04-2010, 18:52
Well at least you know that you could have won...

Cold_Blooded
28-04-2010, 19:52
Well at least you know that you could have won...

Like I said, Hindsight makes us all perfect generals :)
Personally I find reading other peoples reports always helps me learn new insights into different ways to do things, so I do always like to put a few thoughts of my own after a game too.

Ayliffe
29-04-2010, 03:51
I don't think anyone said it, so i will. The guy who ran his level 2 Nurgle sorc with his hellcannon can't; it's an unbreakable monster and handler unit..

Seabo
29-04-2010, 09:49
Combats in the right order....
I am oh so careful about that now...
Malorian can be a painful teacher lol.

Cold_Blooded
05-05-2010, 01:54
Warriors of Chaos vs Beastmen- 2500 points

I've been busy building a Chaos Dragon since March, he's made from a LotR Fellbeast, Tyranid bits and a lot of Green Stuff. The problem is while he looks cool although painting slowly I don't actually do well with Dragons. I tend to be far too cautious and leave him slinking around the back so wanted to practice some more with him in all his unfinished glory.

Warriors of Chaos Army
Luka the Despoiler, Chaos Lord. Father of Blades, Armour of Damnation, Favour of the Gods. Diabolic Splendour Mark of Slaanesh riding Schizo the Chaos Dragon.
MoS is quite useless on him as the Dragon makes him immune to Fear and Terror and he can re roll panic from the Will of Chaos, but its the theme so its worth 5 points. The set up is rather defensive in the extreme because I'm paranoid something can outfight these two

Zarbald the Odd. Sorcerer of Slaanesh. Level 2. Spell Familer. Book of Secrets.
That's 4 Spells and 3 PD plus the 2 Pool for him, just for fun

3 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen
3 units of 5 Warhounds Ah precious fast disposable dross
3 units of 15 Marauders Ah precious slow disposable dross

6 Chaos Knights of Khorne (FC)
3 Dragon Ogres (champion)
12 Chaos Chosen of Slaanesh (FC, Halberds, Shields)

Hellcannon
Warshrine

Beastmen Army
Beastlord riding Razorgor Chariot
Gorbull
Bray Shaman (death)
Bray Shaman (beasts) One of his spells was The Beast Cowers. BOOOOO!

4 units of 5 Ungor Raiders
2 units of 15 Gors
2 Tuskgor Chariots

1Razorgor Chariot
2 units of 3 Minotaurs one with GW one with AHW
2 Razorgors (the Gorbull's pets)

Giant
Gorghon

The Beasty boys won the first turn and took it
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map01.jpg

Beastmen Turn 1
Both ambush units turn up on my left flank. That's pretty annoying. Worse is to come in the magic phase when the Hag Tree Fetish is used on my Horsemen and they are then zapped by a Dark Hand of Death spell. 5 hits are caused, rerollable kill you on 3's wipes the unit. This panics the nearby Warhounds who promptly flee. Not a great first turn.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map02.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
Warhounds leg it from the board. Everyone else moves around. Dragon flies into the middle of the swamp, splashing around in an attempt to confuse my opponent.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map03.jpg

Beastmen Turn 2
Charges – Gors charge Warhounds who flee, Chariot charges Horsemen on left. Gorghon charges Horsemen on the right who flee. On the left Opponent smartly moves Gors first so when the Horsemen flee they run through the Gors and are destroyed. Beast Cowers pins the Dragon. Doom and Darkness is cast on Dragon Ogres.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map04.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
Dragon Ogres fail fear and can't charge Giant. A bold unit of Warhounds charge some Ungors who are caught, they carry on and crash into a chariot. Worried about the oncoming Razorgors the Hellcannon moves up to act as an reserve tar pit unit.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map05.jpg

Beastmen Turn 3
Giant Charges Dragon Ogres. Razorgors charge Chosen. Gors fail Terror and flee the Dragon. Magic wipes another unit of Horsemen. That Hag Tree Fetish combo is doing my head in. Warhounds beat the Chariot and send it running. Giant Chomps a Dragon Ogre, wounding him twice, Dragon Ogres put 4 wounds on it in return. 7 Chosen die to the Razorgor and Gorbull and flee, only the blood greed keeps them from being run down.
I REALLY want to like Chosen, but every game they get beaten by something super killy and spend the rest of the day mauled and fleeing assuming they get away at all.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map06.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Warhounds charge Ungors, Other Hounds charge the fleeing Chariot and chase it off the board.
Warhounds die to Ungors. Dragon flies up to support the Knights. Because there's nothing like Overkill. Hellcannon flanks the Razorgors. Worried about the Gorghon I make a sacrifice putting my Sorcerer as close as I can to it so it has to charge him. Hellcannon mauls a Razorgor badly but they hold.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map09.jpg

Beastmen Turn 4
Gorghon charges Sorcerer. Both Minotaurs try to charge Dragon, both fail fear and are frozen to the spot. Lord charges Knights wondering where his friends have gotten too. Dragon Ogres finish off the Giant. Gorghon smashes the Sorcerer into a very dead mess. Gorbull moves to fight Hellcannon and wounds it twice taking one back. Lord and Chariot and Impact hits conspire to do a single wound to the Knights who by outnumber and banner win the fight, Lord breaks and is rode down! well that was a massive stroke of luck, both Mino's failed Fear, one using the Lord's LD thanks to Diabolic Splendour and the Lord rolling double 6's for his break test swings things in my favour.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map10.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Marauders and Chosen smash into the Razorgors. Dragon Charges Minotaurs, Knights Charge Gors. Dragon Ogres run down some Ungors who try to flee them. In combat both Razorgors are slain, Gorbull smashes apart the Hellcannon but its too much for him and he flees with my units stumbling after him. Lord is challenged by Mino champion, he and Dragon rack up 8 overkill on him, break the unit and run them down. Chaos Knights slaughter 12 Gors, these who run like the wind to escape.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map11.jpg

Beastmen Turn 5
Chariot charges the Warhounds to avenge its friends. GW Minos charge Marauders, Gorghon charges Warshrine. Shaman does his trick again, killing enough Marauders to panic them, they run through and Panic the Dragon Ogres. Despite the fact they're at +1LD for killing the Giant.
Marauders impress me by managing to draw the combat. Warshrine is hacked apart by the Gorghon who now has an insane amount of attacks. Bold Hounds are ran down.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map12.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Marauders charge Gorghon to try and get one more wound off it for half strength. Chosen charge Gorbull with Dragon Ogres rallying behind him to provide the trap. Knights and Dragon make productive use of their killing power to claim table quarters.
Both units of Marauders hold firm but can't do any damage. Chosen disgrace themselves failing to scratch the Gorbull, losing 2 of their number and fleeing.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wocvb_map13.jpg

Game End – We both thought we had played the full six turns. Its only when typing the report up I find we've missed one from somewhere. Still I don't think much would have changed, The Dragon or Knights would have been able to get the Minos or Chariot, but the Marauder blocks would have been lost to Beast attacks.

Warriors of Chaos 1245 vs Beastmen 1027
Difference – 218 a Draw!

Hmm, well Beast Cowers really ruined Dragon's day there which is of course always the problem and my Chosen as ever were massive let downs. But we had a good fun battle with two armies that just wanted to smack each other around.

Cold_Blooded
05-05-2010, 01:56
I don't think anyone said it, so i will. The guy who ran his level 2 Nurgle sorc with his hellcannon can't; it's an unbreakable monster and handler unit..

Yeah, we've since discovered that he can't join the Hellcannon as its unbreakable. He's now taken to buying what he likes to call his 40 point combat resoultion armour of a unit of Marauders for the Sorcerer to hang with

Malorian
05-05-2010, 18:36
It always seems that when people take a dragon that it's the one time their opponent gets beast cowers... ;)

Thanks for the battle report.

Cold_Blooded
17-05-2010, 17:27
Battle 3
“Pitched Battle”

After winning the last match Tom was allowed to chose his scenario and settled for the good ol' Pitched Battle. The game would be played at 3000 and to make it feel more epic we agreed I could take a special character, the Green Knight himself to help turn the tide of Chaos.

Warriors of Chaos Army List
Chaos Lord Zlupadupa on Chaos Dragon. Runesword, Runeshield. Diabolic Splendour

Sorcerer MoT L2, disk, Puppet
Sorcerer MoT L2, disk Power Familer

Exalted Hero BSB Biting Blade. MoK Juggernaut

5 Marauder Horse with Flails
5 Marauder Horse with Flails
12 CW (halberds)
12 CW (halberds)

3 units of 5 Chaos Knights
3 Dragon Ogres (add weapons)

Hellcannon
Hellcannon

Bretonnia Army
Bretonnia

Lords

Duc Toni du Tigre
Grail Vow, Hippogryph, Shield, Virtue of Stoicism, Gromil Great Helm, Sword of the Champion

The Green Knight

2704 vs 1282 Diff (1422) SV
Franc le ver
Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Warhorse, Virtue of Duty

Sebastian le cochon
Barded Warhorse, Grail Vow, Shield, Lance of Artios, Virtue of the Joust

Nabalie le papillon
Barded Warhorse, Level 2 Mage, Chalice of Malfleur, Dispel Scroll

Marcel le morse
Virtue of Empathy, Sword of Battle, Enchanted Shield

Edvard la Aigle
Questing Vow, Sword of the Quest, Pegasus, Virtue of the Ideal

8 Knights of the Realm
Full command, War Banner

10 Knights of the Realm
Full command

9 Knights Errant
Full command, Errantry Banner

15 Bowmen
10 Bowmen skirmish
11 Bowmen - skirmish

30 Men at Arms
Full command, Spears

3 Pegasus Knights

6 Grail Knights

Pre game Thoughts
Well I was going to need to take that dragon down somehow if I was going to stand a chance at a win, this would mean catching the unpleasant creature...

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map01.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 1
Mistake 1 – When playing Bretonnia don't forget your army special rules. My impulsiveness means that I forgot to pray so would have to do this without the blessing of the Lady. The forces move up and shooting kills a lone Marauder Horseman.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map02.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
Both Hellcannons fail their leadership test and rampage forwards. The Chaos flanks both move to circle around, daring the Bretonnian Knights to charge them. The Warriors magic phase is lacking and passes without incident.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map03.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 2
Knights Errant fail their impetuous test and charge the Hellcannon. I don't really want to charge yet so move up to try and bait the frenzied BSB. Shooting kills a Chaos Dwarf crew from the unengaged Hellcannon. The Knights Errant try as they might can't do any major damage to the demonic war engine
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map04.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
Marauder Horsemen pile into the flank of the Knights Errant. The Unenaged Hellcannon again fails its rampage test. The main bulk of the Chaos force waits, we measure and the BSB is an inch shy of having to charge alone. Magic kills 4 of the larger Knight of the Realm unit. In combat the Errant Knights lose but hold on for now.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map05.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 3
Knights of the Realm fail fear and can't charge Chaos Knights. Pegasus Hero fails fear and can't charge Dragon Ogres. Lord goes it alone. Mistress of the Marsh stalls the Chaos Knights near the pond. Errant Knights finally bottle it and flee the board. Lord fluffs his attacks doing a single wound to the Dragon Ogres, he takes one to him and the Hippogryph in return.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map06.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Hellcannon barrels into the Archers. Marauder Horsemen flank the Lord. Hellcannon misfires causing miscasts galore. Dragon flies around and turns its breath on the Men at Arms slaying a lot and causing them to flee. Lord hangs on, his dice rolls remain dreadful. Hellcannon breaks and noms the archers with ease.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map07.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 4
Pegasus Hero and Pegasus Knights charge the Dragon. Grail Knights charge Hellcannon. Both Knights combo charge a block of Chaos Knights. Grail Knights smash the Hellcannon to bits Knights break and run down the Chaos Knights but the Lord and his Dragon munch the Pegasus breaking the Hero and the Riders away. Lord is beaten now outnumbered by the Dragon Ogres he is ran down by the Marauder Horsemen.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map08.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Dragon Charges fleeing Pegasus running them off the board. BSB frenzied charges the Men at Arms. He and the foot paladin clash wounding each other but the press of men at arms cheering wins for the Bretonnians but he holds.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map09.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 5
BSB cuts down the Paladin but the Men at Arms fight on. The rest of the units have little to do but redeploy, the Knights of the Realm at the far end are both trapped.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map10.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Chaos Knights charge the Knights of the Realm, I flee which panics the other Knights of the Realm too. Damn. The Khorne Hero slices 4 Men at Arms apart but again they hold.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map11.jpg

Bretonnia Turn 6
Stupid fleeing Knights rally. Grail Knights charge Dragon Ogres. Pegasus-less hero charges BSB. Archers shoot a disk rider down. Grail Knights smash the Dragon Ogres apart on the charge. Peg Hero swings the Sword of The Quest and slays the BSB.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map12.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
Disk Rider charges ranked archers and breaks them. Marauder Horse charge the Peg Rider and run him down too. Chaos Knights charge Knight of the Realm and break them and the Chaos Warriors charge Knights of the Realm breaking them too. Damn it all.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/wvb3_map13.jpg

Game End
Warriors of Chaos 2704 vs Bretonnia 1282
A Difference of 1422 and a Solid Victory to the Warriors of Chaos!

Thoughts
Well my last turn really screwed me over. Getting my knights trapped and wiped out was a big swing for Tom.
The Dragon wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be, at the end of the game the Lord has a single wound left but after the Pegasi were eaten I was never going to catch him
Forgetting to Pray cost me
Forgetting the Green Knight entirely also did not do me any favours, he was sat next to my table edge for the whole game just begging to get his moment.

Overall that's 2 – 1 to Tom and he's the winner of the series

Duc Toni was lost, his forces broken and scattered before the wrath of the Chaos war band Despite early successes the Bretonnia forces had failed to break the Chaos army and given time to regroup they had returned in larger numbers. The Town of Chapeau de Gâteau was in flaming ruins and the Chaos hordes would loot and pillage and prepare themselves for future conquests

Malorian
17-05-2010, 17:33
That wasn't a fair game by any stretch of the imagination...

You really suffered from having too many points in characters (and then forgetting to use one of them ;)).

Cold_Blooded
11-06-2010, 03:22
For the June Empire Battle Report Challenge we decided to re fight the Lord Melchin's Grand Adventure scenario from the Lustria source book.

This is a night fight so at the start of each turn we need to determine how far we can see (artillery dice X3 – misfire is normal vision) also the defender (Empire) has double the points of the attackers (Lizardmen) The Lizardmen are not allowed any Stegadons or Saurus and the Empire no War Machines or Cavalry. Also at the end of Turn 4 we count up VP's and if the defenders are winning then the game ends there, if not we play the last few turns. The amount of points and restrictions on what he could but meant that the Empire player has an awful lot of points to spend on core troops. Indeed the giant mob of Flagellants were because 'I had nothing else to spend the points on'

Many treasure hunters and explorers come to the lands of Lustria looking for the wealth that is rumoured to lie there. Most find nothing but death at the hands of the Lizardmen or other denizens of the jungles, even the jungles themselves can be deadly to those unaware. One such expodition was lead by a Lord Melchin, after many months of fruitless trekking around he had lost the lives off all his Knights and his war machines had long since given up the ghost. His men were starting to lose heart all they had to show were some wine they had traded with natives. Unknown to Melchin his force was too close to the Temple of the Eclipse for the Lizardmen to tolerate, and so one night a force of skinks were dispatched to forcibly remove the intruders...

Lizardmen Forces
Skink Chief riding Horned One
Skink Priest
2 units of 10 skink blowpipes
16 Skinks, FC, Kroxigor
3 Kroxigor
5 Chameleon Skinks
2 Salamanders

Empire Forces
Capitan
Warrior Priest
Wizard
25 Greatswords
10 Halberds (detachment)
10 Bowmen (detachment)
25 Swordsmen
10 Halberdiers (detachment)
10 Bowmen (detachment)
3 units of 15 Crossbowmen
30 Flagellants

We rolled the event Native Guide and moved some halbeardiers

Turn 1 – The moon is bright – everyone can see as normal

Lizardmen Turn 1
The Empire Forces had deployed in a circle to try and cover all angles of attack, I sent the Kroxigor to the North, ranked Skinks to the South and Salamanders to the West to try and encircle them. An early volley of shots caused light damage to the outer units and both salamanders misfire and snack down 4 handlers
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map02.jpg

Empire Turn 1
Rousing themselves the Empire can't charge, shoot or magic this turn and so aside from some movements to put the flagellants in a better place there's little to be done.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map03.jpg

Turn 2 – The moon is bright – everyone can see as normal

Lizardmen Turn 2
Ranked Skinks charge the crossbowmen in front of them who also have the Wizard in. Salamanders flame the bowmen who hold and more troopers are shot by blow darts The crossbowmen lose 5 of their number in the charge and break and are ran down. A good result, but the Ranked Skinks have ran into the middle of the Empire camp. An added bonus as a unit of Crossbows panic.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map04.jpg

Empire Turn 2
The Empire forces turn to surround the Skinks, it's mainly the Flagellants that scare me. They lose a few to bow fire and a Chameleon Skink is picked off by a lucky crossbow shot. Warrior Priest makes the swordsmen unbreakable.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map05.jpg

Turn 3 – The moon is bright – everyone can see as normal

Lizardmen Turn 3
Not sure what to do, if I charge the Free Company I'll get the Swordsmen in the flank and I don't think the Kroxigor can reach the back of them to help out so the Skinks back up. I try, but fail to dispel unbreakable on the Swordsmen. Salamanders hit them hard taking them down to 10 and the Warrior Priest, annoying as I could have probably taken them now. I move blowpipe skinks to try and cover the Ranked Skinks flank.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map06.jpg

Empire Turn 3
Free Company charge the Ranked Skinks but are panicked away by Stand and Shoot. Flagellants charge in and destroy the Blowpipe skinks and overrun into the flank of the Ranked ones with a 1-” overrun needing just that. Salamander is wounded by arrows and the laser guided crossbowmen strike another Chameleon down.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map07.jpg

Turn 4 – The moon is quite bright – viability is 18”

Lizardmen Turn 4
Kroxigor charge the Swordsmen in the front, Salamanders go in the side. Skink chief runs down the Free Company and Blowpipes pepper the halberds on the North side. Again I roll a 3 on 2 dice and can't dispel unbreakable. Flagellants make a mess of the ranked Skinks, but insane courage holds them in place. Kroxigor Ancient tries to smash the Warrior Priest to end the spell but can only do a single wound to him. The other Kroxigor and Salamander reduce the Swordsmen to 3 men but they're still unbreakable – and that is going to cost me the game.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map08.jpg

Empire Turn 4
Greatswords and Capitan charge into the Kroxigor, the 3 remaining Halberdiers charge the skinks. Flagellants break the ranked Skinks (or technically the Kroxigor as he is all that is left) the 3 halberds lose a man but kill 3 skinks and break them too. The Capitan wounds a Kroxigor, the Greatswords all miss. Salamander munches a Swordsman, the last 2 men both hit and wound a Kroxigor, and it fails both saves killing one. The Ancient kills the Warrior Priest, but the sheer numbers of Greatswords and their flag are too much and both units break away.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/lordmelch_map09.jpg

Turn 4 ends and we count the Victory Points ...
Lizardmen 598
Empire 652
The Empire are ahead and that means the game ends there with an Empire Victory!

Lord Melchin looked around in dismay, many of his men had fallen to the Lizard creatures, a giant reptile had smashed apart Brother Black and a horde of small ones had pulled down the Battle Wizard. His own Greatswords, veteran men all were still fine, but the mercenaries he had hired had taken a heavy toll. Lord Melchin had survived this encounter but he had certainly had enough of Lustria, taking the booty they had already gathered he turned his forces around.
The items he had found, and his knack for telling a good tale made him a very wealthy man upon his return to the Empire.

Malorian
11-06-2010, 14:27
As I'm sure you know, failing to dispel unbreakable two turns in a row was just killer.

What bad luck :(

Cool idea for a game though :)

Lordy
13-06-2010, 01:00
Well at least the Beasts won one game....against goblins :|

Cold_Blooded
05-07-2010, 12:02
The Island of Ulthuan, land of the High Elves is a daunting prospect for any invaders to even reach, the seas around Ulthuan are dangerous and patrolled by the High Elven navy. The coast is watched by keen eyed scouts and protected by powerful magic. But some will always try their luck. Sometimes the forces of Darkness band together guided by foul powers unseen. And thus it was that one small outlying fortress found itself surrounded by 3 separate armies who for now had put aside their differences to smash down the white walls of Tor Ishar Some wanted to see the city burned to the ground, some wanted the tomes of the elves for themselves and some just wanted a fight. Outnumbered the Elves pulled shut the mighty gates, took to the walls with bow and arrow and prepared to sell their lives as dearly as they could. Perhaps they could hold the line until re-enforcements rode to their aid...

Ahh July and High Elves, an army none of us really play and that was mainly bought to give the Dark Elves something to pose next too/loot for limbs for base decoration. So we decided to make the game a bit more interesting and use the Siege mission from the 6th edition book. This gives the defenders half the points of the attackers and a castle to hold out for 7 turns. As we played this game on July 1st it's probably worth pointing out the game was played by 7th edition rules rather than 8th which will probably be out by the time I finish the report and post it.

I took the following list
Ararderr - Noble. Sword of Sea Gold, Mask of the Merlord, Dragon Army, Shield
Ranael - Mage. Seer Staff. (Lore of Metal – Commandment of Brass, Spirit of the Forge)
Ninaac - Mage. Dispel Scroll, Jewel of Dusk (High Magic, Shield of Saphay, Fury of Khaine)
3 units of 10 Archers
5 White Lions
15 Phoenix Guard (FC)
2 Repeater Bolt Throwers
Eagle
Cauldron of Alchemy Fire (one use charge reaction to the wall it is stationed on – uses the small template and does S5 flaming hits that do D3 wounds)

As we all had a rare day off together and no-one wanted to miss out the attackers were made up of Jack (Beastmen) Andi (Orcs) and Tom (Warriors) We agreed to let them play as a regular 3000 point army with all the composition rules that one made of a single book would require. Perhaps this gave them an edge as they could pick and choose the best of their books but they were under instructions 'remember guys this is supposed to be a bit different and a bit of fun, try not to table me on turn 1. They came up with this monstrosity of a list ...

Forces of Destruction
Gore-Cleaver - Beastlord, Brass Cleaver
Ugrat Killypaint - Savage Orc Warboss
Gore-Seeing - Bray Shaman, Hagtree Fetish (Dark Hand of Death)
Malspine - Sorcerer of Tzeentch, Disk (Flickering Fire, Pandemonium)
Chaoswither - Sorcerer of Tzeentch, Disk (Flickering Fire, Treason of Tzeentch)
Pusslice - Sorcerer of Nurgle (Buboes, Plague Squall)

20 Savage Orc Boyz, additional choppas, Ladder
20 Savage Orc Boyz, additional choppas, Siege Tower
20 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle, shields, Siege Tower
10 Ungor Raiders
20 Ungors with Spears
4 Minotaurs log ram
4 Rock Lobbas
Cygor

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map01.jpg

Dear High Elven Gods, what fresh hell is this? 4 Rock Lobbas with Andi's laser guided aim and 3 Chaos Sorcerers means they probably won't need that killy horde to even reach me to make short work of my mighty T3. On the other hand I was fully expecting a Chaos Lord on Dragon, Warboss on Wyvern and as many Ungor Raiders as they could physically fit on the board so it could be worse I suppose ... Hopefully my Repeaters and Ranael can stop the the Siege Towers. I'll try and wear down the Minotaurs as best I can to the other side and sally out of the gates when I have no choice. Hopefully the Eagle can chomp down a few rock Lobbas or they might misfire if I cross my fingers ...

High Elf Turn 1
Very little movement to do so we move straight to magic, most stuff is out of range so I put Shield of Saphay on one of the Repeaters as my opponents are unsubtly wondering how far they are from the rock Lobbas and also throw up Drain Magic to try and ward off the Flicking Fires. Shooting sees a lucky volley of arrows wound on of the Tzeentch Sorcerers and although both Repeaters hit the Siege Tower the Savage Orcs are pushing I can only do it 2 wounds. The archers on the back wall kill 2 Boyz but its just a drop in the ocean.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map02.jpg

Destruction Turn 1
Both Siege Towers move a bonus 8” forward, however the Savage Boyz then get in a big squabble over after one of the lads gets his foot ran over, before long Ugrat is having to smash 'eds to restore order. The other savages seeing their mates heading forward decided to show dem and race forward. Wheezing with displeasure the Warriors try and keep pace. One the side with the main gate the Beast forces advance cautiously, I've talked up the Alchemy fire guarding the main gate and they don't want to get too close. Drain magic barley saves me in the shooting phase as Dark Hand of Death and Flickering Fire are both cast with irresistible force onto the Archers in the front right tower, with the aid of the Hagtree fetish only 2 survive and without Ararderr being close by would have panicked A slight bit of luck sees the Nurgle Wizard miscast and me getting a free Spirit of the Forge which cooks 8 Warriors. Rock Lobbas shots are deadly accurate, smashing into the front left tower, killing 3 archers and shaking the tower, shaking the left ramparts, killing 4 archers on the back wall, and damaging the Repeater on the back right tower. Ouch.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map03.jpg

High Elf Turn 2
I won't last long if the artillery keeps doing that well, but the Eagle will have to run the gauntlet of Tzeentch Disks and a Cygor to get their. Feeling like I've failed my pinning test in 40k I don't move. My magic is stopped aside from a shield of Saphay on the front right archers. The Repeaters open fire on the Savage Orc's tower again, but I only score a single wound and the rest of my fire isn't on target. I'm already thinking I'm being far too cautious and I've maybe missed the art of this scenario.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map04.jpg

Destruction Turn 2
The Orcs all behave themselves and along with the Warriors keep the advance up. The Beasts also advance, buoyed on by my losses. The Hagtree Fetish is placed on the Phoenix Guard but their ward save keeps them safe. Buboes picks off a Repeater Crewman and a wildly scattered Plague Squall ends up on the front right tower and despite their ward 2 archer fall, covered in boils. I duck as the rocks start to fly again all heading for the gatehouse wall. One fails to fire as the loading goblin drops the rock, one scatters away, killing a Minotaur and 2 Ungors, maybe there are some cracks in this alliance I can exploit. However Andi's aim is still true as the last two rocks crash into the wall surrounding the gate, severely shaking the wall, it won't be able to take too much of this.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map05.jpg

High Elf Turn 3
Pleased by last turn I take action, the Eagle won't be able to stop the rocks so flaps around to bait the Savage Orcs. The White Lions man the gatehouse and the oil while Ararderr takes up his place in the Phoniex Guard in case the Minotaurs breach the gate. I can't get any spells through the defences of the Destruction mages. Shooting sees the Cygor wounded by the front right tower. The Repeaters go for volley fire which proves more effective, cutting down 7 of the Tower Orcs. The rear bowmen shoot a few Orcs too.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map06.jpg

Beastmen Turn 3
The Savages with Ladder are forced to charge the Eagle. The Minotaurs slam into the gate, from above the White Lions pour Ielthan,Deathfire onto the Minotaurs, one is burned alive and one of his comrades singed too. The Warboss leaves his depleted Boyz and joins the Warriors or Nurgle who keep slowly, coughingly, pushing the tower towards the wall. Both Sorcerers of Tzeentch spur on their disks, flying over the walls and into the courtyard. I manage to get out of the magic phase lightly as an early miscast ends their fun. With the Minotaurs on the gate there is a brief disagreement as the Orcs want to keep shooting it but the Beastmen don't. In the end Andi sends boulders flying towards the Repeaters, both shots are perfect and the machines are smashed apart. One even scatters onto the back wall, shaking it and killing 3 more bowmen.
The Minotaurs put their backs into the ram, but with only two left they don't have the might to bring the solid gate down.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map07.jpg

High Elf Turn 4
Ordering the White Lions to throw open the gates Ararderr and the Phoenix Guard charge the shocked Minotaurs. The Eagle rallys and the White Lions turn to take the courtyard back. As there are only 2 bowmen between the Orcs and control of the wall next time Ranael runs out to join them. The archers in the towers bring their bows to bear on the courtyard, opening fire on the wounded Malspine an unknown archer scores a lucky hit and brings him down!
Hefting their halberds the Phoenix Guard slay a Minotaur, the last one aims at Ararderr, but his luck is in as it only hits twice then at S7 rolls double 1's to wound. Sadly the Minotaurs hold.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map08.jpg

Destruction Turn 4
The Cygor charges into the Phoenix Guard. The Ladder Orcs and the Tower Orcs charge the back wall. Chaoswither charges Ranael. There's no magic to cast, and there's not much shooting. The Orcs aim a few shots at the Eagle, but miss. One of the Rock Lobbas finally gives out, with a mighty 'Crrrunnncch' collapses on itself. Chaos Wither slays Ranael, and is blessed by Tzeentch with improved Armour, the Orcs climbing the ladder are disappointed to find there's no-one to bash, just a gloating Sorcerer. The Tower Orcs pile across the ramp, met by the two bowmen, who strike first, hitting and wounding and slaying! The stuff of legends as the Orcs fail their break test and leg it.
The Phoniex Guard wound the Cygor twice and leave the last Minotaur hurt badly, the Cygor breaks but the Minotaur rolls insane courage and holds on.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map09.jpg

High Elf Turn 5
Well, they've reached my walls and I'm in trouble, but there is still hope. To win they need to take more quarters of the Courtyard than I own and if I can stall them on the walls and gates I'll be able to hold out. So the Eagle goes on a suicide run in front of the Chaos Warriors, they'll have to charge him because of the Warboss and overrun into the backs of the other Savages, meaning they'll only be able to climb the walls on their last turn, not get into the courtyard. Chaoswither isn't strong enough to claim a quarter, The Cygor and fleeing Orcs can't get back into the fray. This means that IF the White Lions can hold off the Orcs already on the Ramparts and the Phoniex Guard can hold the main gate from the Beastlord I'll pull off an unlikely win.
The Archer shoot at Chaoswither, but his new and improved armoured skin keeps him safe from harm. The Phoniex Guard dispatch the last Minotaur and silently await the charge of the Beastlord.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map10.jpg

Destruction Turn 5
The Chaos Warriors are forced to charge the Eagle thanks to an overly enthusiastic Ugrat. The Savage Boyz on the wall clash with the two bold archers. Chaoswither charges Ninaac. The Beastlord and his Ungors hurl themselves into the Phoniex Guard. Treason of Tzeentch accounts for one of the White Lions, The Orc Rock Lobbas now short of targets have a go at 'smashin' dem walls up' One of the towers is badly shaken but 4 more Orcs are squished by a stray shot.
This time the archers can only bring down one Orc and the Savages chop them down. With a Waaaagh! More pile up the ladder and onto the wall. Ugrat cleaves the Eagle apart himself, the Chaos Warriors get in on the act, the poor Eagle falls, taking 8 wounds, but as hoped the overrun puts them into the back of the ladder Orcs. Chaoswither is wounded despite his armour but slays Ninaac and is blessed with even more armour.
Hoping to win on kills the Phoniex Guard go for Ungors, slaying 4, The Beastlord slays 3 Guard back and the Half Horn accounts for another. I barely pass my break test.
Hmm, maybe I underestimated the Beastlord ...
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map11.jpg

High Elf Turn 6
It's all of nothing now ... White Lions charge the Savages on the Wall. The last few archers charge Chaoswither. I've nothing to shoot so its straight to combat. The archers fluff their attacks, lose 2 and are ran down by Chaoswither. The White Lions also fail, slaying 2 Orcs they lose 3. The last man needs to pass his stubborn break test – a 10! He flees away and things look grim. The Phoniex Guard battle on, more 3 more Ungors fall, but between the Beastlord and the horde of spear thrusts 4 Guard go down too. I roll a 12 for my break test, and the Phoniex Guard and the Noble are slain. Oh dear, oh dear ...
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map12.jpg

Destruction Turn 6
The Orcs pile in from the back, the Beastmen from the front, the castle is lost! The Hagtree fetish is placed upon the last 4 archers and a swift Flickering Fire from Chaoswither slays them all. I've no-one left ...
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/seige_map13.jpg

Game Ends – Well that's pretty obviously a victory for the forces of Destruction

Thoughts
Had the lone White Lion made his Stubborn LD8 Break Test and the Phoniex Guard made theirs, needing a 7 I could have held out. Despite the loss of everyone, it was actually a very close ran thing.

ASF across the board didn't seem as bad as some people make it out. Its good, don't get me wrong (and likely to get better with 8th) But with only T3 across the board the High Elves seem to need it.

I probably should have taken Swordsmasters. The Phoniex Guard didn't seem to have enough kick to cause the massed ranks of Ungors enough damage to do anything other than slowly lose.

At higher points I'd have defiantly taken a Dragon and some Dragon Princes to give me some much needed hitting power.

I wanted to bring a Dragon Mage, but taking me down to only one character for what looks like a very fragile idea didn't seem wise.

I wish my Slaan could opt to pick the lore of High Magic

Despite my utter defeat the fact we had a very fun game with all 4 of us made up for it, we all got something we wanted out of it, Andi got to fire rocks at everything, Tom got to cause devastation in the magic phase and Jack got to try his Ungor Spears out.

I've only ever played the Wood Elves and High Elves as a result of the Battle Report Tale, I'd take the Wood Elves again, but the High Elves just didn't capture my heart in this game I'm afraid.

Tor Ishar fell, the combined might of the forces of Orcs, Beastmen and Chaos were too much for the brave defenders. By the time re-enforcements had arrived however the three armies had turned on each other, whilst the Beastmen feasted on the fallen and the Chaos Warriors pillaged the great library the Orc commander ordered his lads to resume bombardment to 'bring dem wimpy walls darn' Such is often the fate of such fragile alliances ...

Malorian
05-07-2010, 22:14
Very interesting game.

I always wanted to try a seige game :)

Cold_Blooded
08-07-2010, 13:26
With just a few days until the dawn of 8th we had little to do so decided to have one last hurrah for the 7th edition. A 3500 point battle between the Orcs and the Warriors of Chaos. This would likely be our last battle with the old rules ...

Warriors of Chaos
Zlupadupa – Custom Character using the old Hordes of Chaos Book
Exalted Hero on Juggernaut
Sorcerer of Tzeentch
Sorcerer of Nurgle
Sorcerer of Slaanesh
Exalted Hero BSB on Steed

14 Chaos Warriors of Khorne (additional hand weapons)
14 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh (halberds)
14 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle (shields)
14 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch (shields)
3 units of 5 Chaos Knights
3 Dragon Ogres (great weapons)
Hellcannon
Warshrine

Orcs and Goblins
Black Orc Warboss, Boar, Alrit Axe, Boss Hat, Gnashers
Orc Great Shaman. Boar, Staff of Baduum, Scroll
Black Orc Big Boss, BSB. Amulet of Protecyness
Savage Orc Big Boss. Boar, Kicking Boots
Goblin Big Boss, Wolf, One Hit Wonder. Bauble
Night Goblin Shaman. Staff of Sneaky Stealing

25 Orc Boyz (additional choppas)
30 Orc Big Uns (shields, Morks Spirit Totem)
30 Night Goblins (spears, nets 2 fanatics FC)
2 units of 25 Night Goblins (short bows, 2 fanatics)
12 Wolf Riders (spears, FC)
5 Spider Riders
6 Savage Orc Boar Boyz
15 Black Orcs (FC)
8 Squig Hoppers
Rock Lobba (bully)
2 Spear Chukkas
Doom Diver
3 Trolls
Giant

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map01.jpg

The Warriors of Chaos won the roll and elected to go first.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
The Warriors race forward, including the Hellcannon who fails his leadership test. Magic sees Zlupadupa put 2 wounds on a Troll with Flickering Fire and Buboes take a wound from the Savage Big Boss. The rest of the spells are either out of range or stopped by the Orc's magic defences.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map02.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 1
Animosity passes without too many issues, Wolf Riders and Goblin Archers run forward a bit and The Warboss has to bash heads to keep his Big 'Uns in line. Orc magic doesn't achieve much but a scattered Rock Lobba shot smashes several of the Slaanesh Warriors.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map03.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
Things get messy quickly. Zlupadupa and his Knights on the far right charge the Trolls, accompanied by the Goblin Boss, Dragon Ogres charge Boar Boyz, triggering fanatics who cause 2 wounds on the beasts. Khorne Warriors frenzied charge the Spider Riders who run for it. Knights in the middle (with Khorne Hero) charge the Orc Boyz. This triggers 4 fanatics, 2 from the unit right behind the Orcs and 2 from the side. Spinning like lunatics 4 Knights and 8 Orcs fall. This panics the Orcs, who in turn panic the Night Goblins leaving the Lone Knight and Hero looking rather stunned as mad goblins spin around them. Hellcannon scores a direct hit on the Rock Lobba destroying it utterly. The Dragon Ogres slaughter all but one of the Boar Boyz. The Big Boss brings one of the monsters down but lose the combat, a lucky insane courage holds them firm. On the far side Mork and Gork bless the Goblin Hero as he challenges the Chaos Lord, he is wounded once but using his One Hit Wonder gets a wound on the Chaos Lord in return. A troll falls but vomiting the other Trolls bring down 2 Knights and with the Warboss nearby they fight on
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map04.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 2
The Fanatics may have made a mess of the Knights, but the Orc centre is routed. The Spider Riders quit the field and the Goblin Shaman and a Spear Chukka are panicked as the fleeing mob keep running. Night Goblin Spears, lead by the BSB charge the Dragon Ogres in the flank and the Giant does the same to the Knights with the Lord. The Squig Hoppers bounce puts them in trouble falling short of the flank of the Slaanesh Warriors. Doom Diver and the remaining Spear Chukka combine fire to destroy the Warshrine. The flank charge is too much for the Dragon Ogres who are broken, the Boar Rider and Big Boss run them down, straight into the Nurgle Warriors. Giant slays a Knight with a Swing from his Club, Zlupadupa cuts down the Goblin Boss, the Brimstone Bauble activates, slaying a Knight, A troll and wounding the Chaos Lord again. The Giant Stubbornly holds on but the Troll runs.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map05.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Charging Through the Fanatics the Khorne Hero is slain, but the lone Knight forces the fleeing Orcs to leave the table. The Slaanesh Warriors charge the Squig Hoppers. A lucky Irresistible Gateway kills 8 Big Un's and Flickering Fire and Plague Squall account for 5 of the Night Goblin Spears. The Slaanesh Warriors slaughter the Squigs but their overrun exposes their flank to the Wolf Riders. The Boar Boy Big Boss wounded the Nurgle Sorcerer before he and his mate are killed by the infected Warriors. The Knight and Lord put 4 wounds on the Giant before he jumps up and down, squishing a Knight and the hapless Chaos Lord!
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map06.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 3
Sensing the tide of battle had changed the Goblin Shaman rallies although the Goblin archers flee. the Black Orcs charge the Chaos Knights fighting the Giant, Night Goblins advance on the Nurgle Warriors, Wolf Riders flank the Slaanesh Warriors. In the magic phase the Orc Shaman casts Waaaagh! The Doom Diver Crew charge the Knights on the far left, both Shamans and the Spear Chukka crew charge the lone Knight in the middle. Night Goblin Spears charge the Nurgle Warriors and Archer charge the Khorne Warriors.
Swinging their Great Weapons the Black Orcs kill a Knight, the last man wounds the Giant again who leaps up and down on him until he is dead. The Night Goblins against the Khorne Warriors goes as you might imagine, 24 attacks are thrown, 18 Goblins die, the survivors chased down. The flank attack from the Wolf Boyz slays a Warrior, 2 Wolf Boyz fall but with the flank bonus they win and break the Warriors, taking them out as they flee! More good news follows as the BSB kills the Nurgle Sorcerer and the Goblins weight of numbers and nets break and run down the Nurgle Warriors. The Doom Diver crew bounce off the Knights, but the lone survivor breaks, more fortune as the Knights fail to restrain and chase after him. The mob surrounding the lone Knight can't get past his armour but he also fails to wound anyone and breaks. Too few to rally the charge of the war machine crew and wizards sends him packing.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map07.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Stunned by the turn of events the Hellcannon fails its leadership test and charges the Night Goblin Spears. The Tzeentch Warriors charge the Big Un's, the Knights ride around to get back in the fray and the Khorne Warriors turn to face. Hellcannon eats 4 Goblins, the BSB and the Spears can't harm him and the fight continues. The Warboss bites the head off the Tzeentch caster and the Warriors barely pass their break test, 5 Big Un's fall but the mass of Orcs is winning.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map08.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 4
The Wolf Rider pick now to fail Animosity and charge into the front of the Khorne Warriors. Giant runs up to try and threaten Hellcannon. Black Orcs turn to get in the game. Magic kills 3 of the Knights, leaving 2 and the BSB. The Wolf Riders are slaughtered to a man. The Big Un's however break the Tzeentch Warriors who get away. Hellcannon and Goblins keep bashing each other for little effect.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map09.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Tzeentch Warriors keep fleeing. Knights run down a Spear Chukka. Khorne Warriors turn to threaten the Big Un's. Hellcannon kills the BSB but the numbers are still in the Goblins favour
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map10.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 5
Giant charges Hellcannon. Big Un's turn to face Khorne Warriors. Shamans dart around and try and magic the Knights a bit more but none fall. Giant Head butts the Hellcannon shaking it. A bold Chaos Dwarf manages to chip the last wound off the Giant and slay him!
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map11.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
Tzeentch Warriors rally. Khorne Warriors charge the Big Un's. 4 Orcs fall, but the Warboss kills 3 and the Orcs still have numbers on their side and they break the Warriors.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map12.jpg

Orc and Goblin Turn 6
Big Un's chase the Khorne Warriors who get clear. Magic can't drop the last few Knights. Finally some lucky spears bring Hellcannon down to half wounds as the game ends.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/ovw7end_map13.jpg

Final Victory Points
Orcs and Goblins – 3196
Warriors of Chaos 2304
A Difference of 892 points – a Minor Victory to the Orcs and Goblins! (8 points off of a Solid Victory)

The Numbers game saved the Green skins here, despite the damage the Warriors did 3 ranks, outnumber and a standard saved the Big Un's and the Night Goblin Spears round after round.
The Fanatics although smashing the Orc Centre also did for the Chaos Knights in the middle too.
The Giant killing the Chaos Lord proved the turning point
That and the Heroic Doom Diver Crew dragging the last Knight out of position
Farewell 7th Edition, you've been fun.

Cold_Blooded
14-07-2010, 11:46
Warriors of Chaos vs Beastmen
2500 points
Pitched Battle

Warriors of Chaos

40 Marauders (Larmour, shields, Nurgle)
5 Maruder Horse (flails)
5 Marauder Horse (music, flails)
18 Warriors of Tzeentch. Shields
10 Hounds
10 Hounds
18 Chosen of Tzeentch. Shields. Favour of Gods
4 Ogres. Great Weapons
Warshrine
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
Rare
Demon Prince. L2. (fire)
Third Eye. Fury of Blood God

Exalted Hero.
BSB. Steed. Shield. Sword of Swiftness.

Beastmen
Beastlord
Great Bray Shaman (death)
Wargor BSB

50 Ungors
32 Gors
10 Ungor Raiders
7 Ungor Raiders
2 Tuskgor Chariots
2 Razorgors
Gorghon
Cygor

Wizards Tower/Building/Building/Walls/Woods/Woods/Swamp of Regen/Alter of Khaine

The Warriors of Chaos were pleased to win the side with the Wizards Tower, which we ruled the Daemon Prince would be able to get into (it has a very big door) and the Marauders of Nurgle planned to stomp around in the swamp
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map01.jpg

Beastmen Turn 1
Army races up as ever. Magic sees Purple Sun cast upon the Tzeentch Warriors but their high I saves them. Caress of Lanith is cast on the BSB but only scores a 3 and doesn't harm him. Chucking his last 2 dice at Soul blight the Bray Shaman loses control!
Its a 3 and a massive vortex of energy wounds him, kills 7 Ungor Raiders and wounds a Minotaur. It gets worse as the Beast player then rolls a 2 and the Great Bray Shaman is no more!
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map02.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1
Pleased by this the Warriors surge forwards, the Marauder Horse loving their new Vanguard move are already around the back of the Beast herd. Daemon Prince flies into the tower, ransacking it for knowledge he places Fire Cage on the Gors.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map03.jpg

Beastmen Turn 2
The Gors wisely don't move. Gorghon restrains itself from hunting horsemen and instead moves towards the tower. Minotaurs and Ungors try to charge the Chaos Warriors but only the Minotaurs reach. The Warriors of Chaos slaughter every last one off them for minimal losses and the Beastmen look stunned.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map04.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2
War hounds long range charge the Ungor Raiders. Ogres charge a Chariot who flees. Warriors charge the other chariot and clip the Ungor Raiders too. Some Horsemen move to block the Gorghon while the Chosen advance. Warshrine gives the Chaos Warriors +1 Attack. War hounds and Ungors draw. Chaos Warriors slaughter their foes once more and overrun into the Cygor.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map05.jpg

Beastmen Turn 3
Ungors charge the Warriors. Gors try to charge Ogres, but fail. Razorgors fail to charge Horsemen. Ungor raider breaks War hounds who escape, Marauders need the Will of Chaos to pass panic. Chaos Warriors are beaten mainly by Thunder stomp and flee, getting away from the onrushing herd.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map06.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3
Ogres charge chariot which flees, they redirect into the Gors. Marauder Horse run the chariot down. Marauders charge the Ungor Raiders. Warriors rally. Marauders win and overrun up. Ogres shock us all by holding against the horde of Gors and Beastlord.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map07.jpg

Beastmen Turn 4
Razorgors charge Shaggoth. Gorghon charges Hounds who flee and redirects into Ogres. Ungors and Cygor recharge Warriors. Shaggoth and Razorgors wound each other but hold. Ogres are slain. Warriors throw out a massive amount of attacks 18 Ungors die and the Half Horn is cut down by the BSB. Steadfast holds the Ungors but Thunder stomp hurts.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map08.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4
Marauder Horse rear charge the Razorgors. Chosen charge the Gors. Shaggoth and Horsemen leave the last Razorgor on 1 wound, it flees but never rallies and quits the board later. The Chosen Champion puts 2 wounds on the Beastlord for no damage and the Elite Chaos Warriors send the Gors packing through the Marauder Horse and down to just 8 and a crippled Lord. Chaos Warriors keep slaying Ungors, BSB wounds the Cygor, Thunder stomp again turns a loss for the beasts into a draw. The Warriors are down to 5
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map09.jpg

Beastmen Turn 5
Gors rally. Gorghon charges Marauders, they're hurt but steadfast. BSB leaves the Cygor on 1 wound, Warriors go down fighting but after Thunder stomp the BSB fighting alone now, but the Ungors are down from 40 to 11 and the Cygor is on its last legs.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map10.jpg

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5
Prince and Shaggoth run round to try and engage the Gors. Horsemen hold the Gors where they are. Gorghon again smashes 6 Marauders who are steadfast. The BSB finally falls, failing to bring down the Cygor.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map11.jpg

Beastmen Turn 6
Gors charge the Horsemen, killing them. Ungors charge the Chaos Chosen to keep them pinned in place. Marauders fail Steadfast and flee the Gorghon
Warriors of Chaos Turn 6
Chosen break what's left of the Ungors. Shaggoth can't reach but Daemon Prince can, he slays the Beastlord and runs down the Gors and ends the game.
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/cold_blooded81/WvB8_map12.jpg

Beastmen VPS – 744
Warriors of Chaos VPS – 1544

A Crushing Victory for the Warriors of Chaos!

Well the first turn miscast on a spell he didn't really need to try changed the whole course of the game. It was the first time we've seen an 8th edition miscast and gave us all food for thought about going sparing with magic.

The Cygor and his Thunder stomp were the Beasts star player, D6 worth of auto hitting S6 hits is a very nice plus for monsters like him who sometimes fail to hit.

Chaos Warriors with a 3+ AS and a 5+ Ward are a pain to shift.

Chosen and Chaos Warriors in 8th look like being the elite force they should always have been

Steadfast won't save you forever ...

Malorian
14-07-2010, 16:18
Nice report. I'm always happy to see wizards fry themselves :D

I think the gorghorn is going to be a really solid choice being that it can heal itself while still doing damage via thunder stump.

LaurentleBete
14-07-2010, 19:07
I think the gorghorn is going to be a really solid choice being that it can heal itself while still doing damage via thunder stump.

I hadn't even thought of that! Thanks for the tip :P

I was really asking for it with the wizard though. After getting off Purple Sun, to then try and cast an unnessecary spell with just two dice... Well, I was begging the Gods of Fate to bite me in the ass. I also forgot that my Beastlord has the Dragonhelm, and should have had a 2+ ward save against the Chosen with Flaming Sword of Rhuin and the Daemon Prince.