PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2250 - My Pet Project

Zaustus
19-02-2010, 06:25
I've been tweaking this list for quite a while now (4 months or so), and just felt like sharing it. It's neither friendly nor fluffy, probably cookie-cutter and boring, and I don't apologize for any of that. :p It's been fun to work on the list though, so here it goes (2250 points on the nose):

Sorcerer Lord: 450
Level 4, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Conjoined Homunculus, Stream of Corruption, Rod of Torment, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Enchanted Shield

Exalted Hero: 234
Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, BSB, Bloodcurdling Roar, Book of Secrets, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, shield, flail

Sorcerer: 206
Level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Steed, The Black Tongue

Sorcerer: 191
Level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Steed, Infernal Puppet

3 units of 5 Marauder Horsemen: 101 each
Mark of Slaanesh, musician, flails, throwing axes

4 units of 5 Warhounds: 30 each

5 Chaos Knights: 285
Mark of Nurgle, standard, Banner of Rage

5 Chaos Knights: 230
Mark of Khorne

3 Dragon Ogres: 231
Great weapons

So there it is. My strategy is, perhaps obviously, to overpower my opponent in the magic phase while sending speedy hammer units in for the kill.

I'm still acquiring some of the models (I drag my feet for months when it comes to spending money; I haven't spent anything on this project so far, just using models I already had and kitbashing/greenstuffing what I need), but I'll finish putting this together. All of the models are useful in other army builds too (which it sounds like will be necessary one 8th comes out). All I still need are one box of warhounds (I have 10 of the old metal ones), a box of marauder horsemen (I have some old metal ones, and some I've kitbashed together) and some DE cold ones and black orcs to convert up some dragon ogres. I wish I could get knights, since all of mine are the old metal ones, but I can't justify the expense to myself, sadly.

Does it seem powerful? Are there better synergies to exploit? Am I an unimaginative git? :cool:

Morthak
19-02-2010, 10:01
It's most certainly powerfull, but do see that you only have 3 units that can survive some blows. The Warhounds are great, and so are Marauder Horsemen, but they are supportive units. My list is quite like yours, only it has a unit MH and doggies less, and one less sorcerer, with Throgg instead of your BSB and two units of Chaos Trolls.

The thing is, after they shot down a unit of your nasty gribblies, another will be fighting against a more powerfull unit or something with alot of SCR, and you'll only have one unit left to freely do damage.

On the list, I think Black Tongue is a bad choice, it gives away half of it's VP, while there are armies who don't even rely that much on magic. Consider a Power Familiar and a scroll. Could do just fine.

,Morthak