PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Point VC list

redx514
16-02-2010, 13:52
Hey guys i don't really post here often but I've recently had an interest in WFB and bought a load of vampire counts, now I'm trying to make a good competitive list, not for a tournament just for playing with friends and in FLGS.

Vampire lord: Level 3, Master of the black arts, Forbidden lore, Summon ghouls, Helm of commandment, Black Periapt, Wristbands of Black Gold, The Cadaverous Cuirass
445 pts

Vampire: Dark acolyte, Summon ghouls, The Flayed Hauberk, Sceptre De Noirot
195 pts

Vampire: Dark acolyte, Summon ghouls, The Book of Arkhan,
180 pts

Wight king: BSB, Great Weapon, Drakenhof banner, Dispel scroll
235 pts

10 Crypt ghouls: Ghast
88 pts

88 pts

88 pts

88 pts

Corpse cart: Balefire
100 pts

20 Grave guard: Full command, Banner of the dead legion, Great Weapons
315 pts

Varghulf
175 pts

4 Cairn wraiths, 1 Tomb Banshee (Remove for 2k)
225 pts

Also seeing as people usually play 2k games I've made easily changeable into a 2000 point list just in case i need to, so feedback please ^^

Gorak
16-02-2010, 14:18
Go with shieldson graveguard killing blow and a 3+ save is better imho than 6str,furthermore I also like skeltons over ghouls cause static combat res(banner) plus armour is also nice. As for banenr of the deadlegion I'd go with banner of the barrows much nicer for graveguard.

redx514
16-02-2010, 15:48
Go with shieldson graveguard killing blow and a 3+ save is better imho than 6str
Doesn't the great weapons also have killing blow?
""Wight Blade: Any weapon carried by a Grave Gaurd makes magical attack. The weapon also has the killing blow special rule."[/QUOTE]

furthermore I also like skeltons over ghouls cause static combat res(banner) plus armour is also nice. As for banenr of the deadlegion I'd go with banner of the barrows much nicer for grave guard.
I'll make a skeleton list, I'll try to get 4 squads in, probably not as i think skeletons cost more points

Also if i give the Wight King, Black Axe of Krell, i think?, does it multiply wounds by D3 on the whole unit or on the model it has wounded?

redx514
16-02-2010, 18:50
Here is my new skeleton list:

Vampire lord: Level 3, Master of the black arts, Forbidden lore, Lord of the Dead, Helm of commandment, Black Periapt, Wristbands of Black Gold, The Cadaverous Cuirass 445 pts

Vampire: Dark acolyte, Lord of the Dead, The Flayed Hauberk, Sceptre De Noirot
195 pts

Vampire: Dark acolyte, Lord of the Dead, The Book of Arkhan,
180 pts

Wight king: BSB, Great Weapon, Drakenhof banner, Dispel scroll (Remove scroll for 2k)
235 pts

10 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Musician, Standard: of Endless Nightmare
125 pts
10 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Musician, Standard: of the Dead Legion
125 pts

10 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Musician, Standard: of Hellfire
110 pts

10 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Musician, Standard: War Banner
125 pts

20 Grave guard: Full command, Banner of the Barrows
315 pts

Varghulf
175 pts

225 pts

It is 5 points over and I'm not sure what I could take out. More critism would be helpful :) Thank you

smallgreenguy
16-02-2010, 20:46
I actually like yor list. The only thing I would change is removing one of your 4 skeleton units. 3 skel units and one graveguard is definitely enough, and provides a bunker for each of your heroes. Especially since you're not super magic heavy (I know, lol) you don't want have to divide your IoNs among too many units. Plus you'll have enough zombies raised if you feel you're lacking RnF troops.

If anything, think about boosting the 3 skele units left to ~15 or so troops. If the opponent goes first and they have any decent shooting, they will easily e able to take out a unit of 10 skeletons before you get a chance to spam IoN on them to beef them up.

Eisenhorn
16-02-2010, 21:06
I Think it looks good, but you are spending way to much points on the magic banners and your characters.

I prefer to run my Lord as my main raiser and then i just get Dark Acolyte and Avatar of death for my hero vamps. That keeps them cheap and effective, I give them a shield and sword for the 3+ save. Their main use is to raise zombies with raise dead and boost the combat res of my ghoul unites.

You might get more models into 2000k points by doing this.

Another thing 10 strong skeletons are not that good even though you are going to raise them. If you are going against a gun line or a list with good magic defense then you will never get them up to a decent size.

I prefer unites of 14 if i have a vamp in the unit, if not then 15.

-Azindal-
16-02-2010, 21:40
The list looks good.

Just a few things though, Your lord has ranged ward not sure how useful that will be if he is in a bunker.

Your bsb cannot have a scroll and a magic banner so you need to remove that.

As some others have said, dropping the 4th unit and bumping the others up to 14-15 to stop them from being killed in 1 turn. Also musicians on the skellies are a waste imo.

Great weps are awesome on Graveguard when protected by the hoff.

Also is that wraith unit 3&banshee? Or 4& banshee? As if it's 4&banshee as it looks then the points are wrong.

It's a solid list other than the few bits

redx514
16-02-2010, 21:56
Haha, if this isn't magic heavy I don't know what is. It has 12 Power Dice, 6 Dispel dice and 3 wizards, personally I thought thats a bit too much at 2000. Anyway here's my new list:

Vampire lord: Level 3, Master of the black arts, Forbidden lore, Lord of the Dead, Helm of commandment, Black Periapt, Wristbands of Black Gold, The Cadaverous Cuirass 445 pts

195 pts

Vampire: Dark acolyte, Lord of the Dead, The Book of Arkhan,
180 pts

Wight king: BSB, Great Weapon, Drakenhof banner, Dispel scroll (Remove scroll for 2k)
235 pts

15 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Musician, Standard: of Endless Nightmare
165 pts

15 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Musician, Standard: of the Dead Legion
165 pts

15 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Musician, Standard: of Hellfire
150 pts

20 Grave guard: Full command, Banner of the Barrows
315 pts

Varghulf
175 pts

225 pts

I was thinking maybe instead of 14 of those extra skeletons, I could take a corpse cart with balefire or unholy lodestone, personally I'm thinking balefire would be better as i have more than enough power dice

smallgreenguy
16-02-2010, 23:05
12? I only see 11 power dice. But I only consider full magic of 14 PD magic heavy for VC. Simply because I never see anyone run anything else in real life. Certainly though 10+ PD is magic heavy for most other armies!

Also I think your army looks good. I wouldn't take a corpse cart but that's just preference. It's never really done much for me. The model is awesome though. And if you did take it I would go for balefire.

complexfire
16-02-2010, 23:07
FYI the Wight can't take the dispel scroll. :) other than that not a bad looking army!

redx514
16-02-2010, 23:10
Yeah, sorry I forgot I didn't give the lord Dark Acolyte, it is 11 power dice.
Updated again :)

Vampire lord: Level 3, Master of the black arts, Forbidden lore, Lord of the Dead, Helm of commandment, Wristbands of Black Gold, The Cadaverous Cuirass, Enchanted Shield 445 pts

195 pts (Remove Sceptre for 2k)

Vampire: Dark acolyte, Lord of the Dead, The Book of Arkhan
180 pts

Wight king: BSB, Great Weapon, Drakenhof banner
235 pts

15 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Standard: of Endless Nightmare
161 pts

14 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Standard: of the Dead Legion
161 pts

15 Skeleton Warriors: Champion, Standard: of Hellfire
146 pts

20 Grave guard: Full command, Banner of the Barrows, Great Weapons
335 pts

Varghulf
175 pts

3 Cairn wraiths, 1 Tomb Banshee (Remove for 2k) (thank you for pointing out mistake in points its meant to be 3 wraiths and a banshee)
225 pts

Okay it's exactly 2250/2000 points, any more feedback is welcome, but I'm pretty happy with that (: I might start one of those painting blog things they do on the painting section after my exams, if i can get a decent camera, my little brother broke our current one :/

smallgreenguy
17-02-2010, 02:21
Awesome. List is solid! I want to see your painting blog too!

Glad you're taking wraiths too... They are too fun. And look awesome. Rolling double 6s on ghostly howl against a block of knights is freaking hilarious.

shredshredxx
01-03-2010, 07:11
your lord can't have both the cadaverous cuirass and the enchanted shield.

what unit are you planning on putting your vampires in? even bunkered, there are things that can reach them, and when they do, they're only t4 w2. some kind of save on them is hugely important. plus, if you armour them up, they can put those great stats to good use and participate in combats.

good luck with the list!!

Mullitron
01-03-2010, 13:35
Is wristbands of black gold worth it when ur vampire is in a unit?