PDA

View Full Version : Looted Valkyrie

TownCryer
20-02-2010, 00:43
Or, Dat Ummie Flyie Shooty T`ing

A conversation earlier on conversions made me ponder on this less than gracefully flown vehicle. A wrecked Valyerie or vendetta fixed up by the Meks, and sent back out to fly a black smokey path into the enemies path, able to drop off Kommandos.

What do you guys think?

Mannimarco
20-02-2010, 00:56
fairly common conversion

get one, bust it up a little and stick extra plates over it then attach a big rotor blade and there ya go instant lotted valkyrie

WinglessVT2
20-02-2010, 01:02
When did looting carnifex and eldar falcons go out of fashion?

Nurgling Chieftain
20-02-2010, 01:18
I've never heard of looting a carnifex before. That's pretty funny. :cool:

TownCryer
20-02-2010, 01:28
Well I think Basking the Trukk and Valk would have the best results since I get that ork Pilot. Might need a spare wrecking bakk to hang out the side doors. Or from the rear hatch with a Dakka boy from the side hatch.

wazatdingder
20-02-2010, 01:29
I've been wanting to loot 3 'Fexex for a while.
Someday I may win the lottery...:cries:

Caiphas Cain
20-02-2010, 01:38

You've never heard of Blarg Rawr?

Nurgling Chieftain
20-02-2010, 03:00
No, I haven't, and plugging that term into google gets your post above as the first remotely relevant link.

Tenken
20-02-2010, 03:09
You've never heard of Blarg Rawr?

Now I gotta know. I have a carni sitting at home from when I thought I wanted to play nids.... What's the secret!?!?

WinglessVT2
20-02-2010, 03:09
http://1d4chan.org/images/b/b9/Looted_Carnifex.jpg

Tenken
20-02-2010, 03:16

AWESOM!! needs instructions.

Eldartank
20-02-2010, 05:11
Or, Dat Ummie Flyie Shooty T`ing

A conversation earlier on conversions made me ponder on this less than gracefully flown vehicle. A wrecked Valyerie or vendetta fixed up by the Meks, and sent back out to fly a black smokey path into the enemies path, able to drop off Kommandos.

What do you guys think?

Actually, with the right orky weapon mounts and other orky stuff, a Valkyrie could easily be converted to a "looted" Valkyrie, counting rules-wise as a Fighta-Bomma. And it would then be perfectly legal in a game of Apocalypse where things like Fighta-Bommas are allowed.

Plague.Monk
20-02-2010, 06:02

this made me laugh out loud and I woke up the girlfriend >< thats pretty sweet tho

Lothlanathorian
20-02-2010, 06:29
Myself and another user on here also both have made mention of wanting looted 'fexes.

TheWarSmith
20-02-2010, 06:34
Actually, with the right orky weapon mounts and other orky stuff, a Valkyrie could easily be converted to a "looted" Valkyrie, counting rules-wise as a Fighta-Bomma. And it would then be perfectly legal in a game of Apocalypse where things like Fighta-Bommas are allowed.

If you're playing apocalypse, then couldn't he count it at a valkyrie and transport his orc boys?

AndrewGPaul
20-02-2010, 10:35
fairly common conversion

get one, bust it up a little and stick extra plates over it then attach a big rotor blade and there ya go instant lotted valkyrie

Make sure you do a better job than the one on Bell Of Lost Souls though - a tail rotor would be fairly vital. :)

BlackLegion
20-02-2010, 12:02
A looted Valkyrie will be pretty quickly transform into a Fighta-Bommer.

NightrawenII
20-02-2010, 19:00
Ask and thou shall receive:

Sunfang
20-02-2010, 19:24
Looted Carnifex would just be...an ork dred as far as game play?

Looks sick and I would love to see someone pop that on the table.

Cromwell Haarlock-Leth
20-02-2010, 19:33
Looted Carnifex as dredd? Oh yes...

Looted Walkyrie? Fighta' Bomma. And, except if your opponent is generous (and mad) enough to accept it, it will not count as having the transport capacity of a Walkyrie.

Looted DE Raider With Wheels: Trukk...

Grimbad
20-02-2010, 20:46
Looted Walkyrie? Fighta' Bomma. And, except if your opponent is generous (and mad) enough to accept it, it will not count as having the transport capacity of a Walkyrie.

In Apocalypse, it would work just as well to count it as an allied valkyrie transporting some ork units.

Eldartank
20-02-2010, 21:36
If you're playing apocalypse, then couldn't he count it at a valkyrie and transport his orc boys?

I suppose, but it would be more "fluffy" to actually make it a looted Valkyrie and use the Fighta-Bomma rules for it. Or, since Apocalypse does allow for inventing rules for odd models - make it an actual looted Valkyrie that can transport orks, replace the lascannon with a zzap gun, and replace the door heavy bolters with big shootas. But I like the idea of counting it as a Fighta-Bomma better.

;)

Grimbad
20-02-2010, 23:24
Maybe count it as a fighta-bomma with a transport capacity instead of its bomm payload?

Bilmengar
21-02-2010, 00:31
Or some grots throwing some explosives out of the doors? :p

Chem-Dog
21-02-2010, 01:40
AWESOM!! needs instructions.

a tail rotor would be fairly vital. :)

These two posters are hearby banned from ever having an Ork army!

1) Instructions for making Ork vehicles:- Nail guns to it, give it an engine, paint it red.
2) Tail rotors are only important if you want to stop your craft spinning around.

As for the OP, if you want to keep it a skimmer type thing, why not count it as a Def Kopta Sqwadron? One in the Cockpit and one on each of the side doors.