PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos: 2000 Points with Doom Totem

Poseidal
16-02-2010, 14:51
I'm thinking of a list to use the Doom Totem, I've drawn up the following:

1 Exalted Champion, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Enchanted Shield, Filth Mace @ 225
1 Exalted Champion, Mark of Slaanesh, Shield, Steed, Halberd, Battle Standard, Doom Totem @ 245
1 Sorcerer, 2xDispel Scrolls @ 135

25 Marauders, MoS, Light Armour and Shields, Full Command @ 180
5 Horsemen, MoS, Light Armour, Throw Axes and Flails, Musician @ 106
10 Marauders, MoK, Flails, Musician, Champion @ 92
3 x 5 Hounds @ 90

5 Knights, MoK @ 230
3 Dragon Ogres, Great Weapons @ 231

1 Hellcannon @ 205
1 Giant, MoS @ 265

1999 points, 68 models

I have two 'natural' Terror causers, and there's the one Exalted Hero with the Filth Mace as well. Hopefully, there's enough left of an actual army to fight against ItP or the Terror dice fail.

The Doom Totem also means that anything the Hellcannon hits with shooting is taking a panic check at -2 Ld (even causing no casualties).

Now I've considered the following:

Another Hellcannon (replacing the giant) - this gets me two tests. The disadvantage is it's slower than the Giant, but probably tougher and causes twice as much potential damage shooting. I would probably consider this if I had 2 off them. A Giant is fun though.

Daemon Prince - A Natural Terror causer. The main issue is, along with the other Terror causers, I have hardly any army left due to the points premium you pay for one.

Sorceror (or a Magic Prince above) - For Pandemonium, denying the General's leadership; this is also expensive, and you don't always get Pandemonium (though having Gateway or Flicker is nice, depending on the level).

Any suggestions, comments or recommendation?

Psy-Crow
17-02-2010, 21:09
I have had great results using the following:

Sorcerer Lord lvl. 4
MoS / Steed of Slaanesh
Diabolic Splendour
Rod of Torment / Spell Familiar

With the Diabolic Splendour every panic test caused by the lord suffers an additional -1 LD.

And with the spell familiar you have a chance of 5/1 to get Hellshriek which will cause panic within 18" around the sorcerer. Combined with the doom totem and the diabolic splendour it is absolutely devastating! :D

With the steed (MV10) you can easily reach your enemies back, block his marching and with the rod of torment you have an additional 2d6 str.3 hits every turn.

Also you are fast enough to hunt down fleeing troops quite well :evilgrin:

Roark
18-02-2010, 02:53
Here is a list of armies:

Tomb Kings
Wood Elves
Warriors of Chaos
Vampire Counts
Daemons of Chaos

All these armies are delighted that you have invested so many points into making a combination work. Doom totem is only viable against certain foes, IMHO. If you have a specific enemy in mind, rather than tournament play, then ignore everything I've just said.

- I like the Marauder block. Sensible, virtually ITP, and a good bunker for your mages.
- For the flail Marauders, I would scrap the champion and muso. 80pts is more representative of the cheap, throwaway, fire-and-forget unit that it should be.
- I like the fact that you've got a few hounds to help out with your Frenzied knights and Jugger guy.
- The Drogres rock.
- The Giant rocks.
- Hellcannon... Aw hell, it's unreliable, expensive, but I pack one myself. I just can't help it. Things can go terribly wrong though.

Gorak
18-02-2010, 04:07
I'm going to have to agree with Roark cause not only is name close but..........Gorak would says more cc death or magic goodness instead of oooooooooooooooooo I"M SCARY! Oh wait your dead/deamon/dwarves/elves/ogres....Alot of fear/terror causing armies out there WoC do better at killing/magic than scaing there foes.

Poseidal
18-02-2010, 07:56
I like the Hellcannon due to being a threat to big things but I can also use it as a pseudo chariot (that breaks ranks!)

I know there's a general problem with all the ItP around, depending on the environment I'd probably swap it with some offensive and defensive items on the BSB and the filth mace on the jugger guy gets replaced with another weapon (though it's not so bad, I think there are better weapons for sheer damage).

The champ on the small marauder unit is because I had 8 or 9 points left over. I don't know what I could spend them on though.

Angel_III
18-02-2010, 08:35
maybe you can split your marauders in to 2 units so you use 2blocks of units toe block te vision of your opponent on your more powerful units like your prince its a idea

grtz angel