PDA

View Full Version : beastmen 2k

Lord Gordonis
15-02-2010, 10:40
malagor *
morghur ^
bray shamen w/2 scrolls

3x 10 ungor raiders (^ will join a unit of raiders)
2x tuskgor chariots

3x minotaurs w/champ, standard, great wpns
19x bestigors w/FC, war banner *

2x 5 harpies

Cygor

1992pts

so what do people think?

LG

mightygnoblar
15-02-2010, 11:04
i think you have got far too much going on in this list, it lacks focus and will suffer from trying to do too many things at once

firstly for your characters, il start off by saying that i wouldnt recommemd taking both malagor and morghur in the same list, both are very pricy and dont really have any synergy together, you would be better off with either concentrating on magic with malagor and a couple of shamans or taking morghur and an single shaman with scrolls for defense.

Even with that aside, in the list above you have morghur joining a unit of raiders, he cant do this as he is unbreakable and thus cannot join non unbreakable units, also the bestigor unit is not a very good place for malagor, one of his major boons is that he can fly, he is better off moving around by himself imo

your army also looks very small, i would try to drop some shiny stuff for some more men

Lord Gordonis
15-02-2010, 20:29
ok, thats gash

LG

Seabo
16-02-2010, 00:57
Only solid static res unit is the Bestigors and guaranteed that is going to get blasted fast.
Kinda divided on the idea of Standard, Champ in Minotaur units. Before the new book I tended to add a standard but now they are just way more uber (S7 GW rocks ;)).

Lord Gordonis
16-02-2010, 08:07
Yeah very true against harder opponents, I was also toying with a new idea, get rid of the bray shamen, the standard and champ from mino's, lose a bestigor and add slugtongue, he will also join the bestigor unit??

LG

Lord Gordonis
22-03-2010, 12:43
After a long time re-writing the list and playing with it I decided on a few changes here's the new list:

Malagor ^
Morghur (will be the general of my army)
Slugtongue*

3x 10 Ungor Raiders (* he will join a unit of raiders)
2x Tuskgor Chariots

Bestigor Herd ^
x17, command, war banner

Minotaurs
x3, great weapons

2x 5 harpies

Cygor

1993pts

So far this list has won 2 (dark elves & Chaos warrior list), lost 1 (skaven), and drawn 1 (chaos maruder list). I played against a dark elf player who set up in 1 corner so put slugtongue so it coud get most of his units that were in the corner. Before the game began I did slugtongues special ability. I casued 4 wounds on the hydra after saves, cpl of wounds on 1 boltthrower, 6 wounds on a unit of cold one knights with malus, and killed his bsb on chariot outright and the guy gave up before the first turn. In the next cpl of weeks i will be playing against skaven, 2 daemons lists, and a vampire list. Then I will make changes if I need to. What does everyone think??

LG

Steimy188
22-03-2010, 18:27
how has morghur worked out for ya, im curious?

tkkultist
23-03-2010, 02:57
problem (I think) Morghur is unbreakable - acording to the rules I think this means he cannot join your unit of ungors.....

Lord Gordonis
23-03-2010, 08:28
how has morghur worked out for ya, im curious?

He is great just sitting behind a unit of raiders just creating spawns to tie up charges and to charge in as well. He's also a great charge on the flank with a spawn as well try to move 2 unbreakable units on the flank.

LG

maaksel
24-03-2010, 14:09
You may want to concentrate on a list without 3 named characters...

Lord Gordonis
28-03-2010, 20:03
i did try to write a list without named characters, they just too expensive for so little they could do. Last wednesday played against a combat dwarf list (5th game out of 7), lost the game in turn 3, thoughts of the game bestigors??? still got a question over them, they got into combat against hammers, could have got a draw if the dwarf lord didnt do 2d6 wounds. they are a expensive bunker for a wizard, or they are just rubbish full stop, so im thinking when ive finished my 7 games with the list im thinking of dropping them in favour for razorgores or something else.

LG