PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pnt. Character Light Lizarmen

Volker the Mad Fiddler
16-02-2010, 00:56
Opinions welcome-

Scar Vet- Cold One, Light Armor and Shield, Piranha Blade, Banehead
goes with
5 Cold One Riders [Full command- in case I have to go after characters in units, I have a champion to answer a challenge from enemy champions]

Scar Vet- Cold One, Light Armor and Shield, Burning Blade [or Sword of Might], Curse Charm
goes with
6 Cold One Riders

Skink Priest- Diadem, Dispel Scroll

2 X 18 Saurus with Std. Mus.

2 X 10 skinks with mus.

2 X 10 skink skirmishers

3 Terradons

11 skinks with 1 Krox [Lizard replacement/counter for fast cav.]

2 X 1 salamander

10 skinks [because I had 50 points left]

Gorak
16-02-2010, 01:56
I'd add a second d.scroll on skink proest for use against heavy magic

Stegadeth
16-02-2010, 02:04
I'd add a second d.scroll on skink proest for use against heavy magic

He can't add it. He could only replace the diadem of power with it, which would likely be less useful.

WarmbloodedLizard
16-02-2010, 10:40
[Full command- in case I have to go after characters in units, I have a champion to answer a challenge from enemy champions]

edit: wrote nonsense

also, never take a champ in a 5-strong cav unit if you want a character to join them as that leaves only 4 RnF models and prevents "look out, sir!"-rolls: one cannonbal spells "bye, bye" to your character. (just move one coldone from the second unit to the first) [don't run them 7 wide, though. usually putting one or two in the back rank makes them much more maneuverable]

and instead of the 50 pts skinks i'd take extra handlers and a terradon. 4 terradons are infinitely better than 3.

and make one of your scarvets the BSB (drop curse charm for it)

whether 3DD+2 scrolls or 4DD + 1 scroll are better is debateable and depends on the opponent. I would say, against most armies, the first ist better, while against TK, VC and WE the second one can be better.

scarvet
16-02-2010, 15:17
Agree with WarmbloodedLizard

The 11 skink+ 1 Kroxigor may disappiont you a lot since you have Cold One Cavalry.

Make both Cold One unit 5 with standard and muisican.

And you wouldn't get 4DD with Diadem in 1st turn if you good 2nd. Maybe you should drop some Skirmisher for a 2nd cattle, or have Ethereal Slann+Scarvet combo.

Volker the Mad Fiddler
16-02-2010, 18:27
Agree with WarmbloodedLizard

The 11 skink+ 1 Kroxigor may disappiont you a lot since you have Cold One Cavalry.

Make both Cold One unit 5 with standard and muisican.

And you wouldn't get 4DD with Diadem in 1st turn if you good 2nd. Maybe you should drop some Skirmisher for a 2nd cattle, or have Ethereal Slann+Scarvet combo.

Isn't it 5 dispel dice in subsequent rounds [3 + 2 in the diadem]? Also, what is a cattle in this context [another priest]?

As for the skink/krox I want to give them a try just because everyone seems to think they are next to useless.

WarmbloodedLizard
16-02-2010, 20:42
Isn't it 5 dispel dice in subsequent rounds [3 + 2 in the diadem]? Also, what is a cattle in this context [another priest]?

As for the skink/krox I want to give them a try just because everyone seems to think they are next to useless.

to get 2 DD from the diadem, the priest has to be level 2, which makes him quite expensive.
yes, I assume he means caddie not cattle.

skrox units are ok. they are bad at most of their jobs but their versatility makes up for that. just never forget to use all their abilities (like throwing javelins and fear tests).

scarvet
17-02-2010, 15:57
cattle because it is like the scroll donkey in talisman.....forget it.
An with the extra Priest you got another DD without Diadem...or just plain 4 scrolls for magic shunt down while you are moving in.

Remember most magic missiles bounce off Saurus.

Skrox unit isn't exactly next to useless....it is just not good for Lizardmen which has a lot more flankers.....