PDA

View Full Version : No Slann Allowed!!! 5/6/7: The Forced Alliance

Malorian
15-02-2010, 17:15
Slann Allowed!!! 5/6/7

The jungle quaked as Itchy-Buum's army marched on the temple city of Quetzlevile, and with the evidence that the slann, Da-Frog-Mann, wasn't supposed to be in charge they were really looking forward to making up for years of abuse.

However when the temple city came into view all of their thoughts changed... Quetzlevile was under attack!

From all around dark elves were laying seige to the city, and even though the city guard was doing the best to fight it off theu numbers were much reduced from those that had left to join Itchy-Buum and so they were fighting a losing battle, largely because the dark eles were supported by undead ans orc forces.

Suddenly the saurus beside Itchy-Buum began to shake and turned towards the scarvet.

"You know if you took off that damned tinfoil hat I coudl talk to you directly."

"Ahhh, Da-Frog-Mann, looks like you aren't so powerful after all eh?"

The saurus raised an eyebrow, "I seem to remember that you recently got your tail handed to you by a dark elve army..."

"Well... they cheated and..."

"Enough, it doesn't matter. We need to join forces if the temple city is to be saved. We can settle our differences later."

Itchy-Buum thought for a moment as he would have loved to have the dark elves kill the slann for him, but then again he had no wish to have the temple city destroyed. "Ok toad, you have a deal."

With a roar the scarvet ordered his lizardmen army into battle and between them and the city defenders the odds were now even.

My list:

Scarvet w/ piranha blade, light armor, shield, bane head, coldone
Skink chief w/ extra hand weapon, light armor, shield, cloak of feathers
Lvl 2 skink priest w/ diadem of power, scroll

18 spear saurus w/ banner, musician
10 skirmishing skinks
10 skinks
10 skinks
10 skinks
Jungle swarm

3 terradons
7 cold one cav
7 cold one cav
6 chameleon skinks

2 razordons
Salamander w/ extra handler

Total: 2250

So I made youtube reports for these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q70Aeagt7SU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1sXc_peqCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3mu7-TZyuc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkyOTenTZ2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd9Z3Nt6s58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKWpdWgFG70

End fluff: (Please watch reports first)

The dark elve attackers, along with their allies, were defeated, and the temple city was saved. However the fighting was far from over...

In center square the lizardmen forces of the scarvet Itchy-Buum and the slann Da-Frog-Mann, who but moments ago where fighting on the same side, now formed up ranks to fight each other.

Very soon only one side would remain and either a lizardman with a tinfoil hat or a magical frog would rule the city.

selone
15-02-2010, 18:28
Just watched VC game- clinical display there of how to beat VC's with Liz's (bane head the general :D)

The DE game has the awful weather rules which are a great idea but terrible in execution. Sucks to be brets under those rules ;) An I test modified based on your armour would be much fairer and there'd be another trigger for the ice cracking.

I thought that the second game was very good, very to and fro.

The third scenario is a bit turtle-tastic isn't it. The last game is so bad luck-wise it's funny :)

Seabo
15-02-2010, 19:30
Nice reports :)
Too bad Krazyface went up against Blackjack...would have liked to have seen Itchy-Buum finally get his wish and trash Da Frogman ;)
Grats to Blackjack on the final game thumpin lol.

Desert Rain
15-02-2010, 19:54
This was the first time I've ever watched a Youtube battle report so that was fun. Some interesting scenarios as well. Great work on the reports as well :)

Toshiro
15-02-2010, 21:06
I liked the reports, good job as usual Mal :D

warlord hack'a
15-02-2010, 21:20
interesting read, scrap that, listen. In the first battle he could have charged with his knights versus your flying skink as he could have wheeled before contact and thus aim more for your line and he could (and did I believe) block your knight unit with his last remaining fellbat from countercharging, sort of, perhaps..

As for the last battle, that's what you deserve when you play defensive with orcs ;-). Can his terradons fly into the woods? Normal flyers + woods equals dead flyers..

Stegadeth
15-02-2010, 21:23
Terradons have a special "Arboreal" rule allowing them to treat woods as regular terrain.

blackjack
15-02-2010, 22:31
Your U tube reports are getting better and better! I think we either need to have a face off Itchy against De Slann man or a team game where Itchy and Da Slann fight off a huge enemy army together then kiss and make up.

Stegadeth
15-02-2010, 22:32
Slann on Saurus kissing. What is this world coming to?

N810
15-02-2010, 22:34
Cool reports Mal :)
Good to see that Lizards won all of the matches :p
(tough luck with your Orcs)

Malorian
15-02-2010, 22:49
In the first battle he could have charged with his knights versus your flying skink as he could have wheeled before contact and thus aim more for your line and he could (and did I believe) block your knight unit with his last remaining fellbat from countercharging, sort of, perhaps.

Fliers are skirmsihers, as per the FAQ when you chase fleeing skirmishers you do so dowards the closest model.

So when skirmishers flee they pick the direction as opposed to when they take the charge and the charger picks the direction.

Gork or Possibly Mork
15-02-2010, 23:38
Great batreps.

VC game was brilliant. DE also brilliant but the rules were a bit odd.

You kind of let the cat out of the bag for the third game starting off with..."I was really confident going into this game". Lol I thought to myself...uh ohh!!!

BlackJack played a hell of a game. I think it would have been better to hold with that chariot. Sure it would have been destroyed ( he had a Gw right?) but I think he was expecting you to flee so he easily punch through that gap and get to the wolves then maybe overun and or panic the machines then tag team from the other side with the terries, then just march block sit back and blast away with magic and the sallies as you approach and use the center terrain to split your forces.

On second thought that wouldn't have worked either since your machines failed to take the vet down anyway but looking at it again you could have deployed the savages behind the chariot instead of the wolves. BlackJack found the weak part of the fence punched through and pretty much picked you apart from there.

Either way though your horrible luck from the get go and it was all down hill from there getting progressively worse.

Now Im even more interested in seing Da Frog Mann vs. Itchy Bumm.

I really did learn a few tricks from these and I hope you will do some more vids in the future. Not that I don't enjoy the text reports but It comes across much better and gives you more insight in this format imo.

Thanks again for taking the time to put these up I really enjoyed them ( although little Mal may disagree ) I think I heard some :cries: during the DE one.:)

Cheers
Gork Or Possibly Mork

warlord hack'a
16-02-2010, 05:05
Fliers are skirmsihers, as per the FAQ when you chase fleeing skirmishers you do so dowards the closest model.

So when skirmishers flee they pick the direction as opposed to when they take the charge and the charger picks the direction.

Of course, you would have fled, so the wheeling would not happen with the black knights, good point.. Learned something new, skirmishers indeed flee along the line measured from the center of the charging unit to the closest visible skirmisher, a rule that can and will be heavily (ab)used by the people that see the potential.

He still could have charged though as he could have pulled the same trick with his fellbat that you pulled with your skink chief.

Keep up the batreps, especially combined with your brilliant fluff!

Malorian
16-02-2010, 14:01
You kind of let the cat out of the bag for the third game starting off with..."I was really confident going into this game". Lol I thought to myself...uh ohh!!!

Well in this case it wasn't long until it was clear which way it was going ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

blackjack
16-02-2010, 15:16
BlackJack played a hell of a game. I think it would have been better to hold with that chariot. Sure it would have been destroyed ( he had a Gw right?) but I think he was expecting you to flee so he easily punch through that gap and get to the wolves then maybe overun and or panic the machines then tag team from the other side with the terries,

Thanks for the compliments.

My plan was to take out his chariot and over run into his wolfs, kill his wolfs on his turn then attack his war machine hill. I did not think he would flee with his chariot and do 1d6+1 impact hits to 2 of his own units, but that is exactly what he did.

Basically I got silly lucky with my Jag vet in the first two turns and that meant I could tear apart his back lines, forcing Malorian to take huge risks on the front lines to try to make things up. Malorian caught no luck with his gambles so it turned into a massacre for me.

Herminard
21-02-2010, 15:51
Now Im even more interested in seing Da Frog Mann vs. Itchy Bumm.

This

I really did learn a few tricks from these and I hope you will do some more vids in the future. Not that I don't enjoy the text reports but It comes across much better and gives you more insight in this format imo.

..and this

Thanks again for taking the time to put these up I really enjoyed them

..and this

Very good effort!

Once Bitten
22-02-2010, 00:21
Great batreps, Mal. I'm glad to see you making for w/ the slideshow format. Your fluff is fun to read, but I can follow the game better - and the thinking behind the moves - in this video format.