PDA

View Full Version : Sisters of Silence

Prokrustes
17-02-2010, 08:26
I read the entry of the Sisters of Silence in Lexicanum and I do think the concept is very nifty. Now I have been wondering,

1) Are the Sisters of Silence trained in the same way the culexus assassins or the sororitas are trained?
2) Do they still exist? (It seems that in the WH-Codex there are references of sororitas collecting pyskers with blackships not sisters of silence nowadays)
3) Are they part of either the Ecclesiarchy, the Sororitas, or the Ordo Hereticus?
4) Have there ever been minis or rules for them?

It would make alot of sense to me that WH actually use Sisters of Silence to hunt and collect witches. Then again, if you have those what would you need a culexus for???

terribletrygon
17-02-2010, 09:24
1) I have not heard of much canon on their training, only recruitment requirements and traditions.

2) There are no canonical references to them in 40k, however neither are there any references to them being disbanded or destroyed. It is assumed that they are still part of the crew of the Blackships.

3) No. The Sisters of Silence were the militant arm of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, being part of the League of Blackships, the fleet charged with collecting and transporting psykers. The formation of the Sisters of Silence pre dates that of the Ecclesiarchy, the Sororitas, and the Ordo Hereticus by gaps of several thousand years. They obviously pre date the Horus Heresy, and even then they were described as having a long history.

4) Not that I am aware of.

Iuris
17-02-2010, 09:48
As above.

As for the differences between the Cullexus and the Sisters of silence, one must keep in mind that one is a specific assassin while the others are essentially a security force. Different purpose, different gear, different training.

(like, little need for infiltration for a security force and so on)

The_Unforgiven
17-02-2010, 10:51
I have some rad rules for pre heresy sisters.

terribletrygon
18-02-2010, 00:19

This post; sense it makes none.

There are no Pre Heresy Sisters of Battle and the Sisters of Silence are almost strictly pre-heresy from the sense of there being full armies of them.

Mr Zoat
18-02-2010, 05:54
We don't actually know when the Daughters of the Emperor started. There could have been an all female warrior cult which predated the crusade. Certainly they could have chosen to worship the Emperor before the heresy.

Mr_Rose
18-02-2010, 12:44
And that somehow makes them Adepta Sororitas before the term existed?

The Daughters of the Emperor were an exiting cult in the time of Vandire, sure, but they didn't have advanced technological support; they are noted as having been trained to use their armour and bolt weapons by Vandire's best people.

Hrw-Amen
18-02-2010, 17:54
As far as I know there are no Sisters of Silence models released by GW. I made up a couple of test models using mainly Dark Eldar bits with some green stuff for cloaks and Marine bolters/Weapons. They look reasonably like the ones in the pictures. But as you need the female torso from the DE sprue I decided against a whole army of them and they are now just on display. I'll try and get a couple of photos of them at the weekend. (If I remember.)

SabrX
18-02-2010, 18:07
Sisters of Silence and Sisters of Battle are not one and the same. Ordo Herticus is connected to Adepta Sororitas while the Adeptus Astra Telepathica was connected to the Sisters of Silence.

Even their nature isn't the same. Sisters of Battle are not blanks whereas the Sisters of Silence are.

It's unknown what became of the Sisters of Silence after the Horus Heresy. This is just a rough guess, but I think they might still exist on a few Black Ships as a personal security force for the Adeptus Astra Telepathica. But since blanks are rare, Sisters of Battle are needed.

FlashGordon
18-02-2010, 18:41

HAHA best comment today. :D