PDA

View Full Version : A slowly congealing army of Khorne

Fry Guy
17-02-2010, 22:50
So I'm just wondering how fluffy the background on this is:

The idea for my army is that basically a Bloodthister managed to get infected by an incredibly virulent GUO. He managed to best the beast, but after the battle he realized he had become sick. Weeping sores opened up all over his body, his right arm literally rotted off (I greenstuffed this) and basically he's actually falling apart to this disease. In desperation, he struck a deal with Papa Nurgle. He would wield a plaguesword and destroy his enemies with it so they would die from the plagues of Nurgle as much as his skill with the weapon, and in exchange he would deteriorate no further.

He continued going to war with his army of Khorne though some of them, mostly the bloodletters, started getting sick themselves. Their bodies becoming similar plaguebearers more than their kin as the disease coursed through their foul essence.

So basically the idea is that my army was at one point 100% Khorne, but as the BT got infected, he gave up his possessed Axes for a plaguesword. He still kills in the name of Khorne of course, as do the rest of his forces but they are slowly being sickened by the power of Nurgle.

I've modeled the rotted off arm and plaguesword for my Bloodthirster, but I've only barely touched on my bloodletters. I'm going to try to make them look very sick and bloated/discolored.

But anyway, is this fluffly at all or am I just being dumb?

DeeKay
17-02-2010, 22:57
Fluff is a matter of perspective.

Seriously, don't get too hung up on the idea of fluff=law. I personally quite like the idea, simply because it actually existed in Rogue Trader. Forces of Nurgle could aquire a gift called Nurgle's Rot, a horrible disease that bloated the skin, rashes and lesions popped up everywhere and by the end of it you became a Plaguebearer (I don't know if this is the case nowadays.) The only way to avoid this fate once catching the disease was to die or to become a Daemon Prince before it consumed your body and soul.

So yeah, the idea is solid IMO. It also allows for a cheeky way to get you Plague Marines and Berzerkers in the same list.

With regards,
Dan.

Lycannus
17-02-2010, 23:30
An interesting idea, but....Can Bloodthirsters get sick?
I'm sure if anything can cause it, its a Great Unclean One.

Sounds like a cool army though

Mannimarco
18-02-2010, 00:28
is there a precedence for it (always check for existing fluff)

I cant think of any time ive ever read anything like this however its not outside the realms of possibility so yeah go for it, it sounds good

Firaxin
18-02-2010, 00:57
It's more likely that he would have to go 100% nurgle because Khorne would withdraw his support over his 'betrayal' in seeking another God's support.

Alternatively, if your greater daemon was powerful enough, he could become a Greater Daemon Undivided in his own right, opening up possibilities for him to obtain patronage from Slaanesh and Tzeentch later on (as plot hooks for campaigns or whatever).

Born Again
18-02-2010, 04:34
It's the sort of idea that has problems, but is so cool you should go ahead and do it anyway. Just come up with some sort of justification.

The only problem I see is, would Khorne tolerate it? Knowing that some of his daemons were working for Nurgle... he may well not like it. Remember that he can click his fingers and the daemons in question will cease to exist if he doesn't. However, if you come up with a sensible reason as to why he doesn't (Hell, even just say it amused him enough to tolerate it, or he struck up a deal with Nurgle that they would attack Slaanesh or Tzeentch together), then I demand you A) do it, and B) show us pictures!

baphomael
18-02-2010, 04:36
A Bloodthirster itself? Not so much (at least, not in the literal sense you presented).

Daemons arnt physical creatures. They dont have bodies and, so, they cant become 'literally' sick. A Bloodthirster is a fragment of the massive warp presence that is Khorne, a shard of his essence given its own identity (until khorne decides to claim back that essence). In this way, your idea wouldnt work so well in the literal sense.

I suppose you could bend it to be an allegorical reference to the waxing and waning of the God's power (in the warp this constantly shifts). This Bloodthirster could be an example of part of khorne's power being stolen while Nurgle was particularly strong, this stolen power manifesting as a perversion of khorne's daemons (a kind of sick joke on the part of Nurgle, an up-yours and display of mischevious one-upmanship designed to annoy khorne a bit, the equivalent of a small boy setting fire to his sister's barbie's hair or something).

Lord-Caerolion
18-02-2010, 04:39
I suppose you could bend it to be an allegorical reference to the waxing and waning of the God's power (in the warp this constantly shifts). This Bloodthirster could be an example of part of khorne's power being stolen while Nurgle was particularly strong, this stolen power manifesting as a perversion of khorne's daemons (a kind of sick joke on the part of Nurgle, an up-yours and display of mischevious one-upmanship designed to annoy khorne a bit, the equivalent of a small boy setting fire to his sister's barbie's hair or something).

Exactly. I'd just rationalise it as the daemons being a part of Khorne's power that is in the process of being "stolen" by Nurgle.

MajorWesJanson
18-02-2010, 07:18
Khorne and Nurgle do not get along great, but they are not direct enemies. A joint endevour could result in a set of daemons that are blended, with typically Khornate daemons inflicted with disease and decay, while normally jolly plaguebearers are consumed with bloodlust.

I'd suggest looking up the battle reports by Redrivertears. Very well written, and recent ones are themed around a daemonic force called the Bloodplague, made up of a Khorne and Nurgle army.

Born Again
18-02-2010, 11:56
A Bloodthirster itself? Not so much (at least, not in the literal sense you presented).

Daemons arnt physical creatures. They dont have bodies and, so, they cant become 'literally' sick. A Bloodthirster is a fragment of the massive warp presence that is Khorne, a shard of his essence given its own identity (until khorne decides to claim back that essence). In this way, your idea wouldnt work so well in the literal sense.

The ideas you've put worth are very good and certainly usable, however I wouldn't entirely rule out daemons getting sick, after all we know there are such things as warp plagues. Maybe an small part of Nurgle's essence, like a tiny daemon even small that a nurgling, attaches itself to the essence that makes up the bloodthirster in the warp like some sort of warp parasite? When the Bloodthirster is summoned to the material universe, the nurgle parasite manifests as the Khorne daemon looking rotten.

Mannimarco
18-02-2010, 12:06
about the daemon realms: we know daemons can get eaten and killed through reading skulltakers little story and the one about the festival where khorne puts a sword in a fleshhound

the gods realms can expand and take over parts of the other gods realms all the time, its possible nurgles garden grew into part of khornes wasteland and plagued the daemons there