http://www.iuploads.com/free_image_hosting/images/yggdrasill/we03.jpg

http://www.iuploads.com/free_image_hosting/images/yggdrasill/we05.jpg

got this from the battle glade

boogle
22-05-2005, 17:11
hmm interesting to see the wardancers may well be direct sales only

Brother Loki
22-05-2005, 17:16
I suspect its more likely that there'll be some exclusive mail order only figures in addition to the normal ones, like the MO only witch hunter etc. I think they're unlikely to limit a popular unit to MO only.

Narandil
22-05-2005, 17:27
http://img181.echo.cx/my.php?image=grandebannireditionspciale5rz.jpg

http://img36.echo.cx/my.php?image=enchanteresse5sf.jpg

http://img36.echo.cx/my.php?image=hroavecarc8ph.jpg

http://img36.echo.cx/my.php?image=lmure6jn.jpg

ghost21
22-05-2005, 17:41
nice figs!
i carnt wait to a themed we army on the night elves from wc3 acording to my sorce there will be some of the we at this years gd (uk) the plastics definatley im asured

m1s1n
22-05-2005, 17:49
I am very impressed.
Anyone know what that blue-ish model is in "we05.jpg"?

These guys will be fun to paint.

Narandil
22-05-2005, 17:57
DRICHA, the model known as dryad champion. Therefor a special character. She is angry with elves because they settled in the forest without asking for it.

Tastyfish
22-05-2005, 18:01
The shape changing dryad looks nice too, though seems to be one of the direct sales only things.

Dryad champion/special character I'm not so sure about, thought Durthu, Orion and the Twins were the only special characters mentioned?

Narandil
22-05-2005, 18:03
me too but on battle glade it said this,

info from the WE book (translation from italian):
ETERNAL GUARD confirmed: 2A for 1st rank and 1A from the 2nd
new model for the GREAT EAGLE
WILD RIDERS are a mix between glade riders and war dancers and they have got horns on their heads. They seem to have spear and shield
WAR HAWK RIDERS: 3 different models surfing hawks
DRICHA is the model known as dryad champion. Therefor a special character. She is angry with elves because they settled in the forest without asking for it.
GIANT TREEMAN is similar to a treekin and treebeard from lotr.No pictures available because photos of the book were forbidden
ORION:good model. the box cotains a pair of hounds
MAGES are floating liks HE ones

Lord Setra
22-05-2005, 18:59
Dont suppose you know what will be in the army boxed set?

Galonthar
22-05-2005, 19:03
OMFG!!!!!!

those glade riders,...
A-W-E-S-O-M-E

those eternal guard :chrome:

that mage........."I think I`ve fallen in love"

the waywatchers,.... haven`t we had this pic yet?,... anyway pity it isn`t a very clear photo

the lemure thing (isn`t the name known yet??)..... its,....well,..... bad when compared with the rest....pity

the scout (?),...... that has a real good "sneaky" feel too it,.... MUCH better than the old minies, this a great model

the standard bearer,.... what sort of unit is it, scout? for the old scouts had a similar standard (without flag)

Narandil
22-05-2005, 19:26
"the lemure thing (isn`t the name known yet??)..... its,....well,..... bad when compared with the rest....pity"

Tree-Kin

Xxcha
22-05-2005, 20:01
I think that the standard bearer may be the limeted edition one that comes in the army deal.I say that because it looks like it comes in one piece and is to big to fit in a blister!

Zeb
22-05-2005, 20:05
That Mage.... is absolutely fantastic....
And I concur, that must be the BSB. And it looks to be a slightly easy conversion to get it mounted on a horse...:)

And my fianceé is ok with me starting the army again.

Kul
22-05-2005, 20:51
hmm, the wardancers are a bit disappointing though :(

Crazy Harborc
22-05-2005, 21:03
I am still on the fence about getting the darn army box. The photos DO look very good.

I do know I WILL NOT deal with MO/ or the site. If I want broken, mismade, yes, mismade parts I' ll get them in a store or not at all. GW will take in plenty of money on the Woodies. The question is "how many people in the USA feel the same as I do about GW USA's mailorder section. Granted, it's been 5 years since I dealt "direct".........THAT is how much the foul ticked me off.

Spider
22-05-2005, 21:12
It all looks fantastic.

With the sole exception of the treeman/lemure/treekin thing.

Not keen on it...but figures hve a habit of looking better in real life, so i am withholding final judgement till then.

Of course, the fact that i have about 5 treemen from the last edition means i am hardly needing it. :)

I noticed that mention was made of Durthu...presumably they are giving him a new model?

Il Magno
22-05-2005, 22:44
Well hi guys, this is to inform you that yesterday at the end of the first day of the italian campaign week end, a short presentation of the next GW products for the three main game systems was done.
Fantasy was focused on the new WE, we could touch some new models and read a copy of the army book for some minutes.
some info:

Dryads: same stats as today, skirmishers, saving = 5+, no aspects, 12 pts/model
way watchers: can be deployed as skinks with infiltration, special hood that give them -1 to be hit by enemy shooting, KB at short range, 24 pts/model.
Great eagle is special eagle tougher than the actual one, (maybe 3A and 5 W but I am not sure) new model, one model x rare choice.
glade guard when skirmisher do not have st =4 shoots and are at 17 points/model, glade guards normally are at 12 points /model
Special war dancers model at disposal only at mail oreder (same as Ogre Kingdom)
Wild raiders are a mix of war dancers and glade raiders on horses
new Orion model
In UK the big box will contain the army book, (in Italy no).
Wonderful heroes and mages models, the 4° level mage is awesome
High born is at 145 points /model and has BS =6 (very strange but true)
High mage is at 215 points /model
I confirm also the other news in this topic. :)

Anthonius
23-05-2005, 00:14
Seeing that I've been waiting for YEARS for this army to some out, I should be able to hold on for about a month and a half more...

But I can't! I want them now dammit :cries:

Galonthar
23-05-2005, 10:04
Seeing that I've been waiting for YEARS for this army to some out, I should be able to hold on for about a month and a half more...

But I can't! I want them now dammit :cries:

same here,....
(at least) 4 years,...4 ******* LONG YEARS,....

each year those GW basterds say "they will be released next year" :mad:

and now.....only about 1 1/2 months......... these months are allready becoming the worst wait of my live,.....

cannot live without an (allmost) daily check on portent for more news

ca..n......`t....wait......mUs..t HAAAVE ......WoOoOoOoOoOdIeS :skull: :skull:

NetGuru
23-05-2005, 10:42
Well the bandwidth has expired for the first bunch of pictures, so if any kind soul has saved them could they upload them for the less fortunate....

Xxcha
23-05-2005, 11:09
Do the "wild hunt" come with spears, therefore making them the unit which hits like heavy cavalry or is it down to the supposed +1 S that war dancers get on the charge

NetGuru
23-05-2005, 12:08
I've also noticed that next to the BSB there is the army deal (which i assume he comes from) and you can see a (blurry) war-hawk rider.....i think

Odin
23-05-2005, 12:08
Well the bandwidth has expired for the first bunch of pictures, so if any kind soul has saved them could they upload them for the less fortunate....

Indeed. I am getting very distressed - there are new Welvis pictures and I haven't seen them!

Do the "wild hunt" come with spears, therefore making them the unit which hits like heavy cavalry or is it down to the supposed +1 S that war dancers get on the charge

Possibly - they will probably hit as hard as heavy cavalry, but be more fragile. The other possibility is that it was Treekin they were talking about.

Rövhalt
23-05-2005, 13:19
Indeed. I am getting very distressed - there are new Welvis pictures and I haven't seen them!

It sucks, I've been to The waystone, Italian GW forum and here, and what? All red crosses, it sucks. Life is cruel...

EffCee
23-05-2005, 14:30
I've also noticed that next to the BSB there is the army deal (which i assume he comes from) and you can see a (blurry) war-hawk rider.....i think

Yeah, by the looks of things it is indeed a Warhawk Rider. This army is looking better and better with each pic. The Mage is ace and I really like the new Dryads. Can't wait to see what they have done with Orion :)

Frodo34x
23-05-2005, 15:00
In England the big box will contain the army book, (in Italy no).
What about Scotland?

brorsatan
23-05-2005, 15:09
Hi everyone! My first post here..
I've have uploaded the new pics on the following adresses:

http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we01.jpg
http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we02.jpg
http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we03.jpg
http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we04.jpg
http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we05.jpg
http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we06.jpg
http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we07.jpg
http://www.home.no/ddmusic/wepics/we08.jpg

I hope that they work!

librerian_samae
23-05-2005, 15:14
those are jaw achingly cool

Odin
23-05-2005, 15:17
Brorsatan - nice one. Best first post ever I think. Have you been lurking long?

GreatWolf
23-05-2005, 16:18
Those look GREAT!

But I dont understand:
1) Where do these pictures come from?
2) If GW has these all made, why dont they release them already?

Answers?

Keravin
23-05-2005, 16:28
Those are preview pics of forthcoming releases. This is the rumours thread. They are out in July/August.

Riddy
23-05-2005, 16:31
2) If GW has these all made, why dont they release them already?

Answers?

Well they may not have finished playtesting the army to make sure the new army is fair, or they could still be casting spruesand metal minis, it takes alot of minis to stock every shop in every country, plus all the indy shops and then they still need to factor in people buying off the internet. So it is more than likley they are still casting minis for the army and probably will be until a few weeks before the army is due out.

Plus, when you set a definate date for something to be released, you dont change it, it would require all shop staff to be notified, per-ordering would need to be rushed. Many people would be annoyed as they may miss the chance to buy the army deal due to not being informed. Basically, setting an exact date, or even just an exact month and then changing it involves alot of leg work and may still leave a few customers disappointed.

Zeb
23-05-2005, 17:24
Everything is playtested, but you have to remember that it's a world wide distribution for these items. And it takes time to get these things produced so that stuff doesn't run out of stock...

Il Magno
23-05-2005, 18:29
@ Frodo 34 X: well I think it was more correct to say UK not England.
Sorry for my bad translation! ;)

I could tell you that war dancers have +1 st when they charge, magic resistance 1, saving throw 6+. Immune to psy.
The dances are: Saving 4+. killing blow. strike first. +1 A
They are at 18 points for model.

First and secon level mages could use only Athel Loren magic.

therisnosaurus
24-05-2005, 04:34
a thing on mages- apparently the high mage costs 215pts. looking at DE (215) and HE (220) high mages, it looks like a WE mage will get some kind of magic benefit or additional skills, seeing as HE get +1 to dispel and DE get +1 to cast, what will WE get?

oh, and btw, latest pics clinch it: I'm canceling skaven and doing WE instead. the models are just an art form.

Haquim
24-05-2005, 08:40
a thing on mages- apparently the high mage costs 215pts. looking at DE (215) and HE (220) high mages, it looks like a WE mage will get some kind of magic benefit or additional skills, seeing as HE get +1 to dispel and DE get +1 to cast, what will WE get?

oh, and btw, latest pics clinch it: I'm canceling skaven and doing WE instead. the models are just an art form.

They'll probably get a "free spell" like High Elves do when they choose High Magic.
Btw I'm very curious about Forest Lords and new magic items. Does anyone know something about them?

Arnizipal
24-05-2005, 09:48
Does anyone know if WE High Mages can still use High Magic like in 5th edition?

NetGuru
24-05-2005, 10:10
Brorsatan - thanks for that, they have made my day!

The BSB is so nice i may have to buy my first army deal. And talking about the army deal does anyone know whats in the army deal?

Odin
24-05-2005, 10:21
I believe the contents were mentioned somewhere. Not sure how accurate, but it was:

Lord
Mage
Battle Standard
32 Glade Guard (Archers)
16 Dryads
8 Glade Riders
3 Warhawk Riders
6 Wardancers

I think that was what we were told. Not sure how accurate it was. Seems that Wardancers can be bought in rather small units! If they're 18 points each they'll probably need to be.

Thalonka
24-05-2005, 10:42
glade guard when skirmisher do not have st =4 shoots and are at 17 points/model, glade guards normally are at 12 points /model

:( are sure about that... 17 points :eek: I mean the only thing they have over shades and shadowwarriors is that they dont have the move and shoot penalty right?

are you sure that they don't have the S 4 at close range.... I mean do they have other bows or something like that? that would be weird...

Xxcha
24-05-2005, 10:43
Can anyone confirm that the war-hawk riders are "surfing" instead of riding? this may suggest that it is also wardancers that are riding them, using them as a platform to dive into combat!

Quetzl
24-05-2005, 10:55
They are amazing, apart from the Banner Bearer... But then he isn't so bad as others in the Warhammer World lol.

brorsatan
24-05-2005, 11:00
Brorsatan - nice one. Best first post ever I think. Have you been lurking long?

Thanks! Yes I've been lurking around here for a couple of months. I don't know why I haven't posted anything though..

These new WE pics rocks! I've been waiting for GW to release the new WE's for a looong time. And now finally they are just a couple of months away :D

Odin
24-05-2005, 11:55
are sure about that... 17 points I mean the only thing they have over shades and shadowwarriors is that they dont have the move and shoot penalty right?

Does seem quite a lot doesn't it. I thought they'd cost the same as normal archers. Gaining Scout and Skirmish in exchange for losing S4 at close range sounds a fair exchange to me. Well, if they're 17 points, I doubt I'll be taking any. And maybe that's the point - they want to discourage too much skirmishing.

Xxcha
24-05-2005, 13:27
17 points does seem alot when you compare it to what the wardancers are getting for 18 points

Zeb
24-05-2005, 13:30
Thing is Scouts are core, no other army has core scouts, unless they are 0-1 anyway... and there is no maximim limit for WE Scouts (except that there can't be more scouts than GG IIRC).

And I posted the contents of the army deal, it would be nice to get some credit for it...

Odin
24-05-2005, 13:51
Thing is Scouts are core, no other army has core scouts, unless they are 0-1 anyway

Except Lizardmen.

Sorry for not giving you credit there! You're pretty certain about the contents I believe? Odd that there's only 6 Wardancers - can you take a unit that small in the current list?

Zeb
24-05-2005, 15:40
Don't know about that...

As for the contents, yepp, I'm certain. Our store have a pic of the deal and I did count the stuff today. On the box cover it looks as the cool lord with two handed weapon was included... :)

NetGuru
24-05-2005, 16:51
Don't know about that...

As for the contents, yepp, I'm certain. Our store have a pic of the deal and I did count the stuff today. On the box cover it looks as the cool lord with two handed weapon was included... :)

Any chance of uploading the pictures?

We'll give you all the credit you want! ;)

Il Magno
24-05-2005, 17:11
Some more details:

Scouts are only one choice for each glade guard choice, maybe they get also the infiltration rule (but I am not so sure), I was also very surprised when I see their cost.
High mage could have beast, life and athel loren spells only.
mages only athel loren
WDancers ability of strike first permits them to have only one attack
War falcon raiders model: mmmmmmmm I do not like them (especially the one with a stupid kind of mask on his face, masked also one of the falcons) but in any way I confirm that they seems to surf on enormous PINGEONS :D
there are several magic arrows (magic items), wich could be used in every turn also it is possible to combine them with magic bows (magic weapons): I can remember one that negate armour saving (whata combo with the bow of Loren) :o
High born is at 145 points m5 ws 7 bs 6 r3 st4 W3 i8 a4 ld 10
thats all............... ;)

cardbard_alex
24-05-2005, 17:38
The Lord is only strength 3?
please tell me thats just a missprint.

Cheers, Alex

6th and Final Champion
24-05-2005, 17:43
Likewise, that would be rediculous.

Narandil
24-05-2005, 18:06
Some more details:

Scouts are only one choice for each glade guard choice, maybe they get also the infiltration rule (but I am not so sure), I was also very surprised when I see their cost.
High mage could have beast, life and athel loren spells only.
mages only athel loren
WDancers ability of strike first permits them to have only one attack
War falcon raiders model: mmmmmmmm I do not like them (especially the one with a stupid kind of mask on his face, masked also one of the falcons) but in any way I confirm that they seems to surf on enormous PINGEONS :D
there are several magic arrows (magic items), wich could be used in every turn also it is possible to combine them with magic bows (magic weapons): I can remember one that negate armour saving (whata combo with the bow of Loren) :o
High born is at 145 points m5 ws 7 bs 6 r3 st3 fe3 i8 a4 ld 10
thats all............... ;)

are warhawk riders plastic?

Il Magno
24-05-2005, 18:16
Sorry guys my mistake ST=4.

Warhawks are metal models.

Narandil
24-05-2005, 18:30
OK thanks, what will be in the battalion then?

Zeb
24-05-2005, 18:30
Nha, the best bow/arrow combo is Sniper (a'la Hochland) and D3 Wounds.... No magicians in the opposing army after turn 3 most probably....

No chance of opploading the pic, it was poor quality. And I wasn't impressed at all with the Warhawk Riders as well (I will try to trade them and convert my own models instead).

Il Magno
24-05-2005, 18:45
My idea for warhawks (sorry if I called them falcons before) is the actual hawk + the chariot raider from the old Jes Goodwin model, the raider that looks like was driving the chariot, plus cooper wire (the thin which is inside wirings) criss crossed to create a rope around the hawk neck.
The raider will stand above the hak in a very impressive pose.

Sorry Naerandil but I have no reliable info about the battalion box contents.

NetGuru
24-05-2005, 18:46
You could use the 5th edition war hawk riders if the new ones are so bad, as the old models look really nice, even in this day and age.

Narandil
24-05-2005, 18:48
thanks anyway il mango,

new riders on old hawks?

Il Magno
24-05-2005, 18:58
Ps Narandil "il Mango" means a tropical fruit :D my nick name is "il Magno" (italian meaning "the great": because I am tall ;) no abnormal ego for me :D )

warhawks raider model looks not so good to me, eventaually I prefer the large pingeons: at leat they looks funny ;)

Xxcha
24-05-2005, 20:28
Il Magno, can you confirm that there is a "Waywatcher" court theme and if so what the benefits are. Do they get +1 Bs or something, or is it just the killing blow at short range?

Narandil
24-05-2005, 21:27
when you say "raiders" are these normal warhawk riders or special ones?

Il Magno
24-05-2005, 23:26
Not so sure abour what do you mean, in any way:
@Xxcha: heroes and great heroes may be upgraded to waywatcher, doing this they get the WW special rules (KB at short range, -1 to be hit by enemy shooting, deploy as skink infiltrators) but (and this is a rumor) they may not use any magic bow.
@Narandil: In the preview army book I have seen (they were black and white photocopies) I could remeber only "normal" warhawks (no special character), I remeber a picture with three models the one on the right had the raiders wearing a mask and armed with a bow, his hawk was also wearing a sort of hood on the head, my overall impression on this picture was not so good.
This is way personally I am going to convert my own warhawk unit.

I hope to have give to you proper answers.

good night guys.......... :D

Scactha
25-05-2005, 08:03
Nha, the best bow/arrow combo is Sniper (a'la Hochland) and D3 Wounds.... No magicians in the opposing army after turn 3 most probably....

Add the Hit & Run Warhawks and we finally have a tool against all those VC and SAD armies swarming all over the tournament scene. Thank you, thank you GW!

Odin
25-05-2005, 13:45
Add the Hit & Run Warhawks and we finally have a tool against all those VC and SAD armies swarming all over the tournament scene. Thank you, thank you GW!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a SAD army?

librerian_samae
25-05-2005, 13:57
skaven army of doom,

usually consists of a grey seer, 3 warlocks and as many ratling guns as possible

Odin
25-05-2005, 14:14
Ouch! Sounds nasty.

I was a bit concerned that they might have not made enough major changes to the Wood Elf list - after all, they've still got lots of archers and skirmishers. Still we'll see. Some nasty sniping arrows sound like fun though!

Rövhalt
25-05-2005, 15:03
skaven army of doom And as many Warplightning Cannons as possible...

night2501
25-05-2005, 15:42
great first por in these new portent forum ^^
lurking for a while already...
mmm is sad to hear that the warhawk are not really god, but how are the elves riding the eagles? are nice models or not? I think if they are god I might just buy some great eagles (from the current HE range) and mount them in those, have done that with a character in the previus edition and the biger great eagle looks a lot better and mor eimponent ^^

Zeb
25-05-2005, 16:38
What I'm concerned about is that I haven't seen any pics of mounted characters. If I am to convert all characters to my fast cav (Native American) style army, I'm going to go nuts....

Il Magno
25-05-2005, 18:10
I do not remember any pics for mounted characters, but for sure some will be done, I think at the great stag raiders for example.
So sorry but I have no info on this issue........ :p :cries:

Xxcha
25-05-2005, 19:49
Il magno, thanks for your info on the waywatcher court theme (that is right isn't it?). Now im going to ask for an even bigger favour. Could you tell me what all of the other themes are and what benefits they give?
P.s. hope I'm not asking too much

Zeb
25-05-2005, 19:54
I guess that a Great Stag rider will be done, but Monsters usually only get one model (Bretonians have two different heads for their hippo rider). But to convert three models on 30days will be really tough.
But I guess we'll have to wait for the someone to leaf through the army book. But lets remeber all other races have gotten some mounted characters. Even Dark Elfs got a Sorceress (that noone uses...).

Odin
25-05-2005, 20:39
I guess that a Great Stag rider will be done, but Monsters usually only get one model (Bretonians have two different heads for their hippo rider).

Just got a mental image of a great Bretonnian warrior riding into battle atop a large hippopotamus. Sorry.

Zeb
25-05-2005, 20:43
That was more or less what was intended... I have yet to see one used, it's much more common to see Bretonian Heroes on Pegassi.

Il Magno
25-05-2005, 22:11
Forest spirit and war dancer should be the other theme for characters, I think, but not a lot of info, a rumor says that with forest spirit upgrade character gains the ability to ride monstruous creatures and a saving throw of 5+, war dancer the character gain wd abilities.

I do not guarantee on this info, please take them as rumors ;)

What the hell my favourite footbal team is doing? Milan was winninig 3-0 and now.........gh gh gh gh :eek: :eyebrows:

Zeb
25-05-2005, 22:41
I think that I saw a Fast Cav character as well... So I'm planning my army around this... ;)

Xxcha
26-05-2005, 09:54
If the forest spirit upgrade allows characters to ride monstrous creatures, then it would suggest that all the creatures of the forest are controlled by the spirits, not just the woody type.

Scactha
26-05-2005, 12:40
Hmm, the WW court seems quite sad. A ~100 points character that can scout but only shoot KB arrows with normal los? That´d translate into 6 shots per game at St4 with one KB statistically speaking. Supposing the unit evades any unwanted attention from snipemagic and auxilia. A sore deal indeed. Maybe you´d use a WW as a character hunter, but without the ability to pick targets he´d just a be a very expensive Waywatcher wouldn´t he?

I predict elven Lords with characterhunting paraphernlia and 2 or 3 magetypes, the rumoured lvl 1 Dryad variant or basic lvl 2 Athel Loren mage, to gain magic superiority asap will be a common WE army. Add stuff to handle knights and you´d be in business. The stubborn rare choice treeman and the wildriders seem an apt choice. The remaining snag is Lizardmen, life- and heaven magicians. On the other hand Waywatchers will deploy after the wizard meaning they´ll be a maximum 10" if needed to handle the two latter. But no d3 enchanted arrows will put alot of dents into a Slann nor be able to hit Skinkpriests unless the opponent is a total dimwit. No immediate solution springs to mind...

All this is theoryhammer of course but speculating is always fun :)

dil
26-05-2005, 13:24
Just got a mental image of a great Bretonnian warrior riding into battle atop a large hippopotamus. Sorry.

Yep ... got the same instant image :D

thanquol
27-05-2005, 15:29
http://img181.echo.cx/my.php?image=grandebannireditionspciale5rz.jpg

http://img36.echo.cx/my.php?image=enchanteresse5sf.jpg

http://img36.echo.cx/my.php?image=hroavecarc8ph.jpg

http://img36.echo.cx/my.php?image=lmure6jn.jpg
The WE Sorceress really rocks