PDA

View Full Version : My LaTD... the crusades

AventineCrusader
09-02-2006, 01:20
Alright, well I just made this into a project log, more will be coming soon.

These are some models from my Aventine Shadow Crusades list. The first is my Cultist Champion, the second is a mutant, a WIP terminator (my reaper autocannon),an Alpha Legion Marine, and then my whole cultist unit...
comments and criticism appreciated...

-Crusader

AventineCrusader
09-02-2006, 01:27
Now heres my mutant champion Bukkethed, another WIP terminator, an Aspiring Champion, a traitor, and another Alpha Legion Marine...

Crusader

AventineCrusader
09-02-2006, 01:53
And finally my Daemon Prince, Quentis Augustine Alphonis, prophet of the True Emperor. Note the demon coming from his Ether Lance...

this guy costs 225 points, ha! He's still not quite done though...
-Crusader:D

cerealkiller195
09-02-2006, 05:32
good stuff, i've been using the bret range for my "inducted guard" in a DH force. i really do hav eto get around to painting those guys..

FearFrost
09-02-2006, 06:30
Very characterful, I like em a lot. I really dig your cultists especially.

-Brian

AventineCrusader
09-02-2006, 08:47
Thanks for the comments guys:D . The cultists were really a moment of inspiration, I like em' alot too, especially the champ. Heres some more... an overall army shot, my burly mutant champion, an armoured mutie, a WIP termi, and another armoured mutie...

AventineCrusader
09-02-2006, 09:57
And one last shot of Lord Alphonis leading his minions... this army is still quite WIP, but i only need to purchase one more box of beastmen to complete it model-wise, painting-wise everything needs at least touch-ups plus at least 20 full paint jobs, I'm hopin' to finish by April...

My mutant champ w/ his shiny new fist...

My very WIP Alpha Legion Operative(lieutenant), Marach...

My also very WIP 'chaos hound'

-Crusader

firestorm40k
09-02-2006, 11:33
Really nice looking army AC! Some interesting conversions and neat painting too, nice and dark... ;)

I use Orks and Mutation bits to make my Burly mutants, it was interesting to see Beastmen being used for mutants. I guess if you're going for a Chaos Undivided-Daemon World type army they make sense, whilst mine represent an illegal sub-human work force which has rebelled against their masters...

Ray K.
09-02-2006, 11:45
good stuff, i've been using the bret range for my "inducted guard" in a DH force. i really do hav eto get around to painting those guys..

This has better be inspiration for you then.. or something.

AventineCrusader
09-02-2006, 12:04
I use Orks and Mutation bits to make my Burly mutants, it was interesting to see Beastmen being used for mutants. I guess if you're going for a Chaos Undivided-Daemon World type army they make sense, whilst mine represent an illegal sub-human work force which has rebelled against their masters...

If you've seen the abhumans article, my mutants are an even further degenerated form of Homo Sapien Variatus, which dwelled in the inaccessable polar swamps and jungles of my crusades home world of Aventium...until recently:D.

You should check out my index hereticus fluff in the link in my sig...

-Crusader

cerealkiller195
09-02-2006, 18:46
lol thanks ray, awesome stuff. AC what does the fleshed out list look like.

AventineCrusader
09-02-2006, 21:30
The list is right here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22942&page=2)

Thanks for the interest...

Crusader:D

cerealkiller195
10-02-2006, 05:19
looks like a solid list and teh fluff is great. can't wait to see more stuff you have planned in the future.

AventineCrusader
10-02-2006, 06:22
Thanks buddy...:D
The next thing I'm workin on is in the same theme as this, its based on the second head of the Crusade, Strike Force Scalus. Its Alpha Legion using Codex Marine rules and Witch Hunter Allies (those Cultists become Zealots real quick...)

-Crusader

edit: I replaced some of the pics on the first page with ones with better lighting, so check em' out...

:D :D :D

cerealkiller195
10-02-2006, 15:57
yeah these pics are a lot better because of the lighting. i tried to do Latd before (i have some pics kickin round photobucket ill post sometime) but i think i lost my motivation because i couldn't think of a good color to paint the mutants lol

AventineCrusader
14-02-2006, 08:50
New photos added, edited into first few posts. Much better lighting...

Crusader

AventineCrusader
19-02-2006, 04:17
Got a little bit more progress. Two WIP of my Operative, who is almost done, and three detail shots on my cultists...

C&C appreciated...

Crusader

cerealkiller195
19-02-2006, 05:34
yet again more awesome lol, i was worried that this thread would go away. unlike most alpha legion i think yours came out the best. in the codex and some painted minis i have seen on the net, the lines out of goblin green(?) are too thick and dont seem as well as you do yours. so my hats off for the great paint/conversion work.

as a side note, Inquisitor henchman i think are one of the best/coolest buys to convert things out of. 3 minis and a servo skull for the price of a commander type model. yes please!

AventineCrusader
19-02-2006, 08:43
Thanks alot, yep definately Goblin green. I totally agree about =I= henchmen, a great value.

Crusader :)

dugaal
24-02-2006, 07:54
Should have posted sooner, your army has greatly inspired me for my current project.
You seem to be working at a quick pace, but you should put more effort into your painting, mostly in human faces and some transition in your blue-green robes. on the armour it looks good, but on robes I think it needs more layers to look realistic

I will be watching this thread closely, and as soon as I can get my hands on my stuff, I can begin 'borrowing' liberally :D

AventineCrusader
24-02-2006, 09:09
Yeah ,I suck at faces, I've been practicing that going on 6 years now. I think I can work a little harder on the robes though, thanks for the constructive criticism. Feel free to 'borrow' all you want... out of curiosity what in particular are you going to borrow...

malika
24-02-2006, 10:46
Oooh...Alpha Legion oriented stuff...you dont see that a lot! Check your pm btw!

dugaal
24-02-2006, 15:03
The Beastmen actually peaked my interest, despite my repeated statements I wouldn't spend money on my army. And the witch hunter henchmen would look good fighting on the other side

AventineCrusader
28-02-2006, 03:27
This is a Daemonette I painted just because I wanted something a little brighter. Also another one of my cultists. I think I'm going to get this thread moved to project logs so i stop bringing it back so far...

Enjoy,
Crusader:D :D

malika
28-02-2006, 09:01
Hey hey, post your stuff also on the ASP forum, you would get more comments on them I assume :cool:

I like the use of the old skool daemonette!

cerealkiller195
28-02-2006, 11:56
Aventine, don't worry good threads get buried here quite quickly no problem bringing it back. though i would agree project logs if its continuing work. nice skin on daemonette

AventineCrusader
14-03-2006, 21:16
Heres an update... some stuff I have been working on...

My aspiring champion w/ teleport homer...
A meltagun and based 'chaos hound'
My finished operative...
Another cultist *sigh*
My Aspiring champ w/ Kai gun, I use him as my HQ in smaller games...

AventineCrusader
14-03-2006, 21:19
Some other angles on that kai gun....

Hideous Loon
15-03-2006, 09:38
Your pictures are insanely huge, try to get smaller ones, as it's not hard. I really like your painting style (highlighting purple with green, who'd have thought of that?) and your Kai gun is solid. Kudos.

cerealkiller195
15-03-2006, 14:06
kai gun looks good, though i'm not sure why the guy has his hand behind his back, at firs ti thought he was missing his army. When i see the teleport homer i thought it could be a very big kai gun lol nice touch.

also glad to see the thread going again.

AventineCrusader
15-03-2006, 16:23
@ HL, It may be easy to get smaller pics but i still don't know how.

The kai gun guy has his hand behind his back because hes sneaky and untrustworthy, plus sometimes i put a ball of fire in that hand to represent that hes a psyker sometimes. Its kind of a funny tactic, but I also have a powerfist guy who is hiding it behind his back, its still WYSIWYG, but the opponent can't see it, hahaha.:D Now thats Alpha Legion...

Crusader

cerealkiller195
15-03-2006, 17:01
ironically that was the first thing in my mind "cause he's sneaky"

malika
18-03-2006, 15:26
I updated the ASP forum with your latest stuff! Im curious though, could you take some more pics of your tanks? :D

AventineCrusader
19-03-2006, 01:53
I'll take more photos of my tanks once they're finished, I really should finish them, as they've been WIP for about 6 months now. Maybe they'll be up by early next week...

bert n ernie
20-03-2006, 04:06
Hey, the army is great. Some brilliant conversions. I have no idea how you've managed to get your hands on so many shields. They really give a lot to the army though.
Since I've liked pretty much everything, and have been really impressed by most all of it I'm just goign to say a coulpe things I don't like.
The daemonette. It would be fine but the green crotch pad makes it a bit too gawdy. Try a dark metal perhaps?
Otherwise the model is better than the eavy metal ones, as you've chosen such a good scheme for it.
I also have a problem with that guys arm. It looks like its hanging off his body.

Are your hounds from warmachine? Cryx I believe?

AventineCrusader
20-03-2006, 04:39
Hey thanks for the comments, the shields come with the models they're on, brettonian men-at-arms. The daemonette isn't actually part of the army, I just painted it so I could paint something bright, hence the ridiculous green, though I might change it now. And those hounds aren't warmachine, they're GW cyber-mastiffs from the Necromunda Arbites range, though the cryx hounds were somewhat appealling at first.

AventineCrusader
29-03-2006, 00:22
Got an update! There hasn't been much to show lately because I basing mostly but I finished one of the tanks...

The first two are of the Bassie, its completely done besides the crew... and maybe a few more highlights...

I have the skin done on this agitator, he'll be fully done soon...

This is a WIP Terminator Champ, I'll finish him this week...
This is a fully done Terminator with newly done basing...

C&C appreciated,

bert n ernie
02-04-2006, 03:33
Great to see updates again
The Agitator skin is great, you can see a lot of character in that model.
The finished terminator is very good too, but are yelloy purity seals the way to go?
I'll wait till I see the crewmen for the basilisk commenting on that. It does need them.
Well done anyway, keep it up.

Inquisitor Konig
02-04-2006, 05:26
you have always been so quick with the paint. i however am slow and can almost never find the time. you inspire me to quit doing homework and go paint! nice work with the tank. im glad to see it is no longer just black! you are great at painting skin so it suprizes me that you've been having trouple with the faces. i think however it is time you invested in a brush small enough to paint the eye balls. it would bring out the charicter in the models greatly.
: D

AventineCrusader
02-04-2006, 11:29
@ BnE, the crewmen should be done soon. The yellow is used as it is a contrast color in my tac marines, as they have fake ultramarines markings.

@Konig, glad I inspired you, hopefully you'll update your thread soon. My Terminators should be all done soon. You know I can't paint no damn eyeballs!

malika
02-04-2006, 14:59
The Agitator is really cool! Im curious how you would make corrupted Servitors :eek:

Inquisitor Konig
02-04-2006, 23:27
some transition in your blue-green robes. on the armour it looks good, but on robes I think it needs more layers to look realistic

i think this is the best comment ive seen on your painting. the armor does nicely to have just one layer of highlight but the robes i think could do with a bit more. point in case are my own IG uniforms. i thought they were a bit dull and not very noticable. one one of my sargents i painted a second lighter highlight and on a my other sargent i added a third darker shadow in the form of brown ink. ill try to get these pics up by the end of the night to show you what i mean.
i am excited to see what your termis are going to look like once they are finished painted however ive always been an advocet of you adding more chaotic symbols to their armor seeing as how they roll with your over the top lord! remember that you have converted them from loyalist termis, i know you take pride in your mariens being mastakin for loyalists but these are champions of chaos! not to mention they are the go to guys for your 250pt deamon prince who has never been mestakin for anything else besides a ******* deamon.

AventineCrusader
03-04-2006, 04:42
Yes, the robes do need something else, but I've never been able to find that extra thing, plus going back on soooo many would take quite a while, but maybe once I'm done with the rest of the army. There are two highlight layers though.
As for the termis I think the addition of the warmaster hydra heads on the left shoulder pads will definately make them look more the part. I really regret not sanding the chest eagles off the terminators before I started painting, I think that would have helped, but at least the eagles are reasonably obscured, I think.
Look forward to seeing more pics from you soon.

Inquisitor Konig
03-04-2006, 15:43
prehaps try to mix a couple of colors to widen the spectrum of the highlights.

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 21:30
lets see some new pics! have you done anything new to your inquisitor warband?

AventineCrusader
06-04-2006, 21:47
Yeah I need to get some new batteries for my camera but the Terminators are almost done and I made a couple objective markers, after that it'll be power-armoured Marines coming in. Hopefully I'll have them up soon. I'm currently preparing for the TH v. DL qualifying tournament on Saturday, check out my list in my sig, its the last one on the thread...

Inquisitor Konig
06-04-2006, 21:50
where do i find this new list? im horrible at navagating this site!

AventineCrusader
06-04-2006, 21:56
Just click here. (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=588291&postcount=11)

There, its no longer complicated in the least...

Crusader

AventineCrusader
07-04-2006, 09:30
A little update, a new Terminator champ, a regular Terminator, and an objective I built...

cerealkiller195
07-04-2006, 15:56
i like em! much cleaner lines, like the contrast of the "purity" seals and you even found a use for that dog/rat looking thing on the brettonian sprue

firestorm40k
07-04-2006, 16:41
I like the objective! I can see the conversations now:

Gamer One: "Well, for an objective, my Guard fight for a Fuel Dump."
Gamer Two: "My Eldar fight over a Warp Gate, it's more characterful."
Aventine Crusader: "My army fights over semi-naked women..."
Gamers One & Two: "Oh yes, well, that makes perfect sense, who wouldn't!"

:p ;) :D

malika
08-04-2006, 15:38
A little update, a new Terminator champ, a regular Terminator, and an objective I built...

I see I need to upload some more pictures to the ASP forums, the Terminators are really cool...Im starting to like them more and more.

Inquisitor Konig
09-04-2006, 00:02
you even found a use for that dog/rat looking thing on the brettonian sprue
I believe it is one of those fabled "half-dog half-rat" cross breeds that are always being mentioned in the Brettonian fluf. But how did an Alpha Legion Termi get his hands on it... prehaps he is a breeder himself?

The painting looks great by the way. I suppose now i wont be as depressed when he materializes in my IG lines.:(

AventineCrusader
09-04-2006, 11:58
Hey don't make fun of Rex, he actually makes half the powr weapon attacks that that model produces:D . Well I got soundly beaten in the qualifying tournie. Man, why does everyone play power armour, I went against two super shooty marine armies, 1 Iron Hands and 1 DIY chapter, then a World Eaters army. It was very close with the DIY chapter but the fact he fielded two predator destructors, 3 dreads, and about 5 heavy bolters in units made my wall of mutants disintegrate just before it hit his lines, my cultists and marines on the other hand almost made up for it. The World Eaters was a complete rollover, he somehow managed to outshoot me, and it goes without saying he out-combated me... I think I'll have to tinker with my 2000 point list due to these realizations... the new boards at the store are really nice though...

malika
09-04-2006, 12:16
What about including big mutants in your list? You could convert them from Beastmen Minotaurs or even better,the plastic Skaven Rat Ogres :evilgrin:

Perhaps you could also use a fast assault unit, so what about rough riders (can you take those in a LatD list?) So just make mutated horses but also add bionics!

bert n ernie
09-04-2006, 19:44
Yeah, maybe you need faster units. You can tke roughriders, but it means an additional traitor troop chioce. So why not infiltrate the traitors for something, and basically get things in the positions you want.
Also, big mutants to me seem much like ogres in the guard list. Sound great, but do nothing. I think they are T4, which, considering their price is useless. Better to take 3 mutants I feel.

Inquisitor Konig
09-04-2006, 21:08
What about including big mutants in your list?
Perhaps you could also use a fast assault unit, so what about rough riders !

ive had the pleasure of fighting against this army more than my fare share of times so i feel i have room to comment on these sujestions.
first)big mutants are a waste of points, especialy in his army where he would be needing them to move forward. he has used them before (along with spawn) and they sucked. i think they (and their more loyal counterparts, ogryns) are best used as a counter-attack unit. the number of wounds and relative high st. and t. allow them to tie up annoying assulty units that have managed to make it to your lines for atleast a couple of turns.
secondly)mr. crusader originaly had rough riders in his list. i mean seriously, horses are cool. but again this unit had an extremely hard time making its points back as it almost always got mowed down trying to cross the battle field. (just think about calvery in WW1). units like the R.R. and B.M. should really be resurved for when a counter-attacking messure is needed. however, i think mr. crusader's army could do with a little fast attack choice. the deamons (comming soon) are not a bad idea but maybe rapters... in my opinion, if power armor is getting you down, take more mariens.

malika
09-04-2006, 21:44
Depends if you want your army to be more fluffy or more suitable for gaming. Personally I prefere armies which are very thematic instead of what is the best for a tournament. What about more heavy weapons? Taking out the enemy from a distance, so lascannons, heavy bolters and rocket launchers!

Inquisitor Konig
09-04-2006, 21:49
you should check out the link at the bottem of this posts. his army is very themed. personaly i think the deamons should go all together. prehaps oblitheratos would be of some use in this army...

malika
09-04-2006, 22:09
Hmm what about different types of mutants/servitors and let them count as daemons? Some sort of stronger beastmen with boinical and chemical upgrades, the chemicals mean it might overdose so daemons need to be summoned and can dissapear again right? This could be perfectly fitting.

You should check out the background Mr Crusader has been working on here (http://anargo-sector.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=648) :) Join up in the carnage if you feel like it.

The idea of Obliterators does sound interesting, especially since the virus responsible for causing Obliterators was spreading through the Imperium or something like that.

Oh some Icon/Standard bearer could also be really cool! Dont those things help with summoning daemons?

AventineCrusader
10-04-2006, 02:33
you should check out the link at the bottem of this posts. his army is very themed. personaly i think the deamons should go all together. prehaps oblitheratos would be of some use in this army...

The Oblits I don't think fit into AL fluff at all, I guess I don't have anything to base it off of, its just a gut feeling. Plus then I couldn't have the Terminators. I've thought about Raptors, but I think their not cost effective enough for me. The daemons need to happen... but this is the painting forum, post this stuff in my army list thread...

Inquisitor Konig
10-04-2006, 03:47
ok, but where is this "list thread" that you speak of. i am just a simple passer through who does not have time to spend on all your demands.
last comment on the wrong thread...
prehaps some deamon calvery would be cool. take like one unit of those and another pack of deamons on foot. broaden your list. it may not be possible with your points restraints but think about it.
p.s. how much are raptors? you have my codex you know!?

AventineCrusader
11-04-2006, 05:17
The thread I refer to is in my sig where it says 'The List'. Raptors are 3 more points a piece than Bloodletters. Which is 5*10-(7*3). Heh, can't post points values... the Bloodletters have more strength and power weapons, plus can't be shot from turn 1. Some Screamers or Furies may be cool, I've considered them before, maybe in my extended full Force Organization chart list.

Inquisitor Konig
11-04-2006, 09:00
that is lame.

AventineCrusader
12-04-2006, 10:34
I also think the bloodletters will provide a nice color with the rest of the army. I think I may paint them with the same skin as my beastmen so they would be very similar in appearance overall. Tactically the Bloodletters are going to kill me some power armour, woohooo. I don't know why you dislike Bloodletters, Konig, they won't be particularly effective against your guardsmen. They are a very good point buy however.

Inquisitor Konig
13-04-2006, 20:17
whatever, i just worship the god of decay... and id rather see you with blood letters than plague bearers... but the chicks man, the chicks...

AventineCrusader
15-04-2006, 09:05
So I did a lil' bit of freehand on my marines, its not all that good, but I like it. The freehand is Ultramarines symbols to fool the enemy, it is a tribute to the IA article.

I've also got some 'counts as' Oblits that I'm working on for a tourney, they're still pretty WIP.

Then I also have some other stuff for the tourny, mostly stuff from my old Alpha Legion army. I have 4 more Raptors that are all being repainted like so.

Then I have a rather comical PF champion.

And my old DP is going to make an appearance at the tourney, he needs to be touched up quite a bit... quite a turn out of retirees...

Inquisitor Konig
21-04-2006, 07:11
isnt the "U" on the wrong sholderpad? it needs to be facing forward to fool people with the back one the true colors. right?

AventineCrusader
24-04-2006, 02:27
Dammit, thanks for pointing that out but I don't think I'll to fix it, it was hard.
In other matters, I got some new stuff! *for my B-day*

I ended up settling on the girls...

And the new mutants, I've only built these three so far...

I also got a Sentinel for small games and combat patrol!

Inquisitor Konig
24-04-2006, 02:33
you bastard. i want that deathwatch metal thing-y. anyway is that last of the stuff to buy?
sorry i forgot about your birthday

cerealkiller195
24-04-2006, 03:11
happy b-day AC!

good stuff, but be prepared to reglue those arms ALOT, i use daemonettes as base for my furies... look great but i cant count how many times i've glued on the arms.

AventineCrusader
24-04-2006, 05:30
Dont worry, Konig, my birthday is tomorrow, so you didn't forget. I just got a few early presents. Yep, thats the last stuff for my 2000 point list. Yeah I ordered that DW bit, its from the =I= range.

Thanks, CK. Yeah those arms look a lilttle fiddly...

Crusader

AventineCrusader
24-04-2006, 23:10
Just finished up building my new purchases...

malika
24-04-2006, 23:59
Very interesting stuff you got there!!! Keep up the good work man!

cerealkiller195
25-04-2006, 02:24
get rid of teh metal rods from the sentinel.

AventineCrusader
25-04-2006, 04:38
You think I should take them off entirely? I was just waiting til I painted the driver to add the rest of the overhead assembly...

cerealkiller195
25-04-2006, 22:50
lol oh. i guess in that case leave them. I dunno for my sents i usually take them off i think its bettre looking. and dont have to worry if it breaks

Zactar
26-04-2006, 00:02
aiaiai, the horde is growing... Looking good there, those mutants are quite intimidating (only in numbers though :p), I'll keep my eye out for those.. I'll be lurking in the shadows hehe :D

AventineCrusader
26-04-2006, 07:18
OK, I did the test model for my daemonettes, I like it really well, the purple/blue seems so rich (if I do say so myself). I really love these models, I have to do up another seven real quick...

Inquisitor Konig
26-04-2006, 23:51
is that test model finished? i can't say i like it as much as the horrors you did that one time. the purple does look really rich. i was hopeing you were going to add more layers into the purple with some green and blue. anyway, ill just have to see it in person i suppose.

Inquisitor Konig
26-04-2006, 23:52
p.s. when did you get/add a sentinel?

AventineCrusader
27-04-2006, 02:31
Its mostly finished, besides a few metal tidbits. The Horrors were better because they had no flesh tones, so I was able to really go crazy, but I thought the Nettes needed the flesh to tie them to the rest of the army. The purple already has six layers, and I wanted it to be pure, so no green or blue. There is green or blue on the tabard though:p . I got the sentinel with my b-day lot, its not in my 2k list or any list I have written yet, I got it for small games/ combat patrols.

AventineCrusader
30-04-2006, 07:04
I won a basilisk and a leman russ at a tournament at my local store today. The best part was I had three really good games against fully-painted armies that were not :cheese: . One was a really nicely painted Red Corsair army and the other two were quite nice SoB armies. I had a 2 win, 1 tie ratio, which is above average for my army. I used the daemonettes for the first time today and they rocked, rending really is good. A good day.

Inquisitor Konig
01-05-2006, 06:48
fantastic mate! what are you going to do with the new armor?

AventineCrusader
01-05-2006, 08:05
Well I'm gonna keep the Basilisk... and maybe the Russ, but they are somewhat redundant. About half way through painting more daemonettes, just a few more colors to go and I'll put up some pics...

AventineCrusader
15-05-2006, 08:04
Been a while, but I haven't been painting much, I'll put what little of an update I have, 4 WIP daemonettes and a new pic of my Lord... now thats its summer I'll get my **** in gear...

malika
15-05-2006, 09:59
Look who's back!!! :evilgrin:

AventineCrusader
26-09-2006, 11:25
Been a long while since I updated this thread, but I am a threadromancer, so it was easy.;)

Well since last updated I have completely finished the 2000pt. list and am well on my way to the 2500 point mark. But enough talk, say hi to the Crusaders.

Comments?

Crusader

malika
26-09-2006, 12:53
Woah you/re back with more crazy goodies! Kick ass! :eek:

AventineCrusader
27-09-2006, 11:16
Feel free to update Anargo, if you wish.

Crusader

Boss_Salvage
27-09-2006, 16:46
From one Legionnaire to another: nice work! Been admiring your stuff for a while now, always nice to see more pics of the lads. My only question is how does the army fair on the table? With such a solid army this isn't as much of a concern, but I'm still curious.

Wicked stuff, and thanks for sharing!

- Salvage

Easy E
27-09-2006, 19:40
Your a credit to your Cell. I love the bionic arm on the men-at-arms guy with the halberd. He's in the background of the Cultist Champion pick at the beginning. He looks fuedal and 40K at the same time. Also, your paint scheme does a nice job unifying the force.

Go LaTD!

AventineCrusader
28-09-2006, 01:48
From one Legionnaire to another: nice work! Been admiring your stuff for a while now, always nice to see more pics of the lads. My only question is how does the army fair on the table? With such a solid army this isn't as much of a concern, but I'm still curious.

Wicked stuff, and thanks for sharing!

- Salvage

Thanks! I ususally fair pretty well, around fifty percent wins. I have gotten 1st in a tourney with them once, and 3rd another time. I've been checking out your army blog, hope to see some of yuor painted stuff soon.

Your a credit to your Cell. I love the bionic arm on the men-at-arms guy with the halberd. He's in the background of the Cultist Champion pick at the beginning. He looks fuedal and 40K at the same time. Also, your paint scheme does a nice job unifying the force.

Go LaTD!

Yes, he is one of my favorite Cultists aswell. I have named him Sylass(no relationship to site admin) because I think it fits with his handlebar moustache. Yeah, the paint-scheme is the only thing that unifies the look of the force, considering what a rag-tag bunch of models it is.

Crusader

Boss_Salvage
28-09-2006, 02:16
I've been checking out your army blog, hope to see some of yuor painted stuff soon.
Ha! Good to see someone is reading the blog. New camera batteries are charging as we speak, so maybe pics happen tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a pic I have handy of what the 1000 point list looked like before building and undercoating:

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~hdg9r/dakka/alassemble.jpg

And one (crappy) pic of the scout cultists, who are shockingly similar to some of your mutant boys (though I really like how you've taken the beastmen further):

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~hdg9r/dakka/bm6.jpg

- Salvage

AventineCrusader
28-09-2006, 02:48
Nice, I especially like the use of the FW dread and the use of the old school HB on Zargoths Renegades. Is that a necron head on your oblit? What model is your Lord? I can't quite make it out.

Also, have you seen my work on the structure of the AL, here.... (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50164)

Crusader

Ziljin
28-09-2006, 03:33
i remember this thread from ages ago, the new stuff looks amazing.

AventineCrusader
28-11-2006, 09:34
A couple new things from the workshop:D

First up my Keeper of Secrets, one of the main advantages of playing AL LaTD is I am not as limited in daemons as traditional AL.

Next is my new infiltrating, D. speed Lord.

And my WIP 'counts as' Obliterators. I always thought Oblits were a bit too daemonic for AL, but I really wanted to field them,
hence the 'Hydra Weapons Team' was born.

Crusader

tinfoil
28-11-2006, 14:27
Nice stuff. Glad to see this thread revived, and the project still making headway.

The Hydra Weapons Team concept is a novel idea.
I love the lord. (Though in that first picture, it looks as though he's wearing sunglasses!)

malika
28-11-2006, 14:34
I really love the Hyrda teams! Could you post more pics of your Traitor Guard units, as in better and clearer pics, similar to your latest pictures.

Paddy
28-11-2006, 14:44
Incredible stuff, can't believe I only just found this log.

You've given me some ideas about using LatD for loyalists now. Hmmmmmmmm

AventineCrusader
28-11-2006, 21:31
I really love the Hyrda teams! Could you post more pics of your Traitor Guard units, as in better and clearer pics, similar to your latest pictures.

Yeah, I'll do that later on today. I finally got access to a camera again:D ...

Crusader

AventineCrusader
29-11-2006, 21:51

malika
30-11-2006, 12:51
Thanks a lot dude! What can we expect in the future from these forces? I would very much like to see finished pictures of these Hydra teams, they are simply amazing, and a very original and fluffy idea.

AventineCrusader
30-11-2006, 14:37
I'll be working on small pieces of this army slowly for some time as I inch towards 3000 points. That said, at the moment i will be focusing on my new Eldar army.

Crusader

elotsip
11-04-2007, 22:08
Great looking army. I love all the wacky conversions and what not.

bert n ernie
12-04-2007, 19:24
Argh! Threadmancy.
I had hoped it'd be Crusader who'd post next. Is there any mroe from these guys on the way?

AventineCrusader
12-04-2007, 23:56
Not for a while at least, my Eldar are my current focus...

Crusader