PDA

View Full Version : Representing pre-heresy World Eaters

Mozzamanx
19-02-2010, 23:38
Ello,

I'm seriously considering a pre-heresy army, and the World Eaters are the current favourite. It will likely only be a small army, maybe 1000pts, but it will look the business. However, I'm not sure which set of rules would be best for it.

As far as I'm concerned, there are 3 contenders: Chaos Marines, Space Wolves, and the new Blood Angels.
Each has their own upsides and downsides, and I would appreciate some advice on picking one.

The main thing I need is a way to represent close combat brutality, which is easily represented by chainswords or Furious Charge. Less important stuff would be Drop Pods, Berserkers and a suitable Kharn substitute.
To that end, its likely to either be a stock Blood Angel list, a Ragnar-Pod list, or mechanised Chaos. As it is pre-heresy, there will be no Daemonic elements and I intend to follow fluff regarding Razorbacks and the like.

Thanks for any advice.

swifty2
19-02-2010, 23:43
It's a really cool idea mate, one I considered a while ago, I always thought Blood Angels would be the most suitable as it allows assault marines as troops, Space Wolves could work well for the brutality, but when you read false gods and galaxy in flames when Angron leads his assault marines it's truly awe inspiring.

Mannimarco
20-02-2010, 00:00
coincidentally theres a new BA dex coming out soon.......it has begun but at least the world eaters can be represented by the BA dex (probably)

coming soon "does anybody else think codex BA is a good fit for my necron tombworld/tau sept/ork waaagh/hive fleet delete as appropriate"

wazatdingder
20-02-2010, 00:08
coincidentally theres a new BA dex coming out soon.......it has begun but at least the world eaters can be represented by the BA dex (probably)

coming soon "does anybody else think codex BA is a good fit for my necron tombworld/tau sept/ork waaagh/hive fleet delete as appropriate"

I think it would be most appropriate for my "Most Current Codex Marines"

They're not finding the nid Codex a good fit.:cries:

hummus
20-02-2010, 16:06
check out eater of worlds blog he has a lot of cool ideas
http://eatersofworlds.blogspot.com/

WinglessVT2
20-02-2010, 16:08
I'm gonna field my retired Farsight as a counts-as for Dante, so I don't feel left out once the proxying starts for real.

Askari
20-02-2010, 17:28
As much as I like counts-as armies, I have to say Chaos for this one.

The Icons of Khorne, while nearly always meh compared to a real Mark, fits the early blessings or augmentation the early World Eaters had pre-heresy. Also Khorne Berserkers and Kharn the Betrayer are in the codex already, which are better fits than Ragnar and Blood Claws, and they also have pre-heresy technology a la Combi-Bolters and Reaper Autocannons.

Fallen DA
20-02-2010, 19:54
I'd say it depends on whether your fluff covers them as still loyal or traitor? If loyal they'd follow the SM Codex, and if already turned CSM Codex. I used SM Codex for my Pre-Hersy force as they'd be no point in initially changing they're formation weather they were traitor or not?

Askari
20-02-2010, 19:55
I used SM Codex for my Pre-Hersy force as they'd be no point in initially changing they're formation weather they were traitor or not?

Except that Codex: CSM is a better representation of Pre-heresy formation than Codex: SM?