PDA

View Full Version : 2500 doc

silentcaine
18-02-2010, 23:44
long time 40k player just deciding to get into fantasy. after talking with a friend about what i wanted in a list he suggested this:

Bloodthirster of Khorne, obsidain armour, immortal fury, firestorm blade; 550 pts

Skulltaker, juggernaut of khorne; 200 pts

The Blue Scribes of Tzeentch; 81 pts

Herald of Tzeentch, Battle Standard Bearer, great standard of sudering, flames of tzeentch, spellbreaker; 240 pts

20 Pink Horrors of Tzeentchmusician, standard bearer; 258 pts

15 Bloodletters of Khorne, musician standard bearer; 198 pts

15 Bloodletters of Khorne, musician standard bearer; 198 pts

6 Flesh Hounds of Khorne; 210 pts

6 Flesh Hounds of Khorne; 210 pts

5 Flamers of Tzeentch; 175 pts

5 Flamers of Tzeentch; 175 pts

wanted to get some 2nd opinions, so what do you guys think?

Guard of Itza
19-02-2010, 02:56
Who ever your friend is he really does not seem to want any more for you or him. Aside from some unnecessary command models this is a super competitive list. It is spamming some of the most broken units in the game, competitive and not a good way to get your feet wet in fantasy. People do not go easy on daemon players and this list will only bring more cheese against you.

Jack of Blades
19-02-2010, 06:29
Indeed, this list pretty much combines most of the most broken aspects about Daemons. If you want an enjoyable Fantasy experience, both for you and your opponent, I suggest picking another army. You will most likely get bored with Daemons one way or another, either from winning all the time in boring games or their one-dimensional play style with little variation and at that point you'll wish you started something else.

crazywhiteboydance
19-02-2010, 11:33
I cetainly wouldn't call this list broken but by god you've gone super competitive, if this isn't for tourney play I'd suggest toning it down & you & your opponent will get more fun out of the games.

Guard of Itza
19-02-2010, 13:55
The more I think about it I feel like this "friend" has little to do with this list. I could not imagine having a friend that would throw my hobby under the bus with suggestions like this.

silentcaine
20-02-2010, 00:41
everybody has their views on how they choose to play the game, the way my friend and I learned was to play competitively so when we build lists we try and think of the ardest thing we can bring to the table.

coincidentally, this list was also built for tourney use with the idea to add some more stuff in order to build up to the 3k limit for the ard boyz tourney later on in the year.

as for casual play i intend to tone the list down quite a bit.

Jack of Blades
20-02-2010, 00:59
In that case, err... enjoy I guess, your army, as it's quite broken enough by tourney standards :)

Jind_Singh
20-02-2010, 03:33
mmmm if your looking for tourny play the list is ok, but heres the thing - if your going hard, go really hard. youve already lost any comp scores so just go for broke!

but for friendly games i suggest loading up on pure Khorne - especially since you need most of the models anyway (fleshounds, bloodletters, thirster, heralds)

I'd take thrister, 3 solid units of letters, hounds, bloodcrushers, and a few furies - be fun to play with, still hard, and the important thing is you'll find people wiling to play you!

Gorak
20-02-2010, 04:34
wow, people really like crying about deamons eh? What ever happened to hmm maybe I should refine my army list/tactics? No I will score anyone who plays a competive list a 0 on comp score. WOW, I personal think if you're going to play,play welll. DOn't bring a crap list and say wells yours is broken so thats why you won. Now I get fluffy armies, heck I played an all khorne deamons army, hell it was scary but man I wouldn't bring it to a tourney. Now for fun play, I play in groups thats tough as nails,don't bring your A-game and your screwed. So cheers! man I like the list, don't bring down your game level cause it's "fun", playing hard pased no holds game rules make you a better play,IMHO anyways.

silentcaine
20-02-2010, 05:20
mmmm if your looking for tourny play the list is ok, but heres the thing - if your going hard, go really hard.

what would you suggest on adding then?

BigbyWolf
20-02-2010, 11:02
wow, people really like crying about deamons eh? What ever happened to hmm maybe I should refine my army list/tactics? No I will score anyone who plays a competive list a 0 on comp score. WOW, I personal think if you're going to play,play welll. DOn't bring a crap list and say wells yours is broken so thats why you won. Now I get fluffy armies, heck I played an all khorne deamons army, hell it was scary but man I wouldn't bring it to a tourney. Now for fun play, I play in groups thats tough as nails,don't bring your A-game and your screwed. So cheers! man I like the list, don't bring down your game level cause it's "fun", playing hard pased no holds game rules make you a better play,IMHO anyways.

Lol...just lol...

Another "I can make a mean list, so instantly I'm a better general!"

The OP posted a hard list, considered to be one of the more "broken" in the game (although I'm not a fan of the term), but this is no major problem, as he freely he admits, he is just getting into fantasy so probably isn't aware of how people would look at it. He then he asked for feedback, which he is getting, and he is responding to.

Then you come in and just rant. Fantastic.

Guard of Itza
20-02-2010, 13:24

We are not crying over the fact that it is a daemons list. We are simply telling the OP that he took a brutal list. He will not be earning many pats on the back for cool army construction or creative tactics. He said this is his first fantasy list, I would not care if this was the first game anybody had ever played, against this list you have to pull out all the dirty tricks. It will only encourage the veterans you could play to grind you and your army into the dust until you change lists or become a as tactically skilled as them (could happen soon but fantasy is complicated and can be hard to pick up on) which will be grueling for your first few games, especially when people are going to tell you it is an auto win list and you keep loosing.

@Gorak take a good hard look at the bolded section. Do you really believe that. Now, because I have the models for ancient steg spam and used it ard boyz I am a better player. Because I used it against some vampire count player that told us he could never be beaten, I am a better player. The only way to be a better player is to be a better player through learning. Taking hard lists means you are taking a harder list, it shows nothing about your skill.

Gorak
20-02-2010, 13:45
Now i did say I liked the list, alittle light on the magic defence but pretty nasty.Perhaps drop bluescribes for a hearld with a couple d.scrolls. Sorry for the rant guys/gals just seemed most comments where more like flames against deamons. NOw as for taking hard lists, isn't that part of the tactics, army sleection? But it's true though Guard of Itza lists aren't the be all end all of the game. Sure you could spam stegs but if you don't know how to use it will it work? All I was trying to put across is that I don't belive in cheesey or broken army lists, furthermore it's not in his best to come up with alist that isn't compentive at all and learn from there.

BigbyWolf
21-02-2010, 18:27
Furthermore it's not in his best to come up with a list that isn't competitive at all and learn from there.

No-one said he should make a list that was uncompetitive, just perhaps toned down a bit for standard games.

everybody has their views on how they choose to play the game, the way my friend and I learned was to play competitively so when we build lists we try and think of the ardest thing we can bring to the table.

coincidentally, this list was also built for tourney use with the idea to add some more stuff in order to build up to the 3k limit for the ard boyz tourney later on in the year.

as for casual play i intend to tone the list down quite a bit.

If the environment you play in is based around very high powered lists, then there's certainly nothing wrong with you taking this one, I think some of the earlier posts are correct in saying if you turned up and looked for a pick-up game you might find some people would be reluctant to face it.

I don't have a problem playing OP lists, but I wouldn't get as much fun out of the game as a I would playing against a more balanced list, and if the option was to play a balanced list, or yours, I'd choose the former.

If your off to a tourny or the like, this list is fine and people will probably be expecting it, however if you just go looking for a casual one, you could consider swapping out some Flamers for Screamers, and maybe dropping a unit of hounds for some Fiends of Slaanesh, both of those are still good units.