PDA

View Full Version : First dwarf army list. 1500 points, gunlineish

Jake-Man
13-02-2010, 21:42
Heroes

Thane with oath stone, shield, mater rune of swiftness, rune of fury and rune of cleaving(+1strength)

rune priest with great weapon and master rune of balance

Core

20 dwarf warriors with shields and full command

20 long beards with full command

10 thunderers with shields

10 thunderers with shields

special

15 miners with full command and drill

cannon

bolt thrower

Rare

organ gun

thane will accompany the long beards and the rune preist will accompany the warriors.

Plan is to set up the war machines together centre of the board... 2 units of warriors either side. then the thunderers will take up positions on the flans. the miners obvioulsy do there thing and mine there way onto the enemys flank.

any tips on how to better arm my thane or rune preist are apprieciated... as are ideas on weathere i should swap some units for something else etc.... thanks guys!

Kill Krazy
14-02-2010, 07:34
drop the miners for hammerers.You need a solid elite unit.

Also you don't really need an oath stone as its too expensive for this many points to be honest , and it cause big problems when you try to get table quarters.

Drop the cannon.I know it seems wierd but dwarf cannons aren't as good as people think they are.Buy another bolt thrower with the spare points.Use the remainder of the points to buff up the hammerers.

One of the runepriest runes works excactly like a dispel scroll , get rid of the one he has now and give him 2 of the dispel scroll like runes.

mistrmoon
14-02-2010, 09:25
runes and engineer on the bolt thrower for sure.

Jake-Man
14-02-2010, 20:44
ok.... so runes and engineer.... also i dont see what all the hype is over hammerers.... the models arent that nice in my opinion, they arent as hard as people make out.... theyre just long beads with great weapons.... i have long berdsaand i thought better armour would be more important.... but i can give them great weapons if thats what people think the right way to go is

Kill Krazy
14-02-2010, 21:07
the thing most people don't get is that you never use hammerers with great weapons. You always give them shields.It's one of the most common mistakes i see with most dwarf players.

Jake-Man
14-02-2010, 21:25
if ur not usin em for there great weapons why not just take long beards? they're cheaper and same stat line.... plus its a core choice

Caiphas Cain
14-02-2010, 21:31
Beacause they are unbreakable/stubborn/whatever.

qwertycg
03-03-2010, 23:56
if ur not usin em for there great weapons why not just take long beards? they're cheaper and same stat line.... plus its a core choice

Yes they are quite unstoppable with the lord.

I would drop the long beards down for such a small game. Otherwise not a bad list.