PDA

View Full Version : 2250 'competitive' kislev?

mistrmoon
12-02-2010, 20:45
Alrighty then. You heard right I'm taking my kislev to a tournament at 2250 and need some input, what do you think? Talking to the regional mangaer he said i should use DOW prices for magic items so here goes.

Katarin 495

Boyar 168
bsb
HA
Bsteed
S. o Might

Boyar 122
HA
BSteed
EN shield
Lance

Boyar 114
HA
Bsteed
SH
Lance

Kossars x 23 (232)
FCMND

HAx5 92
mus

HAx5 92
mus

HAx5 92
mus

Winged Lancers x 6 184
FCMND

Winged Lancers x 7 208
FCMND

Winged Lancers x 7 208
FCMND

Gryphon Legion x 7 247
FCMND
Warbanner

TOTAL 2254

Just a few things quick:

The BSB goes into the kossars and the string out fairly wide so they can all shoot. This gives me a unit that can shoot quite well, always stand and shoot and is stubborn on ld8 with a reroll and big enough to be not as worried about fear. also witht he unit being so long i can see roughly where a charge will hit and slide my bsb down to the end to avoid trouble.

Yes I know thats a lot on characters but i feel i need the extra hitting power from them and Katarin is half the reason i play kislev so she is there to stay.

No you cannot put a truthsayer/dark emissary/giant/DOW of an description into kislev (although i really wish i could throw gotrek and felix in).

Boyars make a unit stubborn.

Winged lancers and gryphon legion cause panic on units they charge.

lastly I'm 4 points over that could easily be the barding on one of my steeds for my charcaters, having the barding makes my charcaters tougher but lso slows down my units, what do you think?

Slayerthane
12-02-2010, 21:18
While it is possible to make a kislev standalone list, I don't think its possible to make a competitive one. It is nice that boyars are stubborn, so that you can plop them in a unit of kossars for a nice stubborn 8 tarpit that can shoot. Unfortunately, Winged Lancers and Gryphon legion die quickly when they don't break units on the charge.

I also don't think much of the Lore of Ice. Its a shame that she only has 1 attack. That sword is nasty in combat.

Gorak
13-02-2010, 19:05
hrm the only big problem I see is if you have to play against VC or DOC as your cav will be unable to breakthem on the charge and well panic is....well usless against these armies,not to mention dwarves,elves ect. now if your stuck on the kislev CHEERS mate for playing what you want to play and I hope you score big on the comp score! Mayhaps just add kislev to an empire list? Use the katrina model as your archmage and go nuts!

mistrmoon
14-02-2010, 09:28
as for using them as something eventually when kislev is completely gone, they will likely become a brettonian army. Lots of knights, peasants with bows, mounted heroes and katarin can even be a damsel. The only stretch will be convincing everyone that the polar bear is a hippogriph, polar bears can fly i swear!

Gorak
14-02-2010, 15:57
heh flying polar bears, you could drop a unit of knights for onther kossars unit for onther blcok of stub infantry

Slayerthane
15-02-2010, 16:03
you could drop a unit of knights for onther kossars unit for onther blcok of stub infantry

I would recommend this. I agree that Kossars are probably expensive for what they do in the current edition, but despite what people say about them, they are a very versatile unit. They're decent at shooting and can be decent in CC as well with their great weapons. Also, throwing in a boyar makes them a nice ld8 stubborn unit, which is a half decent tarpit and anvil for your cavalry.