PDA

View Full Version : gearing up for blood angels?

bork da basher
19-02-2010, 08:10
ok so ever since the new BA were announced ages ago i've whipped myself into a little nerd froth of excitement. i can't wait to see some new minis and this will also be my first foray into 5th edition 40k. something i've avoided since it's release simply due to lack of time for two systems.

blood angels were my first 40k army from waaay back in the days of 2nd/3rd edition where vortex granades reigned supreme and mephiston was a living unkillable juggernaut of carnage. how could i not relive my childhood glories when the sons of sanguinious are being blessed with shiny new plastics.

soooo

whos gonna be collecting BA or a sucsessor chapter and what sort of army do you invisage your'll get?

i've just got hold of a set of 'hulk termies which MUST be in the army and got hold of corbulo to be my SHP out of loyalty as he's rumoured to not be a SC anymore.
also a friend sold me a furioso and two rhinos so its coming together nicely at the moment.

so how about you guys?

Zurken
19-02-2010, 11:05
Just going to swap the rule set of my current marines and buy some more Assault Marines. The only reason why I didn't start using the Blood Angel's rules was becouse their current Codex is so bad.

SPYDER68
19-02-2010, 15:07
3-4 months ago i started blood angels.

So far i have..

2x Baals -/ AC/LC preds - Can be either magnetized.
30x Robed tactical marines all with Blood angels shoulder pads
Land raider
vindicator
MM/HF Speeder
Speeder storm
Space hulk termies
Assault termies with FW shoulderpads

Probly more that im not thinking of so far.

Sad thing is with nids now, i havent really cared much about blood angels.

gwarsh41
19-02-2010, 15:43
I am toying with the idea of doing a count as with my SW. I will of course make compensation fluff for all the blood crazes as something to do with wulfen.
This will only happen of course if I can field as many dreads as the rumors have been saying. I Love dreadnoughts!

DeadlySquirrel
19-02-2010, 17:22
i am toying with the idea of doing a count as with my sw. I will of course make compensation fluff for all the blood crazes as something to do with wulfen.
This will only happen of course if i can field as many dreads as the rumors have been saying. I love dreadnoughts!

no more proxies! It does not suit your background better! Use space wolves for space wolves!

Hexfourth
19-02-2010, 17:26
I thought about possibly playing BA awhile ago, but I'd much rather just stay with my Nids. I did, however, buy my friends BA army (~2.2k) for a very nice price. Going to be retouching them, painting the one model that's not painted, and basing everything before selling them off.

I did get a chance to play them in a quick game a week ago. Not a fan of the current codex. Rumors for the new one are appealing but if I have to play a power armor army I'll go for Chaos.

LonelyPath
19-02-2010, 19:40
I am toying with the idea of doing a count as with my SW. I will of course make compensation fluff for all the blood crazes as something to do with wulfen.
This will only happen of course if I can field as many dreads as the rumors have been saying. I Love dreadnoughts!

Jumping ship already? The ink on your codex is still wet!! BA and SW really don't work well like that either.

I'm just glad this sort of thing doesn;t happen among the people I regularly game with or ever SM army would be swapping codex each time one came out. Some days I feel like I'm one of 3 people in the world that still use the DA codex and the other 2 are in my gaming group! :P