PDA

View Full Version : How to play "do Dx Strength x hits(/attacks)"?

gaine
17-02-2010, 07:30
Hey everyone:

wanted to ask a technical question about casting the Pink Horror Fireball and Flamers Flames of Tzeentch:

the attack description would say something along the lines of: "do d6 Strength 4 attacks/hits." What does that mean, exactly?! Do I have to roll a D6 in order to determine how many hits?

ie: 3 Flamers decide to shoot at Cold One Knights. Now, must I then roll 3d6 to determine how many shot attempts/hit attempts will be made? could I theoretically attempt 18xFlames of Tz attacks?

How about the case with the fireball, do I roll a d6 for each powerdice used in order to determine how many hits I attempt? Sorry for the newb question, but I need to know.

Thanks for your help!

Nurgling Chieftain
17-02-2010, 07:34
Do I have to roll a D6...Yes, you roll a d6 and substitute that value. So, if you roll a three, "do d6 S4 hits" means "do 3 S4 hits".

If fireball is successfully cast, you roll a single d6 and inflict that many S4 hits. Roll to wound for each hit, distributed as shooting. The amount of power dice you rolled is entirely irrelevant to that d6, the power dice are merely used for determining whether the spell was cast successfully.

Flamers are different - they get a random number of shots rather than hits. So, you roll a d6 for each flamer, then roll to hit for that many shots. Proceed as normal for shooting from there on.