PDA

View Full Version : Simples, Is enchanted shield, a shield or armour.

Fay_Redd
19-02-2010, 15:40
Cos it's called Enchanted Shield, however it's classed as Armour. So therefore can i have enchanted shield (Armour, 5+ armour save) and a Shield (Shield, Plus one to models armour save) Or is it classed as both a shield and a suit of Armour?

Zaustus
19-02-2010, 15:54
... are you really asking if you can have both an Enchanted Shield and a shield? Haha.

The enchanted shield is a shield. You cannot have another shield alongside it. It is also magic armor, thus you cannot have another piece of magic armor.

So to recap: Enchanted shield + mundane suit of armor = Okay!
Enchanted shield + mundane shield: No!
Enchanted shield + magical suit of armor: No!

Jack of Blades
19-02-2010, 16:15
Well Zaustus, I've been wondering the same thing. I'm 99% sure that it's just a shield, but it says ''armour'' under the entry. It's a case of GW thinking the name is clear enough again, which it is, but according to RAW it's not a shield but a magical suit of armour... however, everyone knows that it's a shield because it's an ''enchanted shield''. No, no one seriously doubts that it's a shield, but it doesn't actually say that it's a shield so by RAW it's not a shield.

However I don't get why you would take it anyway since a normal shield does the same thing, maybe if you normally couldn't carry a shield but had light armour or something...

EDIT: The BRB itself says ''the shield'' so the case is cleared, but no one is going to go to that entry before they ask this question :)

Festus
19-02-2010, 16:36
Hi
The armybooks give the category of the common magic items.
Talisman, or Armour, or Weapon, etc.

Greetings
Festus

Necromancy Black
19-02-2010, 16:36
It's listed as armour because it takes up a magical armour slot, meaning you can use it with a magical helm or light armour.

EDIT:: STOP! You can't combine them. Apparently I can't type 't if it's 2:30 in the morning :/

Fay_Redd
19-02-2010, 17:11
Ah riiiiiiight. That's cleared it up. The name and how it was classed confused me to thinking it was armour and thus i could have a shield, but if i can have light armour and the enchanted shield then it's all gravy. thanks guys

Festus
19-02-2010, 17:25
It's listed as armour because it takes up a magical armour slot, meaning you can not use it with a magical helm but with light armour.
F Y P
The old ES (6th Ed.) could be combined with other magical armour, but the new one does not have this ability anymore.
Greetings
Festus

Leogun_91
19-02-2010, 22:12
However I don't get why you would take it anyway since a normal shield does the same thing, maybe if you normally couldn't carry a shield but had light armour or something...IIRC it's just magical weapons that can't get a bonus combined with shields and not the other way around. And there are also characters that wish to be mounted.

Jack of Blades
19-02-2010, 22:21
IIRC it's just magical weapons that can't get a bonus combined with shields and not the other way around. And there are also characters that wish to be mounted.

Eh? you mean you can't get the hw + shield bonus with magical weapons? I was thinking about that too for a rule until I noticed that the hw + shield bonus isn't a special rule for a hand weapon, but a property.

Festus
19-02-2010, 22:28
Hi
You get the Parry bonus for a magical shield and a hand weapon, but not for a magical weapon and a mundane shield (if this weapon is not as well a hand weapon, as only the Sword of the Quest is the only one I am aware of).

Greetings
Festus

decker_cky
19-02-2010, 22:42
Dark elves have a magic hand weapon too.

Hand weapon with any shield gets a 'parry' bonus (not really called that anymore).

Necromancy Black
20-02-2010, 01:29
Wait! God damn it I can not type. You can't combine it, can't!