PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Rhinox cavalry Rules

Vogon
22-05-2005, 12:28
Greetings all

It wold appear that the experimental rules for the Ogre Rhinox cavalry are up on the forge world website.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/PDF/rhinox.pdf

(thanks Brimstone)

However thay do appear somewhat confusing. Any ideas on how they're ment to work? The problem seems to be where the Bull Rhinox Rider comes from instead of just a Rhinox Rider.

Cheers

Vogon

Griefbringer
22-05-2005, 12:42
I guess that the sentence "Bull Rhinox Riders have a Unit Strenght of 6" should not be there - probably just a typo.

The option of additional hand weapon for cavalry puzzles me, though.

Vogon
22-05-2005, 13:26
I'm not al that surea s in the special rules it says that Rhinox fauce Fear but Bull Rhinox cause terror and are a large target.

My guess is that upgrading from a normal Rhinox to a Bull Rhinox is an option that they've forgotten to include a points cost for.

vogon

Griefbringer
22-05-2005, 18:39
I'm not al that surea s in the special rules it says that Rhinox fauce Fear but Bull Rhinox cause terror and are a large target.

Cause fear might be referring to the Ogre rider, not the beast itself.

I must admit that the rules are vague - I would presume that all those references to Rhinox, Bull Rhinox and Rhinoxen are the same thing.

I am not claiming that your theory is bad, but in case it is true then they have forgotten to include the profile to non-Bull Rhinox. And the accompanying fluff is not mentioning anything that would especially support that theory.

I guess somebody should contact Phil Kelly and try to figure out what he had in mind when writing that stuff.

wolfatbar
28-12-2005, 00:11
I must admit that the rules are vague - I would presume that all those references to Rhinox, Bull Rhinox and Rhinoxen are the same thing.

That's my take on it as well:
"Bull Rhinox" and "Rhinox" mean the exact same thing. (with "Rhinoxen" being the plural...)
Likewise, "Rhinox Rider" and "Bull Rhinox Rider" also mean the exact same thing.
The "Thunderlord" is simply a champion.

The profile includes the rider and mount separately, as per usual cavalry, and includes a separate line for the rider champion.

|There is no reference to fear anywhere that I can see. Rhinox riders cause Terror!

Simple as that!

Oh, yeah, and have a unit strength of 6 per rider (which sorta makes sense: a monster with 5 wounds, plus a rider [albeit normally a three-wound rider])

Atrahasis
28-12-2005, 10:28
The rules on the Forgeworld website are out of date.

The official rules for Rhinox Cavalry were published in the September 2005 WD in the UK (also in teh US, but it may have been August or Spetember, I don't know).

"Bull Rhinox" is indeed an upgrade for standard rhinoxen.