PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Wood Elf list

badgeraddict
15-02-2010, 17:56
Hi all.

Ok, I've a game coming up against either Wood Elves or Orcs & Goblins using my Wood Elves.

Not sure what I should take. Anywho here is the list I have come up with.

Wardancer Noble
Stone of the Crystal Mere

Altar Noble
Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
Hail of Doom Arrow
Helm of the Hunt

Spellsinger
Level 2

Branchwraith
Level 1
A Cluster of Radiants

10 Glade Guard w/ Musician

10 Glade Guard w/ Musician

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

5 Glade Riders w/ Musician

5 Glade Riders w/ Musician

6 Wardancers w/ Musician

3 Treekin

6 Waywatchers

Treeman

Comments please!

Kukkelukke
15-02-2010, 18:09
In my experience waywatchers are very rarely worth their points. If I were you i would kick them out and get another treekin. The problem with a unit consisting of 3 treeking is that if 1 falls the unit is a lot weaker. Having 4 makes them able to take more wounds and still hold a charge after that ;)

Also i would drop the extra level on the spellsinger. Athel Loren is not that good. If you make him a scroll caddie instead, youŽll stand a better chance against any magic-based army.

If you plan to let your Wardancer hero join the wardancers i would take about 8 wardancers instead making them less vurneable against shooting.

And all this should save you enough points to get that extra unit of dryads :D Good luck

badgeraddict
15-02-2010, 18:12
Unfortunetly I only have 3 Treekin and I am pretty attached to my Waywatchers. :)

abcz417
15-02-2010, 18:19
Waywatchers can be very effective. If you know how to use them then definitely keep them. The only change I'd make is dropping your spellslinger to a level 1 and getting a dispell scroll - though this may not be too crucial given who your likely to face...

I also really like Blades of Loec on my Wardancer Noble, but that's just personal prefernce.

Good luck.

Darktheos
24-02-2010, 18:46
I have played wood elves off and on since this book came out. Aside from humor of being called "weight watchers" the Waywatchers have only ever once out of probably 100 game done something useful i.e. killing blow on a chaos lord.