great cannon 100pts

great cannon 100pts

6 otriders, champion 142pts

rare

helblaster volly gun 110pts

Total: 1999pts

Jind_Singh
12-02-2010, 19:28
Is actually a really balanced army and is very strong on fluff - it's an arch typical Empire list and i think you'll have good times with it.

Some pointers:

1) Crossbows - take them as a detachment so they dont cause panic if they flee

Thats actually it! Theres not much I'd want to change about the army - Halberdiers are same cost as swordsman but lower WS and ini - but hey, they are Empire! So I repsect your decision to stand by them.
General of the EMpire - another option would be arch lector to get to bound spells, 2 dispell die, and more importantly he gives hatred to the unit he's with - BUT then you lose the option to take a war bannor.
Caption on pegasus - well he's such a tried and tested build that you can't really fauly him - though I also like giving the casket to my arch lector and taking ANOTHER warrior priest on horse -he's 110 pts as he has hvy armour, shild, horse with barding so he has 2+ save! I also throw a cheap 5pt magic weapon on him so he can hurt etherial units, plus he gives hatred to a unit of knights - trust me on this, that is POWERFUL! My unit charged 5 flehsounds, destroyued them, over-ran into another unit of fleshounds and killed them too! Warrior priests on horse with Knights = NICE!

Brady
14-02-2010, 16:48
Is actually a really balanced army and is very strong on fluff - it's an arch typical Empire list and i think you'll have good times with it.

Some pointers:

1) Crossbows - take them as a detachment so they dont cause panic if they flee

Thats actually it! Theres not much I'd want to change about the army - Halberdiers are same cost as swordsman but lower WS and ini - but hey, they are Empire! So I repsect your decision to stand by them.
General of the EMpire - another option would be arch lector to get to bound spells, 2 dispell die, and more importantly he gives hatred to the unit he's with - BUT then you lose the option to take a war bannor.
Caption on pegasus - well he's such a tried and tested build that you can't really fauly him - though I also like giving the casket to my arch lector and taking ANOTHER warrior priest on horse -he's 110 pts as he has hvy armour, shild, horse with barding so he has 2+ save! I also throw a cheap 5pt magic weapon on him so he can hurt etherial units, plus he gives hatred to a unit of knights - trust me on this, that is POWERFUL! My unit charged 5 flehsounds, destroyued them, over-ran into another unit of fleshounds and killed them too! Warrior priests on horse with Knights = NICE!

i second pretty much everything that singh has said, i would definatley try and get a magic weapon in becuase you never know when you will encounter those damn ethereals

nub5
23-02-2010, 22:53
Lord
Gerneral of the empire, amour of meteoric iron,
van horstmann's speculum, great weapon 141pts

heroes
captain of the empire, full plate armour, imperial pegasus
shield, aldred's casket of sorcery, sword of battle 160pts

wizard, level two, rod of power 130pts

wizard, level two, doomfire ring 130pts

core
25 halberdiers, 25 shields, full command, war banner
detachment 10 swordsmen 255pts

25 spearmen, 25 shields, full command
detachment 10 free companies
detachment 10 archers 300pts

10 crossbowmen 80pts

10 handgunners, marksman hochland long rife 105pts

5 knights, musician 123pts

5 kinghts, musician 123pts

special

great cannon 100pts

great cannon 100pts

6 otriders, champion 142pts

rare

helblaster volly gun 110pts

Total: 1999pts

GoTE: I personnaly make sure I have a ward save on my general since I need his leadership. Think of finding points for the 4+ ward save.

Captainsus: Drop the sword of battle and give him a lance. You mainly want him to march block and pull spells. 3 S6 attack on the charge should break the small unit he would go after (crews/scouts) and provide decent support. You may also want to give him a pistol so he can shot peopel he is march blocking.

Wizard level 2: Doomfire ring is nice, but remember the range limitation on it. Depending on how you use the wizard it can be useful. Another alterantive is to just give him one dispel scroll for more magic defense. If you wizard is going to be in range for the ring, than go for it.

Core:
Spearmen: Break up the archer detachment into a two 5 man units. Keep one with the spearmen and put one with the halberds. This way you can screen both units and they are easier to manage. Also think carefully on what you will be facing with this list. The FC are great w/ 2 attacks if they are attacking similiar unit (goblins, empire, skaven). However if not there is a good chance they will die (no armor T3) and provide CR to the enemy. Also they need to be US 5+ to negate ranks. If there main purpose is to negate enemy ranks then you would be better served by swordsmen in a 3x3 formation. They are better protected and the smaller frontage means less attacks against them. Otherwise keep the FC as is cause you want the 5 wide to get the most attacks.

Halberds: Put a 5 man archer detachment on them (from spearmen unit) and drop the swordsmen down to a 3x3. Their main purpose is to deny rank and not kill things.

The sad truth, the Halberds are poor fighters and survivability. I'm not saying get rid of them, but making them your secondary block. This mean that you general and Warbanner should be placed in the spearmen unit.

Crossbowmen: You may or may not want to make them into a detachment. If you plan on deploying them near the handgunners, then yes make them detachment for the handgunners. If you want to put them on opposite side of the board, keep them together.

Handgunners: Only issue is really with the HLR and not the unit. Follow the same rule you follow with warmachines. Bring at least two. Fortunately there is an easy fixed with the outriders.

Outriders: Drop the unit down to 5 and give champ a HLR. You want two of them and the BS 5 on the champ will make the enemy very nervous indeed.

Note: Even with the changes above you may need to drop the Doomfire ring to get the 4+ save on your general.

Jind_Singh
24-02-2010, 20:56
if you want the ward save then swap him out for arch lector and pray for the ward - its not bad, and he can still cast a second prayer