PDA

View Full Version : 2250 dwarves

eleveninches
17-02-2010, 16:16
388: Runelord (anvil, shield, RoStone, RoTheFurnace, 2x RoSpellbreaking)
165: Thane BSB (RoStone, MRoChallenge, MRoAdamant)

140: 10 Thunderers
160: 15 Warriors (FC, shields)
255: 15 Longbeards (FC, shields, RoBattle, RoStoicism)

303: 19 Hammerers (FC, RoCourage, RoSanctuary)
155: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetration, RoRelaoding)
150: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetration, RoBurning)
145: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetration)

120: Organ Gun

Razakel
17-02-2010, 16:46
Very powerful Gunline army right here, dips into all the most powerful units, you have an Anvil for Wrath and Ruin I presume.

3x Grudge Throwers? Very unusual, but I love them myself. Looks like ranked infantry will have a horrible time fighting you.

Then you have double Organ Guns for Skirmishers and Knights etc.

I'm not sure if I can give any decent feedback. The only thing I would change is swap the Master Rune of Adamant for the Master Rune of Gromril, and the Rune of Stone for the Rune of Resistance.

1+ save with re-rolls is vital for such an important model.

Best of luck.

Ethos
17-02-2010, 17:20
That's a lot of shooting.

I don't have my book, so I can't comment on the runes.

You have 6 units which could blowup. I would count on at least 2 doing so per game; though it might work out for you.

Razakel
17-02-2010, 18:00
388: Runelord (anvil, shield, RoStone, RoTheFurnace, 2x RoSpellbreaking)
165: Thane BSB (RoStone, MRoChallenge, MRoAdamant)

160: 15 Warriors (FC, shields)
255: 15 Longbeards (FC, shields, RoBattle, RoStoicism)

303: 19 Hammerers (FC, RoCourage, RoSanctuary)
155: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetration, RoRelaoding)
150: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetration, RoBurning)
145: Grudgethrower (engineer, RoAccuracy, RoPenetration)

Rune of Stone = +1 to Armour save, a 4+ becomes a 3+ etc. 5 points
RoTFurnace = Immunity to all fire based attacks, regardless of their source. 5 points
RoSpellbreaking = Dispel Scroll. 25 points
MRoChallenge = Force one enemy unit to charge, if it is able, if it decides not to, it must flee. 25 points
MRoAdamant = +1 Toughness. 45 points
RoBattle = +1 to combat resolution. 25 points
RoStoicism = Double unit strength for the purposes of combat resolution. 25 points
RoCourage = Immunity to Fear and Terror. 30 points
RoSanctuary = Magic Resistance (1) on the unit. 15 points
RoAccuracy = Allows one re-roll of the Scatter dice per Shooting phase. 25 points
RoPenetrating = +1 Strength. 25 points
RoReloading = Enables a machine to shoot every turn, even if it misfired or is affected by a spell, as long as there is one crew member alive. 10 points
RoBurning = Fire attacks. 5 points

That's a lot of shooting.

I don't have my book, so I can't comment on the runes.

See above :).

You have 6 units which could blowup. I would count on at least 2 doing so per game; though it might work out for you.

I'd doubt it, personally. With an Engineer on a War Machine you may re-roll the result on the Misfire chart, making a blow up extremely unlikely, you would probably lose a machine a game, but you would need a particularly bad streak of luck.

Grudge Throwers only explode on a roll of a 1, and since he had an Engineer on them all, he can re-roll the result.

Ethos
17-02-2010, 19:49
Thanks Razakel.

Well, then perhaps he'll lose just an Organ Gun. I've only lost mine to blowing up once every 2 or 3 games. If you have two, then I'm sure one will survive.

Not much that can kill the opponent (combat wise) - just defensive. It's a very defensive list. Minimal characters and units to get the job done (Hammerers are chosen over Ironbreakers because of their Stubbornness, I'm assuming), and with enough left over to guy guns, bigger guns, and large rocks.

eleveninches
17-02-2010, 21:02
Thats the plan :)

FailSafe07
18-02-2010, 00:40
I would strongly suggest dropping a grudge thrower for at least one, preferably two Bolt Throwers. They are invaluable for skewering annoying mc's and other things you'd much rather not have hitting your lines.

Ethos
18-02-2010, 00:55
Yeah. I was thinking that earlier today.

eleveninches
18-02-2010, 11:14
You mean you would rather have 2 bolt throwers at S6-7 causing D3 wounds, than have a S5(10) stonethrower that can re-roll the scatter dice for each shot, and causes D6 wounds?

FailSafe07
18-02-2010, 14:37
actually yes, the lack of scatter and the lack of misfires make them much more reliable when killing big things.

Even just one with an engineer a rune of penetrating (+1 strength) and a rune of burning (makes flaming attacks) and you have a weapon that hits on 3+ and ignores regen saves on monsters. Sure it only does D3 wounds, but it pops chariots instantly at S7 and is much more likely to actually hit monsters which are the big threat.

In this list you have alot of stuff that is perfectly capable of massacring medium to weak stuff with the OG's and GT's you have plenty of anti-horde protection but what you don't have is any way of really hurting big nasty units like the HPA or Hydras, this gives you that ability. Plus they're cheaper than GT's.

Ethos
18-02-2010, 16:31
That's why I added 2 Bolt Throwers (with Engineers) to my list. Each had RoBurning and RoPenetrating, while one had Ro "+1 to hit for flyers" (I don't have my book on me, sorry).

Against Large targets at long range, you're looking at 2+ / 3+ (2+ if it flies). 2 shots at 3+ (which, if I roll a 3+ it hits definitely) isn't that bad. I could guess right to the nose if I wanted to with my Grudge Thrower. But I only had a 1/3 chance of rolling direct hit (and 1/6 chance of misfire) verse a 2/3 change with Bolt Throwers. Yes, D6 verse D3... 2 D3's could make up for a D6, in my experience.

Your call.