Giant-225

Units Planned to Ambush:
X20 Gors- Additional Hand Weapon, Musician, Standard Bearer-175
X5 Ungor Raiders-Musician- 33
X5 Ungor Raiders- Musician- 33
X5 Ungor Raiders- Musician- 33

mightygnoblar
15-02-2010, 16:14
a few things, firstly i wouldnt bother with the crown of horns on the doombull, its an expensive item to begin with and isnt really best served on the ld 8 doombull, also being unit strength 5 means that he can be picked out of units by shooting, this makes protective items top priority...i would either go with either the troll hide armour or the pelt of shadowgave with gnarled hide, heavy armour and a shield for starters.

One scroll caddy is usually enough, especially with the cygor in their...if you are set on two at least find that extra 25 points for that second scroll.

The gor look good, although i prefer 24.

You may have a few too many ungor raider squads, try combining some of them into ten man squads to give your bray shamans somewhere safe to hide.

I would like to see at least one squad of minotaurs with two hand weapons, while the great weapons are the best for cracking armour the extra attacks really make a difference against light infantry.

id probably drop the giant for more substance, i dont think more blocks would go amiss, maybe some chariots...i just dont think the giant brings much to the table, if you really want the second big guy, id find the extra 50 pts and go for either another cygor, ghorgon or jabberslythe

hope that helps

Rogzor87
16-02-2010, 08:52
If I remember Correctly the Doombull is actually US 3 not 5. So he can be in a unit and not be picked out by enemy shooting. I myself is also a Fan of alot of small Ungor raiders. They might not last long for screaning but there cheap and if you take alot that means you will have many ambusher's to pester enemy gunlines and Warmachines hiding in the back

mightygnoblar
16-02-2010, 11:11
my mistake....i was getting the monster rules confused there for a minute Doh!! :p

i still however dont think that the crown is worth it, its far better suited on the ld 9 beastlord than the minotaur, especially as those minotaur units should really want to be killing enemy units rather than losing combat, i mean for the points you save you could get either the brass cleaver or the axes of khorgor, (strength 6 is usually enough) and then many armed monstrosity....whats not to like about 8-10 attacks. Plus this would still cost you less than the crown.

Mooseman007
16-02-2010, 18:53
Thank you both. Still considering about changing the lord, not sure if i should keep the crown and put him in one of the Gor units. Not sure if its really worth it, any advice on him?

Tauren
16-02-2010, 19:43
Well for starters, here's a problem with putting a minotaur in a gor unit. You will only ever overrun 1d6. That's a lot of points for that limitation.