PDA

View Full Version : Cauldron of Blood Question

chase14101
13-02-2010, 16:03
this is probalby a really stupid question, but can a cauldron join a unit? (a unit of 14 WE's for ex.)

Toonces
13-02-2010, 16:23
No, it's a unit of it's own that behaves as a war machine. They cannot leave the warmachine behind save for if they are broken in combat and flee. And if they do flee, they are now their own unit and cannot join with another unit (in much the same way that a fleeing cannon crew could not join an allied unit).

It is possible (however unlikely) if the unit is broken, AND both Hags are dead but the Death Hag is still alive, then the lone Death Hag character could leap into the safety of another unit.

chase14101
13-02-2010, 19:14
ah, thank you sir

jrodrag
16-02-2010, 03:32
That possibility is extremely unlikely as they are unbreakable and the cauldron can't be attacked seperately. The cauldron and its crew, unless someone can point out something I missed, are inseperable. <edit> except through death<edit>

Necromancy Black
16-02-2010, 03:35
Also remember that, and I love this, as a warmachine the cauldron may never march or charge, even if it's frenzied.

Palatine Katinka
18-02-2010, 00:11
Are you sure about the Cauldron Attendants being Unbreakable? I can't see that in the book.

Necromancy Black
18-02-2010, 00:26
That's because it isn't. They are only stubborn.

L1qw1d
10-06-2010, 15:35
It can't march or charge, but they can move (M 5 -1.6" per death). the attendants can be attacked individually unless there are more than 5 of them. The COB HAS a Wound in the DE Army Book- it CAN be destroyed. If it had -, it lives. Oddly enough, the guys on the RBTs DON'T have a Wound...so I guess they just run amok if the RBT is destroyed lol

Ryofo
12-06-2010, 11:29
It can't march or charge, but they can move (M 5 -1.6" per death). the attendants can be attacked individually unless there are more than 5 of them. The COB HAS a Wound in the DE Army Book- it CAN be destroyed. If it had -, it lives. Oddly enough, the guys on the RBTs DON'T have a Wound...so I guess they just run amok if the RBT is destroyed lol

I'd love to see the DE book your using cus mine says "The cauldron cannot be damaged - ignore any hits allocted against it. If it's attendants are killed it is removed immediately".
And my RBT crews have a standard stat line, including a wound.

Kalandros
13-06-2010, 01:57
L1qw1d

Please read your armybook correctly before posting completely incorrect informatino.

southpaw
17-06-2010, 03:44
So, in 8th ed all ranged attacks against a warmachine unit automatically hit the warmachine itself. Since the CoB can not be damaged, does that make the CoB unit immune to all ranged attacks?

Atrahasis
17-06-2010, 08:00
It appears so. I expect they'll fix that soon though. Honest :)