PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Stegadons

PurchasedPig
14-02-2010, 12:17
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right section but I couldn't really think where else to put it.

I'm a long time player of both fantasy and 40k and play many armies and lots of fun is had all round. Unfortunately I really can't figure out how to transport my lizardmen stegadons to events without either demolishing a Carry Case and leaving no room for the rest of my army or having them break inside a random cardboard box.

I would appreciate any answers that could help alleviate my problems, what does everyone else do? They really are lovely models and having them break is just a pain.

Thanks in advance,

- PurchasedPig -

Geshmaal
14-02-2010, 16:22
A simple but expensive answer would be this:
http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?item=210&catid=24&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D24

Of course, you have to buy the case to go with it so the price can get fairly high. Battlefoam will also do custom trays to the measurement of a GW case, but they'll obviously be deeper than the standard trays in order to carry a Stegadon.

ShaggothLord
14-02-2010, 16:53
I use a toolbox I have that does not have a top or handle. I do not have pictures(home made in Cub Scouts) but fits about 7 monsters.

Gork or Possibly Mork
14-02-2010, 17:01
The tactics of tranporting stegadons.:D

1. Buy yourself a metal case that the steg(s) can fit in standing up.
2. Magnitize your stegadon bases.

This worked quite well for me. Even a tall shoe box with magnitized bottom (floor) would work.

danny-d-b
14-02-2010, 18:14
WHY did you think this was the correct section- tactics?????

sorry man but its more likely to be in genral!!!

some people need to learn- tactics is about the game, not about how you get to said game!

Dantès
15-02-2010, 13:45
tactics, danny my friend, are not just the generals plans once battle is met, but how he prepares his army before hand. If his poor steggies break...he will be down a steggie for the battle!

Bladelord
15-02-2010, 17:07
Indeed Dantès right. Taking casaulties before the game has started sucks!

Dead Man Walking
15-02-2010, 21:05
I use to put a 40k army in a tool box but during transportation its bound to fall over when your car comes to a red light. Foam trays are the only way to go. Buy two of the taller foam trays and use one as the bottom and the other as the cap. That should be able to carry 3 steggies per tray and a little extra space for something else (Mine carry 3 new steggies and one old steggie.). Then you can stack them in a carrying case.